GUILTY TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #12

Basically, the capital murder charge is off the table. Gee, it was just an "accident" that Maleah died. Take a plea, 10 years, out in 3.

DV will take that in a heartbeat.

The listed offences sound like a chain reaction .. like falling dominoes. If he hadn't hit her, all this would not have happened. Then.

What about the fact that Maleah's "family" didn't get her medical aid? That was no accident, it seemed deliberate. Deathwatch. Poor child.

jmo

Huh? Not a chance in **** would a penalty offer of 10 years ever be proposed and/or considered. :confused:

I'm confident DV will be convicted as charged, and the penalty will be same as murder conviction (5 to 99 years).

(I'm certain of this term having just watched David Temple trial).

MOO

Oh, Lordy. Thanks for posting this. I hope and pray you are right. Wish they would get on with this and get it over with! With justice for Maleah.

The listed offences sound like a chain reaction .. like falling dominoes. If he hadn't hit her, all this would not have happened. Then.

What about the fact that Maleah's "family" didn't get her medical aid? That was no accident, it seemed deliberate. Deathwatch. Poor child.

jmo

The charges filed against DV are for the specified date written in the charges as "about May 1, 2019."

I've not given up hope that Maleah's legal guardian(s) will not see their own charges for neglect and endangerment on an applicable date. I think the DA may be negotiating BB's testimony against DV, and measuring her cooperation before filing charges against her. MOO

Mother of Maleah Davis responds to new charge against Derion Vence

From abc13

Maleah Davis' mother, Brittany Bowens responded to the new charge, saying, "It's not fair to Maleah. At this point I want to know what happened to my daughter. The fact that he went through a great extent to cover himself is unbelievable. It's not enough. These charges aren't enough. But I have faith justice will prevail. Maleah we love you forever."
Pfffffffft. Not fair her short life was horrific brain injuries, cover ups, ignoring that call, or text from DV about her daughter. Ignoring the signs of abuse the whole time. While wearing the Rappers Bling. I find it hard to believe that Maleah's sibling caused the initial head trauma. Especially now that the autopsy is done. Talk about not fair.
MOO.

Last edited:
Huh? Not a chance in **** would a penalty offer of 10 years ever be proposed and/or considered. :confused:

I'm confident DV will be convicted as charged, and the penalty will be same as murder conviction (5 to 99 years).

(I'm certain of this term having just watched David Temple trial).

MOO

Nope, Maleah's Mother just wants this to go away, she isn't pushing for more. And, the sad truth, is that no one really cares about another little dead girl.
'Mother watched as boyfriend raped and beat girl, 3, to death' | Metro News
Mother’s boyfriend charged in 1-year-old child’s death
Vegas PD: 3-year-old girl killed, mother's boyfriend arrested
Woman, boyfriend charged with child abuse, murder of her 5-year-old in Redford motel
'He thought she was chunky': Ex-NFL player accused of killing child forced her to work out

Last edited:
Maleah Davis' mother, Brittany Bowens responded to the new charge, saying, "It's not fair to Maleah. At this point I want to know what happened to my daughter. The fact that he went through a great extent to cover himself is unbelievable. It's not enough. These charges aren't enough. But I have faith justice will prevail. Maleah we love you forever."

What is unbelievable Brittany, is that you believed his story about the Latinos abducting your daughter from him. I don't think there was another idiot on the planet that believed that story the next day, and most called BS immediately.

After your fight and receiving "disturbing" texts from him, it never entered your mind that he might have done something to Maleah in anger or revenge? Loving guardians don't kill children. Guardians with known violence and hostility kill children. Jealous, revengeful guardians kill children to hurt the person they are angry at. So which pattern does Vence fall into Britt? You know the answer, and your denial of reality for the sake of having a man, has cost you dearly. MOO

Mother of Maleah Davis responds to new charge against Derion Vence

I can't even read those, the headlines are bad enough.

Every time I follow a child case, I get sucked in because they are missing and I hope they are found. It almost (with the exception of a couple) ends up with awful details and what really happened is generally someone known to the child and often a parent or caregiver (bf or gf of parent).

I have not picked up a new one since Lizzy, I just can't add another and hear the details.

Maleah certainly is one of those.

I pray for justice for her and all others.

Jmo.

I can't even read those, the headlines are bad enough.

Every time I follow a child case, I get sucked in because they are missing and I hope they are found. It almost (with the exception of a couple) ends up with awful details and what really happened is generally someone known to the child and often a parent or caregiver (bf or gf of parent).

I have not picked up a new one since Lizzy, I just can't add another and hear the details.

Maleah certainly is one of those.

I pray for justice for her and all others.

Jmo.

It didn't even take 2 minutes to find those, and they were just little girls.

No one cares. If they did, there would be more outrage. Before they were dead.

It didn't even take 2 minutes to find those, and they were just little girls.

No one cares. If they did, there would be more outrage. Before they were dead.

That is so sad you found those that quickly. Every day it seems there is a new one--at least one, and those are the ones we actually hear about.

When I do follow, it is because I know we need to not be in denial and someone needs to speak up. The horrid details are unforgettable but true.

Lizzy put me over the top for a bit, like the last one I could follow for awhile. I had Serenity, Amiah, Noah, AJ, Maleah and then Lizzy as current child cases and still do. Not a one with good outcome, most with horrible details, and Amiah and Serenity remain missing. I knew I needed a break after Lizzy, it just all piled up.

That being said, I won't stop advocating and will keep helping quiet cases stay alive and talked about when I see them.

Sad all of the way around for sure.

Jmo.

Interesting that, the only adult in the house that was not mentioned in Maleah's CPS case documents was the one who ultimately killed her. And it was probably him who injured her that badly. And those fools were looking at her father... My God.

Remember BB mother had to tell them to take Maleah to the ER when she "fell" and hit her head and had to have major brain surgery. Just because he says he hit her with his hand doesn't mean it's true. He is a known liar. Just when and how long did he let her lay there and die?

off topic. but today I watched an article in the news about a young mother letting her three year old son walk behind her in a parking lot and he was run over. He was quite a distance trailing behind her. I thought of Maleah and her trailing behind dv.

Remember BB mother had to tell them to take Maleah to the ER when she "fell" and hit her head and had to have major brain surgery. Just because he says he hit her with his hand doesn't mean it's true. He is a known liar. Just when and how long did he let her lay there and die?

off topic. but today I watched an article in the news about a young mother letting her three year old son walk behind her in a parking lot and he was run over. He was quite a distance trailing behind her. I thought of Maleah and her trailing behind dv.
I read that too. And, it was in Houston, at an apartment complex... :( Tragic
MOO

I think we were all hoping for a murder charge... and maybe that is still to come *fingers crossed*

They are still building a case and I’m sure the investigation won’t stop right up until he stands trial.

But it is a step in the right direction toward justice for beautiful little Maleah. I am just relieved that he could face up to life in prison for these new charges - means his other children & step children, as well as others, will be kept safe from him if convicted.

Thanks for pasting in the court document text @PommyMommy, I couldn’t view the link either :)

AUG 28, 2019
Maleah Davis memorialized with bronze sculpture in Houston
The death of four-year-old Maleah Davis broke hearts across Houston, and now the little girl who touched so many people is being memorialized in a special way.

[...]

“Just somewhere where she makes the biggest impact," she says. "Somewhere where whenever people walk through, that they can be reminded to either help the children or just to have a conversation about it.”

[...]

“There needs to be a conversation about that, of what's happening to our children in society. Of what we need to be better protectors for our children," Scarpetta says.

AUG 28, 2019
Maleah Davis memorialized with bronze sculpture in Houston
The death of four-year-old Maleah Davis broke hearts across Houston, and now the little girl who touched so many people is being memorialized in a special way.

[...]

“Just somewhere where she makes the biggest impact," she says. "Somewhere where whenever people walk through, that they can be reminded to either help the children or just to have a conversation about it.”

[...]

“There needs to be a conversation about that, of what's happening to our children in society. Of what we need to be better protectors for our children," Scarpetta says.

FOSTER PARENTS FOUND GUILTY: Couple found guilty of murder in 2015 death of 2-year-old foster child Laila Daniel

It took four years for this child to get "justice", and the appeals have already started.

AUG 30, 2019
Maleah Davis' beautiful Disney themed-headstone shared by her aunt

view

Maleah Davis' aunt DD shared a photo of her niece's Disney-themed headstone where she was laid to rest.

DD posted the photo to her Instagram account Friday saying: "Everything I could have imagined and more for my Princess! Thank you Affordable Markers Atwater for creating something so special! May you forever Dash In Peace my Angel, until we meet again."

[...]

:(

AUG 30, 2019
Maleah Davis' beautiful Disney themed-headstone shared by her aunt

view

Maleah Davis' aunt DD shared a photo of her niece's Disney-themed headstone where she was laid to rest.

DD posted the photo to her Instagram account Friday saying: "Everything I could have imagined and more for my Princess! Thank you Affordable Markers Atwater for creating something so special! May you forever Dash In Peace my Angel, until we meet again."

[...]

:(
Literal tears here for Maleah and many thanks to Affordable Markers headstone maker.

Fly high sweet girl, you mattered!

Literal tears here for Maleah and many thanks to Affordable Markers headstone maker.

Fly high sweet girl, you mattered!

Oh my gosh, some of those comments below the article are harsh, but I agree with some who asked "where was the family?"

Can't say I disagree with many of the posts at the link.
Her own family couldn't come up with the money for a headstone ? It had to be donated ?

Both monsters should be in prison, BB and DV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back