Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police were already searching though. Police can't eliminate the option of a person being lost in the forest just because the parents believe it's unlikely. Police would require evidence to strongly suggest she wasn't in the forest before closing down searches in the forest, not the other way around.

What is normally done in missing person cases of this nature is a multi-faceted approach...searching the locality in which the person went missing, forensics of the specific location where they went missing from, looking for signs of abduction or other foul play, etc. They didn't just examine the possibility of kidnap before starting to search the forest, they were doing both concurrently.

Yes we know all that.....but the mums voice on loud speaker....they didn’t believe enough that Nóra could be in the jungle to do that (or go out and call her themselves) in the beginning

That could have made a difference here in first few hours/days . So sad for Nóra

So there was no footprints around the area she was found so how did she get there was she walking in water most of the time?
I think whatever one of the hikers recorded it when they found her body should be ashamed because why was it on the internet for her family to see?
I think it’s so wrong disgusting to post photos on the news of her body being transported her poor family have to see that what purpose does that serve apart from entertainment and media making money from her?

If she was indeed covered in scratches wouldn't they have to document every single one? Perhaps if she had many that could take some time? Or would they do that later and just right now are looking for literally just cod? I'm not sure just a guess, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well the searcher said "few scratches", and yes they would document them first before looking at the inside.

Police were already searching though. Police can't eliminate the option of a person being lost in the forest just because the parents believe it's unlikely. Police would require evidence to strongly suggest she wasn't in the forest before closing down searches in the forest, not the other way around.

What is normally done in missing person cases of this nature is a multi-faceted approach...searching the locality in which the person went missing, forensics of the specific location where they went missing from, looking for signs of abduction or other foul play, etc. They didn't just examine the possibility of kidnap before starting to search the forest, they were doing both concurrently.

I agree. I just hope the insistence that she could not have got far by herself didn't influence how far they went. If bruises were visible on her body she had not discoloured too much so clearly did not die on 4th Aug..not sure she could have been in the water for that long either.

If her tummy is empty or has leaves in it, that will be significant.

It was on here today am sure it was a hiker who said it.
Found it. 5th paragraph: 'She looked like she was sleeping': Hiker describes harrowing discovery of Nora Quoirin's body

‘The place where she was found is not easy to find. I wonder if she had been following the stream as there were no footprints which means she could have been walking in the water as it was not very deep.’

Of course this was said by a volunteer and we have no knowledge of his tracking ability.

Edit:
Nice one @Jax49

If her body was rotting as it had such a strong odor coming from it why did it look in good condition as the hiker said apart from some bruises and scratches.Surly if her body was rotting then wild animals bird etc would started to you know don’t want to say but you know what I mean.

Where did you read that there were no footprints? I must have missed it.

Mr Yeap echoed these concerns, stating that Nora’s body had not been concealed or covered with foliage and that search teams that had previously passed through the area should have discovered the body.

Mr Yeap added: ‘I could see the body. She was lying with her hands behind her head like you do when you go to sleep.

‘There were some scratches on her arm and some bruises but otherwise there were no injuries.’

He continued: ‘I am not sure, but I think she had been dead a few days.

‘I think maybe she was elsewhere and walked to the stream perhaps to drink some water.

‘The place where she was found is not easy to find. I wonder if she had been following the stream as there were no footprints which means she could have been walking in the water as it was not very deep.’

'She looked like she was sleeping': Hiker describes harrowing discovery of Nora Quoirin's body

If she had been sexually assaulted would they have released that information or would they wait until releasing the full report?
It would be prudent to be certain of that and let the family know first before press. Also the attorney general will have to open further inquest and enquiry into the criminal matter.

I agree. I just hope the insistence that she could not have got far by herself didn't influence how far they went. If bruises were visible on her body she had not discoloured too much so clearly did not die on 4th Aug..not sure she could have been in the water for that long either.

If her tummy is empty or has leaves in it, that will be significant.

I think the initial search radius was up to 7km, and the body was finally found at about 2km.

IMHO the tannoy voice, if she heard it from where she was, probably would have scared her. (sorry)

I don't think we even know for a fact when her mum's voice did start being played in the forest....I understood it as it took that long for media to ask the question of whether her mum's voice was being played for her. It's a technique that's been used in a few missing child cases, mostly where the child has a condition like autism.

But with Nora having problems with conceptual thinking, she might not be able to tell where the sound was coming from or even understand fully why she could hear her mother's voice in the distance in the forest. If she could hear the voice and understand the words clearly, then I imagine it would have brought her comfort....I'm just saying it might not have been a 100% guarantee of Nora being able to call for the searchers or reach the searchers.

I honestly do not believe the parents or relatives back home believing abduction to be a more likely scenario affected the search at all, because that's not how police work is done in a situation like this.

I think the team doing the post mortem seen leaving the hospital tells us something. Possibilities in my mind include:
1. Awaiting biochemistry blood test results to assess her hydration.
2. More sinister, samples extracted of person or persons unknown for DNA testing.
3. Arrest imminent
4. Toxicology blood tests awaited and tissue sample analysis ongoing.
Any tiniest speck of debris on the body could help ascertain exactly where else she had been.
All my own thoughts of course and I could be totally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288