NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read where there were NO cameras facing the cells or hallway! Can you believe it. I don't understand.

The cameras apparently show the outside of the cells, so you can see who is coming and going.

Cameras facing inside cells would be a huge invasion of privacy, provided the inmate is not on suicide watch.

The cameras apparently show the outside of the cells, so you can see who is coming and going.

Cameras facing inside cells would be a huge invasion of privacy, provided the inmate is not on suicide watch.
BBM But wouldn't that be the hallway. They said no camera were in the hallway either. I find that shocking.

Maybe this is what was happening underwater - actual rooms? Seems like a great place to hide things?

"In 2016, Epstein purchased the neighbouring larger island of Great St James Island for $18 million, which is still under construction.

The plan for the complex includes an amphitheatre and an “underwater office and pool”, according to the Virgin Islands Daily News."

Jeffrey Epstein’s secret high society ‘paedo island’ focus of investigation
Chicago-based contractor James Both shared his professional thoughts on the building’s door with Business Insider.

“It’s styled like what you might see on a castle, with what appears to be a reinforcing lock bar across the face,” he said.

“What makes it peculiar is that if you wanted to keep people out, the bar would be placed inside the building, (but the) locking bar appears to be placed on the outside … as if it were intended to lock people in.”

The front of the building is flanked by statues painted in gold; one that appears to be Poseidon, Greek god of the sea, and another that looks like a pair of birds. It is surrounded by a line of palm trees and a terrace with a labyrinth motif.

A small structure downhill from the building has led some to believe it serves as a second entrance and suggests the space extends underground.

‘UNDERGROUND LAIR’

“It is absolutely possible to install a dwelling and elevator underneath the structure,” Mr Both said.

“If an elevator was built there, (it) would most likely be a record with the vendor who installed the elevator, as they typically require yearly maintenance and inspection.”

Other curious details about the building have since emerged.

It was constructed sometime between 2009 and 2013 after Epstein’s 2008 guilty plea of soliciting and procuring a minor for prostitution.

The billionaire financier maintained a low profile after he received a lenient plea deal over claims he paid girls for sexual massages.

Many began to believe his need for privacy appeared more sinister.

The palm-fringed paradise became the subject of lurid rumours.

Security guards keep watch along the island’s shores, and those who worked for Epstein in constructing the buildings, when approached by media, said they signed lengthy nondisclosure agreements.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north...n/news-story/6abd3af4630db0c5bf836258ecf3c62c

Downhill from the structure, at the end of a service path that branches from the main road leading to the building, lies what appears to be a smaller structure or entrance. Here’s what it currently looks like on Apple Maps (notice the lack of a dome):

5d26134e21a86137292b18b8.jpg

Downhill from the main building, at the end of a service path, sits another, smaller structure.

Apple Maps
The smaller structure is significant if only because it could theoretically offer a second method of accessing or leaving the larger building, which in turn would suggest the presence of a hidden structure underneath it.
Why did Jeffrey Epstein build a temple on his private island?

At the risk of sounding uncaring, I'm sorry, not sorry, this criminal saved us the money and hassle of a drawn out trial.

He couldn't face a hard life in prison and chose the easy way out denying his accusers of 'real justice' and answering for his crimes IMO.

At the risk of sounding uncaring, I'm sorry, not sorry, this criminal saved us the money and hassle of a drawn out trial.

He couldn't face a hard life in prison and chose the easy way out denying his accusers of 'real justice' and answering for his crimes IMO.

I normally wouldn’t care either, but the problem here is that he took many secrets to the grave.

His victims wanted their day in court, and now they feel robbed.

Last edited:
Tim Mak
@timkmak
NEW: The House Judiciary Committee is launching a bipartisan investigation into the circumstances of Jeffrey Epstein's death.

Chairman Jerry Nadler and Ranking Member Doug Collins wrote to the Bureau of Prisons asking for answers about Epstein's apparent suicide over the weekend

House Judiciary letter directs 23 questions to Bureau of Prisons.

Demands info on BOP's suicide prevention policies/resources/staffing.

Also requests info specific to Epstein's treatment by the agency, correctional officers involved, and video surveillance in or near cell

The 23 questions that the House Judiciary Committee is asking of the Bureau of Prisons. Demanding answers by August 21

See 23 questions in image below

View attachment 198216

Tim Mak on Twitter

Link to full letter with questions--is much easier to read

08 12 19 Collins Nadler Letter to BOP Director Hurwitz Final

Here's a link to the Judiciary Committee roster

Members

Chicago-based contractor James Both shared his professional thoughts on the building’s door with Business Insider.

“It’s styled like what you might see on a castle, with what appears to be a reinforcing lock bar across the face,” he said.

“What makes it peculiar is that if you wanted to keep people out, the bar would be placed inside the building, (but the) locking bar appears to be placed on the outside … as if it were intended to lock people in.”

The front of the building is flanked by statues painted in gold; one that appears to be Poseidon, Greek god of the sea, and another that looks like a pair of birds. It is surrounded by a line of palm trees and a terrace with a labyrinth motif.

A small structure downhill from the building has led some to believe it serves as a second entrance and suggests the space extends underground.

‘UNDERGROUND LAIR’

“It is absolutely possible to install a dwelling and elevator underneath the structure,” Mr Both said.

“If an elevator was built there, (it) would most likely be a record with the vendor who installed the elevator, as they typically require yearly maintenance and inspection.”

Other curious details about the building have since emerged.

It was constructed sometime between 2009 and 2013 after Epstein’s 2008 guilty plea of soliciting and procuring a minor for prostitution.

The billionaire financier maintained a low profile after he received a lenient plea deal over claims he paid girls for sexual massages.

Many began to believe his need for privacy appeared more sinister.

The palm-fringed paradise became the subject of lurid rumours.

Security guards keep watch along the island’s shores, and those who worked for Epstein in constructing the buildings, when approached by media, said they signed lengthy nondisclosure agreements.
Jeffrey Epstein’s secret high society ‘paedo island’ focus of investigation

BBM

Regarding the exterior locking bar: Very curious that this locking bar was on the exterior of the building. It conjures up sinister scenarios.

I doubt that the lock was guarding lawn mowers and other landscaping equipment from being stolen, especially since this island was guarded by 24-hr security and is only accessible by watercraft.

If you search youtube for Epstein's Pedophile Island drone, and then sort by recent, there are a bunch of current videos that show the maintenance areas and other areas of the island. They are really interesting.

Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide, unfortunately. Period. Full stop. Yes apparently there were lapses in security procedures to monitor him every minute, but this is not a conspiracy. Like I said before, if an inmate wants to kill himself/herself, they can find a way. An inmate doesn't have to hang himself from the ceiling - that can't happen in a Federal prison - there is nothing to attach to. The bars on the bunk bed is all that is needed. Yes he had cloth bedsheets. Quickly wrapped around the neck, tie it to the top of the metal bunk, lean forward, and out you go. There are no "cloth" bedsheets in Seg. Jeffrey Epstein is no different than any of the other hundreds of inmates facing the music and deciding to take the easy way out. Especially someone whose ego allowed him to think that he was a big player, in all the right circles, and came to realized he was nothing and going to spend the rest of his life in prison. The huge downfall is a .

I'm sorry, I meant "paper" bedsheets, not "cloth" bedsheets in Seg - there are only cloth bedsheets. There are no "paper" bedsheets. The only "paper" involve would be a paper gown sometimes given to inmates on formal suicide watch. I suspect he didn't have anything but his underwear on during his time on suicide watch - this is far more routine.

Jonathan Lemire (@JonLemire) on Twitter
NEW YORK (AP) — AP source: One of Jeffrey Epstein's guards the night he hanged himself wasn't a correctional officer

A little more context here, also from the AP:

A second person familiar with operations at the jail said one of the two people guarding Epstein in the hours before he was found with a bedsheet around his neck wasn’t a correctional officer, but a fill-in who had been pressed into service because of staffing shortfalls. That person also wasn’t authorized to disclose information about the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity.

It wasn’t clear what the substitute’s regular job was, but federal prisons facing shortages of fully trained guards have resorted to having other types of support staff fill in for correctional officers, including clerical workers and teachers.

Jonathan Lemire (@JonLemire) on Twitter
NEW YORK (AP) — AP source: One of Jeffrey Epstein's guards the night he hanged himself wasn't a correctional officer
A little more context here, also from the AP:

A second person familiar with operations at the jail said one of the two people guarding Epstein in the hours before he was found with a bedsheet around his neck wasn’t a correctional officer, but a fill-in who had been pressed into service because of staffing shortfalls. That person also wasn’t authorized to disclose information about the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity.

It wasn’t clear what the substitute’s regular job was, but federal prisons facing shortages of fully trained guards have resorted to having other types of support staff fill in for correctional officers, including clerical workers and teachers.

I posted this earlier, but I think it bears repeating.

No way was Epstein murdered to keep him from talking. He was never going to talk. Even if he cooperated with investigators, he was still facing a minimum of 20 years in prison. (Disclaimer: I don't have a link to this; it was something I read that stuck in my mind.) That would be a virtual death sentence for a 66-year-old man, and therefore no incentive at all to cooperate.

Second, as others have posted, Epstein was the only one who had standing to argue against the admission of any evidence seized during the execution of the search warrants at his NYC mansion. So any evidence in the Feds' possession can now be used against any other perpetrators who have no standing to object to it.

Epstein dead makes it easier, not more difficult, to prosecute his co-conspirators/pedo partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391