Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link please where they said "multiple weapons" I have only read 2 firearms in every report out there.

I didn't read it, I heard it on CBC news live. I thought I heard "multiple firearms", but wasn't sure. That's why I asked for a clarification :oops::oops: I've looked it up and it does appear to say "two firearms" on every source I looked at.

I think my suspicions of other parties involved would be put at rest if the police would just release images of them at the various gas stations they were spotted at. If we saw those, we would see not only that they were driving the RAV4, but if they were with any one else. At this point, I still feel that someone could have been with them, perhaps met them after murdering Deese and Folwer, convinced them to ditch Kam's truck, then led them on a trip into Manitoba to the Nelson river area, then into the bush, then murdered them and staged it to be a suicide.

These were two friends who committed crimes that required no additional people.

What is the basis for believing that there is a third party involved?

Only two men were seen in the video that has been released.

Each encounter involved people allegedly spotting just two people.

Two bodies were found.

A third person wasn’t necessary, and everything we have seen seems to exclude that as being a possibility.

67730_feature-update-eng.jpg

The Manitoba Medical Examiner has completed the autopsies and confirmed that the two deceased men located in Manitoba on August 7, 2019 were Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky. Their next of kin have been notified and they have been offered support.

The RCMP can also confirm that the two died in what appears to be suicides by gunfire. While both individuals were deceased for a number of days before they were found, the exact time and date of their deaths are not known. However, there are strong indications that they had been alive for a few days since last seen in July and during the extensive search efforts in the Gillam area.

Police can also confirm that two firearms were also located with the two deceased males and forensic analysis is underway in order to definitively confirm that these weapons are connected with the northern BC homicide investigations. The Manitoba RCMP have completed their search of the area were the two male bodies were discovered, approximately 8 km from where Mr. Dyck’s burnt RAV4 was located on July 22, 2019.

Investigators are now assessing all items located in Manitoba, along with the previous findings related to the three northern BC homicide investigations, in order to gain more clarity into what happened to Leonard Dyck, Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese. The assessment will review all the investigative findings to date, whether it is statements, evidentiary time lines, physical or digital evidence, and the BC RCMP have also have engaged our Behavioural Analysis Unit (BAU).

The BC RCMP commits that once we have completed that review within the next few weeks, we will be providing the families with an update with respect to the totality of the investigations and then releasing the information publicly.

RCMP in British Columbia - Update – RCMP confirm cause of death and provide update on the Northern BC triple homicide investigations

Please be nice to me, i'm not an english native speaker, there's a big chance i'm misinterpreting the sentence... but isn't "what appears to be suicides by gunfire" inconclusive?
To me (as non-english native speaker) it sounds like the cause of death was by gunshots but they are not sure yet who fired the guns.

JMO

Not surprised at the results of the autopsies. Of course, their bodies were not discovered for some time, so the evidence could have been altered or displayed. Everything is falling in place too neatly for my tastes, especially when there were too many lucky breaks, like the 'tip' that tied them to Fowler and Deese. The police couldn't even track their movements into the bush, it was only after more lucky breaks they spotted the bodies? But when you look on the map, their bodies were really only 100-200m from that road, and there are plenty of trails running around there.
As far as I know, the burning RAV4 was found the day they were announced as missing, so they weren't exactly running from the law when they hit the bush, as far as they were concerned (eg. no disguises, casually walking through a store with cameras). So why bother killing yourself? It doesn't make sense, you're gonna run just so you can commit suicide in a bush?
Let's say for arguments sake there was a third person with them, they could have staged the suicides - by drugging them then using the guns - then leaving the weapons with them. Then they could have walked out of that bush easily to a waiting vehicle on the road. Seems a bit too convenient.
Re-read the facts, there are so many that are wrong in your arguement.

A third person might still be involved, though very unlikely, IMO.

The autopsy doesn't prove that one way or the other.

Last edited:
Please be nice to me, i'm not an english native speaker, there's a big chance i'm misinterpreting the sentence... but isn't "what appears to be suicides by gunfire" inconclusive?
To me (as non-english native speaker) it sounds like the cause of death was by gunshots but they are not sure yet who fired the guns.

JMO

I think they simply need to further investigate the circumstances.

All indications are that these two died from suicide though.

Perhaps the autopsy report isn’t final, or the RCMP just decided to characterize it this way.

I figured they had a gun, I was thinking a .22 based on the description the road worker gave of the injury he observed (small hole in abdomen area). But two guns? That surprises me, I didn’t expect that. They each had a gun. Wow.

I never totally bought into the whole idea that these were a just couple of kids on a road trip making bad decisions, but having two guns makes the whole thing seem even more premeditated than it did before. You take two guns with you on a road trip, a gun each? Hmmm. Not good.

Can you even imagine how BS and KM families are feeling right now? The guns are enough proof for me that they did this. It was the only sticking point for me. I hadn’t heard of a gun being connected to them. Ugh. So why? What was the point? Did it go as planned? It was pretty anti climatic. Did they buy stolen guns? Maybe that is why they got the walmart jobs.

You must have missed it in many earlier informations - Bryer and Kam spent a number of months (or years) camping out in the 'bush' (most likely around their area which is mountains and forest. This was also confirmed by acquaintances of them as well as family members.
Wow! I did miss that. I'm going to have to google. I saw that they had played airsoft games and gone on camping trips. I didn't know they lived in the bush for months or years at a time. Amazing.

JMO
I think they simply need to further investigate the circumstances.

All indications are that these two died from suicide though.

Perhaps the autopsy report isn’t final, or the RCMP just decided to characterize it this way.
And it is sort of a trope of cop-talk, legalese to always hedge your bets, even when you are confident..."It appears that..." "It may be that..." "It would seem that..."

These were two friends who committed crimes that required no additional people.

What is the basis for believing that there is a third party involved?

Only two men were seen in the video that has been released.

Each encounter involved people allegedly spotting just two people.

Two bodies were found.

A third person wasn’t necessary, and everything we have seen seems to exclude that as being a possibility.

Well, there isn't a motive for these two to suddenly murder three individuals, then drive east to kill themselves. However, if someone murdered the couple, then gained the trust of BS and KM, they could then pin the murder on them.
BS and KM were hanging around the area of the Fowler and Deese murder for 4 days. Why didn't they just run then? Were they waiting for the police or someone to finger them for the murders? And just to make sure they'd be connected, they decided to burn their own truck, murder Leonard Dyck and drive HIS car across the country?
I can't wait for the RCMP to get some lucky breaks like this for the highway of tears murders soon.

I figured they had a gun, I was thinking a .22 based on the description the road worker gave of the injury he observed (small hole in abdomen area). But two guns? That surprises me, I didn’t expect that. They each had a gun. Wow.

I never totally bought into the whole idea that these were a just couple of kids on a road trip making bad decisions, but having two guns makes the whole thing seem even more premeditated than it did before. You take two guns with you on a road trip, a gun each? Hmmm. Not good.
Agreed 100%

JMO

That is actually how it comes across to me as well. I feel that they would not have said "appears to be" if they were certain.

if the guns came from where I suspect they did then I think that will show more that it was just the two of them.

What do you mean? Obviously they obtained guns somewhere. Were the McLeod family hunters? Did they take the guns from the family stash? Is that why the McLeods are silent? Everything is so bizarre in this case.

sure seems wierd that both of them commited suicide, you would think if either one of them was truly evil they would have let the other commit suicide and pin the whole thing on the dead one

They were in this together, so I’m not surprised.

If one of them tried to blame the other (dead one), it wouldn’t have worked anyway.

I think ballistics would have destroyed that opportunity, and proven that two guns were used in the Fowler/Deese murders.

They both committed horrific crimes, even if only one of them was the killer (which I don’t believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46