Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was as wary of strangers as her parents said, I wonder if it's possible that she saw the searchers and hid from them.
This is exactly what I think happened. There was a case of a boy with autism here in the US, and of course I cannot remember his name, where he saw the searchers and thought he was in trouble or some such thing and hid from them. I just don't know that there's a foolproof way to prevent that in a search effort. :(

Can someone enlighten me please.

This now well-publicised comment by the searcher of Nora having expressed a wish to see the waterfall, where did that originate? Seeing word on the net that the mother had said that publicly in first days, but it has now been removed...? The statement MUST have come from one of parents otherwise the search team person would not have known.

So sad for NQ & family. May God bless her.

The police said NQ was found in an "inaccessible" place and a helicopter had to winch her out....as she was between rocks & 1.2km deep in a ravine...
?
But the hiking group was able to go within 10 metres to 20 metres from NQ...
Hmm, unclear reporting?
Hmmm...

If it's "deep in ravine" (barring any Translation Errors!), some think she either slipped and fell, or might have been pushed off a slope.

Absolutely none of this makes sense right now.
I just can’t make a logical thought train.
Naked- not naked.
Initially it was posted they couldn’t even tell gender but that was clearly incorrect .
Hikers found her.
A local man found her.
Truck noises?
Rustling?

♀️♀️♀️

I think the only thing I believe with a level of certainty is that she’d unlikely have left on her own, intentionally.
If her parents say she won’t even go into the garden at home, in a safe place, alone.
I find it a little implausible she’s ventured into a jungle that’s unknown and with a heavy sensory overload. Smells/noise/heat etc.
Given the open plan nature, I concede it’s possible she accidentally left but if she ‘fell’ out or whatever I think she’d have frozen and made noises to alert her parents. If no one came I think she’d have retreated to a foetal position and remained there until found.

I also find her walking with someone unlikely given her scared nature.

That leaves me with either accidental death covered up by????? I don’t feel the parents. So who? Owners?
Or she did fall and freeze and was found, by who? Employee would probably be the only realistic scenario. Then overpowered/knocked out and taken. Again, this seems unlikely.

So yeah, I’m flummoxed m.
Love this new word to me: “flummoxed” Mind if I use it sometime? So many things we can everyday learn on WS.

I think the 1.2km is the distance from the resort to the waterfall,not the depth of the ravine.

Ok,thanks! Just that it's not clear from conflicting news... The news is never clear... E.g. we still don't know other basic details.

Still, even if not 1.2km deep, it's a ravine so could be fallen or pushed downslope

I would consider rotting and decomposing synonyms of one another.

I would be surprised, if she was there for any length of time, that there wasn't some sort of animal involvement. If there wasn't, that might indicate she wasn't there that long.
Exactly. By the time we found my brother’s body in the woods after nine days, the coyotes had already strung his body around in pieces.

Volunteer hikers describe moment they found missing Irish teen's body lying by a stream
Link

"We stopped about 10m away from the body," she said. "We all understood we should not go too close to the scene..."

"We also understood (not to) take any pictures of the body, of the scene," she added. "So we all did not have any in our phones"

I think they took only video from start of search to the point they found the corpse & stopped without recording the "naked" body. So they did not take video or photo of body (good for them! )

Last edited:
Yes we know all that.....but the mums voice on loud speaker....they didn’t believe enough that Nóra could be in the jungle to do that (or go out and call her themselves) in the beginning

That could have made a difference here in first few hours/days . So sad for Nóra

I agree with this. I wonder why their first thought was that she was taken from right under their noses? Because she had never left before? They went with the most unlikely scenario right out of the gate. Sadly, perhaps if they had been out screaming her name immediately she wouldn’t have gotten so far away. This is absolutely heartbreaking.

I feel so awful for this family. I’m so thankful that they have so much public support.

Ok,thanks! Just that it's not clear from conflicting news... The news is never clear... E.g. we still don't know other basic details.

Still, even if not 1.2km deep, it's a ravine so could be fallen or pushed downslope
If she had fallen or been pushed it would be highly unlikely she would be found with only a few bruises and scratches lying as if she was asleep.;which is how the hikers who found her described what they saw.

If she had fallen or been pushed it would be highly unlikely she would be found with only a few bruises and scratches lying as if she was asleep.;which is how the hikers who found her described what they saw.

Could be non-alive before push, & merely pushed to get rid of the body into an inaccessible location.

On another different note,
without clothes makes identification harder once body's decomposed...

Last edited:
Mum would have had to stay with the other 2 kids and wait just incase Nora came back. The least they could do was offer him a lift in the circumstances moo.
The other 2 "kids" both seem older than Nora in the videos. So at least 16 and 18.

(*** they were aunt and cousin of Nora)

They could have stayed in the cabin or even helped mom and dad to search for Nora.

But mom and dad were quite busy convincing hotel staff that Nora was abducted. Why bother searching around the property?

Last edited:
The other 2 "kids" both seem older than Nora in the videos. So at least 16 and 18.

They could have stayed in the cabin or even helped mom and dad to search for Nora.

But mom and dad were quite busy convincing hotel staff that Nora was abducted. Why bother searching around the property?
The other 2 kids yes kids are 12 and 8, please check your facts before spreading misinformation about this family. Strong hunches are not facts. JMO

The siblings are 8 and 12

without clothes makes identification harder once decomposed...

because with clothes & so much publicity, she would have been instantly recognised by anyone.

This sounds awful... even if no sign of sex* assault, doesn't mean no crime.

Could be kidnapped for other reasons & clothes removed to let body rot to bones with no cloth.

Sorry for sounding so awful. I'm having bad dreams about this.

Could be non-alive before push, & merely pushed to get rid of the body into an inaccessible location.

& without clothes makes identification harder once decomposed... because with clothes & so much publicity, she would have been instantly recognised by anyone

If she had been pushed, especially from a height, would expect at least one broken bone and more extensive bruising

Without clothes harder on DNA evidence too if another was involved. And where ARE the garments she was wearing at bedtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151