Hot Car Deaths 2019

Am I understanding this right? they placed her in a car outside of their home with the intention of leaving her in there to die?

It does seem that way. Check out the thread on this under the Crimes against Children and the article on another one of her daughter’s arrest from yesterday.

Here is another one although this tragedy happened a bit differently.
6-year-old girl dies after van fire spreads to other vehicles in Minnesota Walmart parking lot

A man overnighting at a Walmart had cooked breakfast in his van on a propane stove and then put the stove away and threw linens on top of it. He drove the van closer to Walmart and went inside and while inside the linens caught fire and then the van exploded. The car next to the van had two girls inside of it and were burned badly. One of the girls died while the other one suffered burns.

Mom arrested as baby in hot car survives: 'How do you forget your baby?' - CNN

"I don't know, I honestly don't know how it happened. I don't ... I'm freaking out, I'm sorry. I just, I don't know how it happened. Like, how do you forget your baby?" Holly says to an officer during an interview, police footage shows.

"I think that these people who do it who you see on TV, I'm like, 'God, how stupid are they to leave their kids in the car?' And then it happened," Holly says.

Cell phones should be given to or placed in the back seat where the child is sitting. Purses should also be placed with the child in the back. Don't know what else but if parents don't have phones or purses, there must be something that can be placed with the child. Put your coat or shirt or something.

Surely the car manufacturers must be able to come up with something to address this serious problem? It is a pity you can’t have the car alarm going off, hazard lights flashing and “warning child detected in vehicle” blasting on repeat over the car alarm and be unable to lock the car if a child is detected inside.

My sisters car has a sensor. I believe it is activated when you open and close the back doors at the beginning of a trip or something similar. I don’t remember specifics, but I was surprised the first time I drove her car and the sensor alert went off (I thought I did something to her car that she’d get mad at me for lol).

View attachment 196185

Hyundai is marking National Heatstroke Prevention Day by announcing plans to make its rear occupant alert system standard on most new vehicles in the United States by 2022.

Designed to prevent the tragic deaths of children accidentally left in vehicles during the summer, Hyundai’s rear occupant alert system comes in two different forms.

The most basic is a door-logic system which detects if a rear door was opened or closed before the vehicle was started. Should this occur, the system will remind the driver to check the rear seats when they exit the vehicle.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/h...y-making-its-rear-door-alert-system-standard/

I hope this kind of system comes to most car manufacturers. Hyundai should be congratulated for coming up with a helpful and potentially lifesaving system.

This is what my sisters Chevy has that I just mentioned in my previous post. If every car manufactured after 2019 must have a backup cam, they should have to have this type of sensor too. Jmo

52 hot car deaths in the U.S, last year, out of how many millions of us who have never forgotten our children/grandchildren? I honestly don't think the problem should be placed onto the car manufacturers.

I suspect that the people this happens to are what are known as "air heads". People who often forget things, lose their wallet, their car keys, their glasses, their jacket, etc. more often than most people do. And their spouse/significant other is likely well aware of this trait in them.

A little more research into the personality characteristics of those involved in these tragic incidents would be worthwhile. I just have never been satisfied with the "it can happen to anyone" statement we always seem to hear.

This thread's title ... I won't ... I can't ... ever....

52 hot car deaths in the U.S, last year, out of how many millions of us who have never forgotten our children/grandchildren? I honestly don't think the problem should be placed onto the car manufacturers.

I suspect that the people this happens to are what are known as "air heads". People who often forget things, lose their wallet, their car keys, their glasses, their jacket, etc. more often than most people do. And their spouse/significant other is likely well aware of this trait in them.

A little more research into the personality characteristics of those involved in these tragic incidents would be worthwhile. I just have never been satisfied with the "it can happen to anyone" statement we always seem to hear.
I agree. How many times at work have you heard an employee use the excuse "I forgot" when a project wasn't completed.

They didn't forget they had a child in the car. They decided to take a shortcut in their daily routine and knew full well they were taken a chance and in the end the child paid for it with their life.

I agree. How many times at work have you heard an employee use the excuse "I forgot" when a project wasn't completed.

They didn't forget they had a child in the car. They decided to take a shortcut in their daily routine and knew full well they were taken a chance and in the end the child paid for it with their life.

With all due respect, for the vast majority of parents, it is not the same as “forgetting a work project”. I’m not talking about people who use the car as a babysitter, clearly that is criminal.

But the vast majority of cases involve a change of routine where the brain goes into autopilot.Read the science . There is no intention, no lack of love or fault. It happens to school principals, doctors, loving parents who are utterly devastated. Punishing these people does nothing for society except to destroy what’s left of a family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back