Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a police conference afterwards? I just think he’ll be charged soon re Libby
Surely it wouldn’t prevent a report on it though? He’s been named so he’s not been deemed vulnerable.
Court cases are a matter of public record. I can’t see how this would affect any further cases, there’s a possibility there just aren’t any reporters there but I feel that’s unlikely.
Only thing I can think of is he’s been released owing to time served and they’ve allowed him Grace to get away? Doesn’t explain why they’ve pulled reports though.

HDM link has gone. National press reports of yesterday still there.

Why pull something that was clearly in the public domain yesterday from local press? plus I can't see any media outlet removing reporters from a sentencing hearing on a case they'd been following for months. Especially given interest in the summations

Could it be that is just because it's been adjourned till 2? Tho they've reported on every little detail of previous appearances. I hope this is something positive

Sorry didn’t mean to duplicate posts, internet dropped out and it didn’t look like I’d posted.

Hi everyone, I am sure reporters are there and just can’t report for legal reasons. Psych reports are part of medical record for example and judges may instruct that they are not reported.

Surely it wouldn’t prevent a report on it though? He’s been named so he’s not been deemed vulnerable.
Court cases are a matter of public record. I can’t see how this would affect any further cases, there’s a possibility there just aren’t any reporters there but I feel that’s unlikely.
Only thing I can think of is he’s been released owing to time served and they’ve allowed him Grace to get away? Doesn’t explain why they’ve pulled reports though.
I think he still has to be present to hear the sentence in court before release. Unless it's specifically a closed court I'd assume normal rules apply. Reporting restrictions are to ensure a fair trail but he's now convicted so the fair trial part has been satisfied.

HDM link has gone. National press reports of yesterday still there.

Why pull something that was clearly in the public domain yesterday from local press? plus I can't see any media outlet removing reporters from a sentencing hearing on a case they'd been following for months. Especially given interest in the summations

Could it be that is just because it's been adjourned till 2? Tho they've reported on every little detail of previous appearances. I hope this is something positive

I can still see the posts in HDM - Every sick crime committed by twisted pervert Pawel Relowicz

Reporting restrictions not just for fair trial, can be to protect minors who are victims and to not compromise any other/further legal action

The recaps are still there on the HDM site itself, but the links (and subsequent comments) have gone from social media - which is unusual.
Could it be as simple as they’ve Mis quoted something and been asked to remove it?

Hi everyone, I am sure reporters are there and just can’t report for legal reasons. Psych reports are part of medical record for example and judges may instruct that they are not reported.
But could the rest be reported? I was under the impression that reporting restrictions were there to ensure a fair trial. After conviction a lot of stuff would enter the public domain. Including sentence and rationale for the sentence?

Reporting restrictions not just for fair trial, can be to protect minors who are victims and to not compromise any other/further legal action
Ah ignore my last post. So it's possible it's not to compromise a further trail. Nothing else seems relevant

The recaps are still there on the HDM site itself, but the links (and subsequent comments) have gone from social media - which is unusual.
Is that from the Hull Live FB page? It may still be on Hull Live Courts Facebook - they can disable comments on the courts page but not main live page

But could the rest be reported? I was under the impression that reporting restrictions were there to ensure a fair trial. After conviction a lot of stuff would enter the public domain. Including sentence and rationale for the sentence?

THIS case and trial have been concluded so obviously this trial cannot be affected. But IF he is going to be charged in connection to Libby any reporting restrictions imposed now could possibly to protect that trial - if it happens. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle