CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering the following...

Two vehicles: a Truck. an RV.
-----------------------------------
1) first vehicle has a cabin and a truck bed, both areas visible from outside the vehicle. Be careful what you do.

2) second vehicle is fully-enclosed; one may not see inside unless one enters the vehicle or peers through non-obscured windows. Do whatever you want.

Unless LE might obtain video that shows a person (under their own power) entering the Truck or RV immediately before they traveled to the reported desert location and video that shows a person (under their own power) exiting the Truck or RV at that same location and video of a person (under their own power, away from another person who mighty be, say, 'taking pictures') walking back toward the Truck and RV and being abducted at or near a road, then we may have reached a certain point:

(below is a repeat post)
---------
There is a threshold point when a person guilty of having committed a crime begins to feel safe, that the feeling or pressure to confess diminishes, that LE seems to have no workable evidence and... the person begins to either wrongly or rightly believe they might just get away with it.

Has that threshold point come and gone?
--------

Would the most sparse circumstantial (i.e.: conjecture) evidence in, oh, maybe a case similar to one discussed in this forum, be enough to legally charge, try and convict someone?

Good luck.

...here's to hoping there's more than sparse circumstantial evidence... o_O

So it's two years old?

It seems that way.
This was the photo posted by the sheriff's dept 13 July, I found it today going to the first mentioning on their website.

We could have known for a month when that picture was made (if so), no idea why no one has done so. Since it is very relevant info. IMO

Last edited:
Where did you get this info? nvmd already answered
This photo seems to have been taken with an apple product (iphone? ipad?), but we know (I think) that RT was using an actual camera when he was taking photos that day, since he said he was just packing up his photog gear when she started walking away. imo.

It seems that way.
This was the photo posted by the sheriff's dept 16 July, I found it today going to the first mentioning on their website.

We could have known for weeks when that picture was made (if so), no idea why no one has done so. Since it is very relevant info. IMO

Wonder when RT said it was from?
She's so photogenic

In color management, an ICC profile is a set of data that characterizes a color input or output device, or a color space, according to standards promulgated by the International Color Consortium (ICC). Profiles describe the color attributes of a particular device or viewing requirement by defining a mapping between the device source or target color space and a profile connection space (PCS). This PCS is either CIELAB (L**advertiser censored*b*) or CIEXYZ. Mappings may be specified using tables, to which interpolation is applied, or through a series of parameters for transformations.

Every device that captures or displays color can be profiled. Some manufacturers provide profiles for their products, and there are several products that allow an end-user to generate his or her own color profiles, typically through the use of a tristimulus colorimeter or preferably a spectrophotometer.

The ICC defines the format precisely but does not define algorithms or processing details. This means there is room for variation between different applications and systems that work with ICC profiles. Since late 2010, the current version of the specification is 4.3.[1]

ICC has also published a preliminary specification for iccMAX, a next-generation color management architecture with significantly expanded functionality and a choice of colorimetric, spectral or material connection space.[2]

ICC profile - Wikipedia

No, I dont think it is. the date is under the device information not the File or JFIF info, so I think its when the device profile was created, not when the pic was created.

I am not sure either, but this is the first distributed pic, or better the only one so far that has all this data, so it should be possible to find out when it was made and at what time I think/hope, even if it was cropped.

Last edited:
Are you inferring kidnapped elsewhere?
What about a scenario whereby RT and BT are followed by someone they know? If BT is 'kidnapped' by someone she knows, that could explain the lack of evidence at the 'scene'.

Another question - when the 911 call was made, would LE just send out a patrol car or would they immediately mobilise a SAR team? My thinking is, if they just send a patrol car that takes an hour or so to get there and then the patrol car mobilises a SAR team, that is three to four hours after the initial 911 call. Anyone local know the process?

What about a scenario whereby RT and BT are followed by someone they know? If BT is 'kidnapped' by someone she knows, that could explain the lack of evidence at the 'scene'.

Another question - when the 911 call was made, would LE just send out a patrol car or would they immediately mobilise a SAR team? My thinking is, if they just send a patrol car that takes an hour or so to get there and then the patrol car mobilises a SAR team, that is three to four hours after the initial 911 call. Anyone local know the process?

That scenario could imply nefarious activity..
BT's life seemed to rely fully on RT.

With regard to material assets, I see a few more silver linings here.

First, vehicles are much easier to liquidate than is property, in the case that Mr. Thomas does need to access cash without leveraging crowdfunding or family resources.

Second, their community HOA seems to allow boat and RV parking, but only when enclosed inside garages. Again, I'm not incredibly familiar with RVs, but his particular model seems rather large to store at the same time as a boat and an extended cab truck. Given the service upkeep the boat and the RV require, perhaps there is a storage facility that the Thomas' utilized. (This would be particularly true for the plane, if earlier thread information is correct).

If humoring the abduction theory, one might determine if the Thomas's possessions made them targets and their storage outside a gated community opens up more possibilities for outside influence. Keeping ones vehicles immaculately clean, as can be seen in Mr. Thomas' media appearances, requires hard work that is often out-sourced to a third party.

Third, the previous thread mention of a small plane suggests Mr. Thomas has a pilot's license, or at least access to a community of people who do. These skills might have already been--and may continue to be--critically utilized for prolonging the search efforts after the termination of SAR activities.

Last, and perhaps most effective, the locations and communities in which the Thomas's recreational vehicles habituated would be fantastic places to send PIs and place flyers.

bolding by me
What a great idea. Wonder if RT's lawyer has thought of this? ;)

I think that is an interesting scenario.

It seems that way.
This was the photo posted by the sheriff's dept 13 July, I found it today going to the first mentioning on their website.

We could have known for a month when that picture was made (if so), no idea why no one has done so. Since it is very relevant info. IMO

This is great work! I'm thinking Law Enforcement has figured it out, too, which may explain some things we were all wondering about here.

Where did you get this info? nvmd already answered
This photo seems to have been taken with an apple product (iphone? ipad?), but we know (I think) that RT was using an actual camera when he was taking photos that day, since he said he was just packing up his photog gear when she started walking away. imo.

So maybe a cellphone photo of an older picture.

RT's statements transcribed from both videos:

RT Interview #1
KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
July 15, 2019

:51 "They had the, the, uh fire trucks out there, the ambulance, paramedics; they had the, the, they actually brought a dog team out later, they had the helicopter that was comin' in."

911 Call

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member