Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

The family spent 5 days on the mountain extensively searching every trail and cutoff trail we could find on both sides of the mountain. We have only known about the route the clerk gave Aubree for about a week and a half so are now searching that area. But still nothing!

What is your gut feeling about what happened?

After thinking about it, I think so, too. I think they didn't' have cell service at the camp, right? So he had to go to "town" to get it, and he might as well just wait there for her, hoping she would call if she needed help getting "unlost."

No there was no cell service at the camp. They would have had to come back towards town to get cell service. It just seems odd that they stayed in the same place from 3:00 pm-8:30 pm in front of the sheriff's office knowing that the BF got a text from her around 3:00 pm from Dubois. He would have had cell service anywhere in Pinedale. You would think he would have had something else to do in that at least 3+ hours while he was waiting. Not sure.

No there was no cell service at the camp. They would have had to come back towards town to get cell service. It just seems odd that they stayed in the same place from 3:00 pm-8:30 pm in front of the sheriff's office knowing that the BF got a text from her around 3:00 pm from Dubois. He would have had cell service anywhere in Pinedale. You would think he would have had something else to do in that at least 3+ hours while he was waiting. Not sure.

Do you think he could have said, "OK, I know you're freaked out because you're lost....try not to worry....I'm going to be sitting here at the sheriff's office until you get here....call me any time you want/can and I'll help you get here...."

Why would a pot be stirred? Does Aubree's family not get along with the boyfriend's family?
Other than a few family members no one in the family has met any of the BFs family. So we are confused as to why we were told by LE "not to stir the pot". We wanted to approach them to see what they knew or had seen and see if we could work together to find Aubree and the truck. However, a family member did speak to the BF Sunday July 14 in the afternoon and when asking about how Aubree's children were doing was met with a bombardment of swearing and then the BF hung up. Aubree was upset that as a family we chose not to bail her out of jail but the BF family must have latched on to her anger and decided to judge us by her anger. We had no ill will towards the BF or his family but it appears that that was not true from the BF family.

Aubree's breathalyzer would have been first thing in the morning. Most LE have very short windows in the mornings and evenings when they perform the tests, generally 1/2 hour to an hour. Our understanding is that even if she would have blown positive on the breathalyzer it would have only been a night or two in jail-not worth running away from. As for the OnStar, that I can't say. It might be something in the owner's manual plus her BF is a mechanic.

I wonder if OnStar could have been disabled because another fuse blew, and they used the ‘unnecessary’ OnStar fuse to replace it.

As per my opinion the family member was prob"told off" as you say because of texts that said family member sent.. and in my opinion she was prob bailed out because of her kiddos and not anger towards her family.

Other than a few family members no one in the family has met any of the BFs family. So we are confused as to why we were told by LE "not to stir the pot". We wanted to approach them to see what they knew or had seen and see if we could work together to find Aubree and the truck. However, a family member did speak to the BF Sunday July 14 in the afternoon and when asking about how Aubree's children were doing was met with a bombardment of swearing and then the BF hung up. Aubree was upset that as a family we chose not to bail her out of jail but the BF family must have latched on to her anger and decided to judge us by her anger. We had no ill will towards the BF or his family but it appears that that was not true from the BF family.

Do you think he could have said, "OK, I know you're freaked out because you're lost....try not to worry....I'm going to be sitting here at the sheriff's office until you get here....call me any time you want/can and I'll help you get here...."
Perhaps. But if she was that freaked out why didn't he tell her to stay put and offer to drive over and have her follow him back so she didn't get lost again...I know it was a long drive, but if you love someone... Either way she was not going to arrive at the sheriff's office for at least 3 hours and he would have had cell service anywhere he went in town, why would you just sit there in a truck, in front of the sheriff's office, on camera for 5.5 hours and then when she fails to return still not report her as missing, especially when your sitting in front of the sheriffs office. It doesn't make sense.

Maybe the family was also told by LE to avoid aubrees family
If that was the case, BFs family must have said something to LE for them to feel like there was going to be a problem between families. Aubree's family arrived in Pinedale on Monday and was almost immediately told to stay away from BF and family camp. As a family we are confused.

Maybe LE did speak to him and when texts were shown to them they wouldnt place a missing persons report because she did contact someone...

If that was the case, BFs family must have said something to LE for them to feel like there was going to be a problem between families. Aubree's family arrived in Pinedale on Monday and was almost immediately told to stay away from BF and family camp. As a family we are confused.

In my opinion it was prob texts that had been recieved from a family member

I believe you had told us this earlier. When you did the first thing that came to mind was water. Did the OnStar people say if it would become "disabled" if the car/battery was disabled due something such as being under water or did it manually have to be disabled?

also curious if they can tell when exactly it was disabled. i'm not terribly familiar with OnStar (and am not techy at all) but it's a paid subscription right? if so they would have records of when payment ceased, if it did. If no request was made to stop the service then i'd think their records would also show at what point they were not able to make contact with the car anymore. ?? again, not all that familiar with OnStar so please correct me if i'm way off base.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back