Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...if they had run out of gas, what would they use? If they had a jerry can, surely they'd put gas in the tank. I guess they could have kept a can of gas just for that purpose. Which is strange. Maybe they had a can of diesel left from their own truck.

I would assume they needed an accelerant to get the kind of burns shown.

I agree entirely. I assume they used whatever was handy as an accelerant, which was probably gasoline. I just wanted to make the (probably needless) point that if you want to torch something safely, diesel fuel is a better option.

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not extend the right of dead people to be considered innocent. In Canada and other countries including the US, families of dead people cannot even sue for libel or defamation for disparaging or untrue statements made about a dead relative because of Common Law - you cannot defame a dead person because they’re, well, dead and after death, they have no reputation to protect.

If you’re able to determine otherwise, here’s the link -

Information archivée dans le Web | Information Archived on the Web

Interesting, but not relevant to what I posted. Some folks have all along pointed out that a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I was saying, were that true, these two would be innocent forever.

They're sure as heck not innocent. I have never believed that since the day they were announced as suspects.

I'm surprised they found two guns next to the bodies
Indeed. Amazing that 2 men wanted for shooting people dead are found with guns. :eek:

Part of me was holding out hope that they didn't commit these crimes

Don't give up hope just yet. Who says their guns were the ones that killed 3 people? :rolleyes:

Don’t give up hope just yet? Hope that the “real” murderers are still running free, placing other innocent people’s lives at risk? Surely that’s not what you’re saying?

They could have also started out with one gun and acquired the other from one of the victims. I would think at the very least LD would have had one if he was out in the wilds a lot for his own protection and so when they took his vehicle there was one to be found inside.

Last edited:
"...forensic analysis is underway in order to definitively confirm that these weapons are connected with the northern BC homicide investigations..."
Is there a reason why the RCMP didn't state these 2 guns have been confirmed through forensic analysis as being the guns used in the deaths of BS and KM?

Maybe they’re still testing that too?

what are the laws in Canada for purchase of gun parts? could enough parts be bought to put one together? I assume the receiver is regulated if other parts aren't.

Well, there isn't a motive for these two to suddenly murder three individuals, then drive east to kill themselves. However, if someone murdered the couple, then gained the trust of BS and KM, they could then pin the murder on them.
BS and KM were hanging around the area of the Fowler and Deese murder for 4 days. Why didn't they just run then? Were they waiting for the police or someone to finger them for the murders? And just to make sure they'd be connected, they decided to burn their own truck, murder Leonard Dyck and drive HIS car across the country?
I can't wait for the RCMP to get some lucky breaks like this for the highway of tears murders soon.

Maybe the reason for K and B's trip was to buy guns - they spent their money- the murder of the couple was a robbery gone wrong. I don't know - its just speculation - I'm still grappling with the suicides. I really thought their cause of death was going to be hyperthermia and not suicide - otherwise, why kill yourself in the bush? Forensics should be able to determine the time of death more precisely than what we know currently. For example, IMO, a body decomposing in the bush for 5 days vs, 10 days should be quite different.

Two guns also points in the direction that they both wanted to kill others

I think that's quite a stretch. All two guns point to is that they both wanted to have a gun for whatever reason....safety, robbery, OR, perhaps killing. All I'm saying is it does not just point to "wanting to kill others"

I thought they had killed themselves shortly after they ditched the RAV4.

Maybe they had 2 guns and only 2 bullets and that's why no one else was killed?
To me this looks like a very standard spree killing that got abbreviated by driving into a dead end. Andrew Cunanen had more days than these guys between new cars/victims. The fact that they lived for several days after the last sighting suggests they wanted to carry on, but relentless police pressure took away their options. I think that band constable check point really helped too. It’s probably what made them unwilling to turn around and go out the way they came.

I'm an aussie and have been following this case unfold fairly closely, although it's difficult to keep up with speed of the threads!

My heart goes out to all the victims who through no fault of there own have been thrown into this nightmare. What a waste of three beautiful lives in the deaths of Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Len Dyck.

Thanks to all the websleuthers on here who amaze me with the time and effort they put into research, problem solving and then sharing it with us all.

I travelled to Canada when I was 21-22 many many years ago, spending some time in BC on Vancouver Island, working in Vancouver and then over to Quebec and Montreal. Like Lucas, except I'm female, I used to travel on the smell of an oily rag often hitchhiking. I felt then that Canadians were more like Australians than any other nationality I had come across in my extensive travels. I absolutely love Canada, such a beautiful country and the Canadians I met were wonderful to me. I hope to get back there someday.

I know Canadians will be doing some soul searching on what went wrong to these two young men and how to prevent it from happening again. Hopefully some good comes out of this tragedy with more understanding and resources directed towards those who fall between the cracks.

no way you would hear shots that far away, even up in the wilderness.

Totally agree and I wasn't suggesting one would,. I was pointing out to previous poster that those gunshots had been explaied so it could not be related to KM/BS.
York Landing to where KM/BS were found is roughly 200km away, no possility noise would carry that far. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member