GUILTY OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike Co, 29 Jun 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • READER, CHARLES S
  • - Defendant
1.) DEFENDANT SHALL REFRAIN FROM ALL CONTACT WITH STATE'S WITNESSES
2.) AND SHALL NOT DISCUSS CASE ON SOCIAL MEDIA;
3.) DEFENDANT SHALL SURRENDER ALL KEYS AND FOBS TO COURTHOUSE;
4.) DEFENDANT SHALL OBEY ALL LAWS GENERALLY,
5.) AND SHALL NOT LEAVE THE STATE OF OHIO WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE COURT

07/02/2019 OWN RECOGNIZANCE BOND
07/02/2019 COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED

07/03/2019 RETURN FROM ROSS COUNTY SHERIFF -- CHARLES S READER SERVED 6/29/19

07/08/2019 NOTICE OF REPRESENTATION FILED Attorney: BOULGER, JAMES T

07/10/2019 DEMAND FOR A BILL OF PARTICULARS FILED (VIA FAX)
07/10/2019 STATE OF OHIO'S DISCOVERY RESPONSE AND NOTICE OF INTENTION TO USE EVIDENCE FILED
07/10/2019 STATE OF OHIO'S DISCOVERY DEMAND FILED
07/10/2019 JUDGMENT ENTRY OF PROVISIONAL SUSPENSION FILED COPIES
FILED RETD TO PROSECUTOR, MAILED TO COUNSEL AND DEFENDANT

07/12/2019 DEMAND FOR A BILL OF PARTICULARS FILED (ORIGINAL)

08/12/2019 (10:00 AM PRE-TRIAL) -THE HONORABLE CHRIS A MARTIN

Last edited:
Charlie's first pretrial is 8/12. Even if/when he is found NG, he will still have to run for sheriff next year, and I heard old Jim Nelson is going to run also. :rolleyes::D

He must have forgotten the speed trap they ran in Piketon.

Last edited:
Charlie's first pretrial is 8/12. Even if/when he is found NG, he will still have to run for sheriff next year, and I heard old Jim Nelson is going to run also. :rolleyes::D

He must have forgotten the speed trap they ran in Piketon.

If running speed traps is illegal, nearly every police chief in Ohio would be in jail.

If running speed traps is illegal, nearly every police chief in Ohio would be in jail.

https://www.speedtrap.org/ohio-speed-trap-cities/

:eek: The 10 Worst Ohio Speed Trap Cities :eek:

As reported by motorists to The National Speed Trap Exchange over the the past 5 years:

Rank # of Speed Traps City Acknowledgement Rate
1 10 Toledo 97%
2 5 Twinsburg 100%
3 5 Parma 97%
4 3 Strongsville 100%
5 3 North Olmsted 97%
6 3 Akron 95%
7 3 Cincinnati 94%
8 3 Hanging Rock 91%
9 3 North Kingsville 88%
10 3 Columbus 81%

Thanks for the City data CC. Hanging Rock is nasty to drive past on Route #52, always state patrol and local cops on the prowl... lol. I don't know how I wasn't one of their victims, but I would only have myself to blame o_O Thank goodness my Aunt no longer lives in Ironton. :D

https://www.speedtrap.org/ohio/piketon/

Moving away from this part of the discussion as I have been WAYYYYYYY off topic.

Thanks for the City data CC. Hanging Rock is nasty to drive past on Route #52, always state patrol and local cops on the prowl... lol. I don't know how I wasn't one of their victims, but I would only have myself to blame o_O Thank goodness my Aunt no longer lives in Ironton. :D

https://www.speedtrap.org/ohio/piketon/

Moving away from this part of the discussion as I have been WAYYYYYYY off topic.

Easy to do. It will be real odd to see Reader at his pre trial. He was there when the Wagners were arraigned in his law officer capacity so to see him as a defendant is just not something I will get used to. Can you imagine if he goes through a trial? How will they get a jury from Pike? Even if he gets vindicated he is done forever as Sheriff. And why are taking loans a crime--over charge much?
8-675aa111db.jpg

Last edited:
Any news from court this morning?

Yes, Charlie was looking more like he was attending a wedding, black suit and white shirt. Sharp as hell. Cue up ZZ Top's "Every Girls Crazy Bout A Sharp Dressed Man" LOL. The hearing was short, but a Jury trial will begin February 3, 2020.

His Mom and Dad accompanied him. :):):)

Jmo but I don’t think this will go to trial, I believe a plea deal will be made. Notice the interaction between defense and prosecutor at the end. Watch it very closely and pay attention to the motioning. Jmo

Jmo but I don’t think this will go to trial, I believe a plea deal will be made. Notice the interaction between defense and prosecutor at the end. Watch it very closely and pay attention to the motioning. Jmo

I had forgotten to say in my prior post that 2 pre trial hearings were also set in todays hearing. I can't recall the exact dates, but one is in September and IIRC, the other in November. Can you post the link of what you are referencing? Please, and thank you.

I had forgotten to say in my prior post that 2 pre trial hearings were also set in todays hearing. I can't recall the exact dates, but one is in September and IIRC, the other in November. Can you post the link of what you are referencing? Please, and thank you.
Jmo the video of hearing at the end watch interaction between the two (prosecutor and defense) and the preceding interaction between reader and his attorney. You can hear the attorney just a bit Jmo

Jmo the video of hearing at the end watch interaction between the two (prosecutor and defense) and the preceding interaction between reader and his attorney. You can hear the attorney just a bit Jmo

I haven't seen a video of today's hearing, link if you can. I appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanyanns
Back