Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘We will always love our Nora’: Heartbroken Quoirins thank authorities, supporters in tragic search | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 15 — The family of Nora Quoirin expressed their gratitude today for rescue workers who searched tirelessly for the Irish teen after she went missing on August 4 only to be devastated yesterday when they found her dead.

The family also thanked supporters for their aid and moral support during the ordeal.

“We would like to thank all the people that have been searching for Nora and trying their best to find her.

“We thank the local people here and those far and wide for their prayers and support at this time,” they said in a statement today.

‘We will always love our Nora’: Heartbroken Quoirins thank authorities, supporters in tragic search | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 15 — The family of Nora Quoirin expressed their gratitude today for rescue workers who searched tirelessly for the Irish teen after she went missing on August 4 only to be devastated yesterday when they found her dead.

The family also thanked supporters for their aid and moral support during the ordeal.

“We would like to thank all the people that have been searching for Nora and trying their best to find her.

“We thank the local people here and those far and wide for their prayers and support at this time,” they said in a statement today.

The police didn’t even protect the family from photos or provide protection while they entered the hospital.

God, I hope they can get Nóra and themselves out of this country fast.

My heart breaks for them. What a nightmare.

MHO

upload_2019-8-13_23-4-37.pngSource: EPA/ LBT

However, this morning (Wednesday, 14th August), the family has released an official statement via missing persons charity the Lucie Blackman Trust. It reads:

We would like to thank all the people that have been searching for Nóra and trying their best to find her. We thank the local people here and those far and wide for their prayers and support at this time. Nóra has brought people together, especially from France, Ireland, Britain and Malaysia, united in their love and support for her and her family. She has truly touched the whole world. To all our friends and family at home, we can’t thank you enough for all your love.

Nóra is at the heart of our family. She is the truest, most precious girl and we love her infinitely. The cruelty of her being taken away is unbearable. Our hearts are broken.

We will always love our Nóra.”
Family Releases Official Statement Regarding Nora Quoirin's Death

Last edited:
I’ve been following this story a bit and I’m so sorry to hear that Nora was found dead. I pray for her poor family.

I’m really disappointed to read so many derogatory comments about Malaysian law enforcement and SAR. I’m not entirely sure why posters are acting like they didn’t bust their bums to find Nora and don’t care about the family. I’m really concerned by comments implying that this could be a cover up, or that there is corruption at play, or that they are incapable of figuring out what happened to Nora. Why is this? There is ZERO indication of any of this.

View attachment 198382Source: EPA/ LBT

However, this morning (Wednesday, 14th August), the family has released an official statement via missing persons charity the Lucie Blackman Trust. It reads:

We would like to thank all the people that have been searching for Nóra and trying their best to find her. We thank the local people here and those far and wide for their prayers and support at this time. Nóra has brought people together, especially from France, Ireland, Britain and Malaysia, united in their love and support for her and her family. She has truly touched the whole world. To all our friends and family at home, we can’t thank you enough for all your love.

Nóra is at the heart of our family. She is the truest, most precious girl and we love her infinitely. The cruelty of her being taken away is unbearable. Our hearts are broken.

We will always love our Nóra.”
Family Releases Official Statement Regarding Nora Quoirin's Death

Such gracious people, who clearly adored their darling Nora. My heart breaks for them, I hope they find the strength they need in the days ahead :(

The police didn’t even protect the family from photos or provide protection while they entered the hospital.

God, I hope they can get Nóra and themselves out of this country fast.

My heart breaks for them. What a nightmare.

MHO

You know they CHOSE to vacation in Malaysia, right? Saying you hope they can get out of “this country” fast makes it sound like this is something being done to them, that they are being treated poorly, or that Malaysia is bad. This is no different than how the media and LE acts any other high profile case here in the states or the UK. Is it just because it’s an Asian country that you think they need to leave so quick?

I’ve been following this story a bit and I’m so sorry to hear that Nora was found dead. I pray for her poor family.

I’m really disappointed to read so many derogatory comments about Malaysian law enforcement and SAR. I’m not entirely sure why posters are acting like they didn’t bust their bums to find Nora and don’t care about the family. I’m really concerned by comments implying that this could be a cover up, or that there is corruption at play, or that they are incapable of figuring out what happened to Nora. Why is this? There is ZERO indication of any of this.
Voice of reason here. Well-written.

I have not contributed much to this thread despite my interest as I am shocked by the xenophobic vibes throughout.

Heaven has gained an Angel. But that doesn’t take away the pain of those left behind x

Totally and absolutely agree with your post and reasoning.

Lawyer Sankara N. Nair said he would independently contact Attorney General (AG) Tommy Thomas for an inquest into the death of Irish teen Nora Quoirin if the post-mortem examination provides evidence to support this.

The lawyer representing the teen’s family here said they were awaiting the results of the ongoing medical examination before deciding the next course of action.

Sources told Malay Mail that the outcome of the post-mortem should be available before 3pm today.

A copy of the post-mortem results will go to the AG. It’s for him to decide whether an inquest is needed.

“I will inform AG to consider if there needs to be an inquest,” he said during a press conference at the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital in Seremban where the examination is being conducted. A transcript of the press conference was made available to Malay Mail.

However, the lawyer explained that incidents of sudden death typically result in an inquest.

When asked why he was only engaged now after the discovery of the body, the lawyer clarified that he has been retained from the day after the teen disappeared.

“I just didn’t emerge as an official lawyer as they were searching and there was no need to publicise that a lawyer has been engaged.

“Now that there is a finding of remains, I thought it best to come in the open,” Sankara said.
Quoirins’ lawyer in Malaysia says will press for inquest if post-mortem supports it | Malay Mail

From the above

You say: "I´ve not heard the help was excepted"

I say: The help was accepted.

We know that the various govt agencies are assisting Malaysian authorities. The family have a liaison officer. French and Irish officers were at the scene today and followed Malaysian officers to the site.

SAR have busted a gut finding this girl.

I really find it most depressing that you are determined to undermine anything to do with Malaysia and that you insinuate the parents were ill treated, info hidden, etc.

I respect your comments and feelings.

I might feel differently if the resort had gone for the police. The resort has not even made a statement, that I have seen, since the body was found. If I had not read every review on TA and social media. If I had not researched missing person and the problems with organ harvesting for profit. Yes, google I didn’t post the link it’s so horrible. If the police had publicly considered she was abducted. If the police had an Interpreter and answered questions. There knew the world was watching. Every press conference ended very quickly. But the real kicker is when they issued a written press release about speculation and rumors and how you can be put in jail.

The police did not find her a volunteer hiker group did. Amazing

Yes it is depressing I agree. I am so sad for this family.

These are MOO. And I truthly mean no disrespect you, especially if this is your homeland.

Voice of reason here. Well-written.

I have not contributed much to this thread despite my interest as I am shocked by the xenophobic vibes throughout.

Heaven has gained an Angel. But that doesn’t take away the pain of those left behind x

Xenophobic is the word I was looking for but couldn’t come up with. Thanks. I think people are forgetting that Malaysia has a totally different culture than the US or the UK. Their idea of security is likely much more lax than ours but that doesn’t mean the resort did anything wrong. Plenty of resorts don’t even HAVE a gate to leave unlocked or a fence to have a hole in, but the owners aren’t lambasted when something terrible happens on the property.

For all we know, the owner suggesting that the father go to the police himself was him just stating a fact for the area... service is faster when you go to them yourself. Just because he didn’t drive him doesn’t mean the owner is a bad guy or wanted police response to take longer. Seriously, what the heck. He isn’t required to drive him and it doesn’t mean he was helping to cover something up!

Statistically speaking, the family is most likely to have caused this (and I’m not blaming them or suggesting that), so it’s surprising to me to see so many blaming the resort or the police / SAR for not finding her quick enough. This thread is pretty disgusting in terms of the loaded comments.

More secrets with the police. I don’t think we will know anything for certain til they are safely home.
Jmo
I hope not.

They have a member of the Garda, the Irish police acting as a liaison for the family, the National Crime Agency and Met police are involved, and reportedly the Sexual Crimes Division and forensic team were at the scene.

Sounds like they have it pretty well covered. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member