PA - Philadelphia shootout, multiple officers shot, 14 August 2019 *Arrest*

Kimberly Davis CBS3 on Twitter
BREAKING: We just arrived to Temple University Hospital where multiple officers were transported after being shot in North Philadelphia. It is a very active scene here and we’re working to determine the condition of the officers. At least 5 officers injured. @CBSPhilly
EB9eoN-WkAcnncN.jpg
EB9eoOJXUAAId2v.jpg

5:28 PM - 14 Aug 2019

Large police presence at the emergency room entrance. Dozens of officers here. This is where at least two of the four officers shot were rushed to. It’s an intense and chaotic scene in North Philadelphia. @CBSPhilly
EB9iRQNW4AA0e_K.jpg

5:43 PM - 14 Aug 2019

This is a residential area in North Philly, not far from Broad Street (which would be 14th street). I believe there are row homes there. It is probably logistical nightmare for the police, with bullets ricocheting, and you probably have citizens all around there. Hopefully, they get them all evacuated.

No link, recap of current livestreaming/TV broadcast:

PHILADELPHIA ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION:
- At least 6 police officers shot
- A 7th police officer injured in car crash
- 1 gunman in custody
- 1 gunman continues to shoot at police
- Reports of multiple officers trapped inside a building together with the gunman

6 police officers injured in Philadelphia | LIVE COVERAGE
[...]

Police cars were seen speeding toward the scene as armored vehicles and police in tactical gear converged on the street.

Video showed one officer who appeared injured being taken away in a police car. Another video showed two other officers carrying a man and putting them in the back of a police car.

One woman said she heard over 100 gunshots and saw people running for their lives.

"I heard so many gunshots... I'm scared," she said.

Police say at least five of the injured officers have been shot and rushed to Temple University Hospital. Details about the sixth officer's injuries have not been released.

One of the injured officers sustained a graze wound to the head, authorities say.

[...]

6 police officers shot, 1 injured in crash in North Philadelphia
[...]

Three officers were taken to Temple University Hospital. One officer has been shot in the head and is listed in critical condition while another officer was shot in the arm.

Two officers were taken to Einstein Medical Center where they are listed in stable condition.

Other injuries regarding the other officers involved in the incident remain unclear at this time.

[...]

FOX 29's Jeff Cole reports there are at least two officers inside a home with a shooter, who is still firing shots inside the house.

[...]

SKYFOX shows a massive police presence on the scene. SWAT has surrounded a home.

[...]

Sabina Kuriakose
@SabinaKuriakose
FROM @DSchratwieser: Six officers shot. 2 other officers hurt in car accident. All non-life threatening injuries. Narcotics Strike Force serving warrant in house came under fire. DANGER REMAINS: there are officers TRAPPED in building with active shooter (s)

Sabina Kuriakose on Twitter

This is just devastating news.

I pray for all of the officers there especially the two officers who are hemmed up inside.

I hope, and pray there are no more injuries or even worse anyone being killed.

The families of these two officers have to be terrified they may never see their loved ones alive. I can't even imagine how families of police officers face tragedies like this.

Jmho

Police: Gunman shooting at police officers in Philadelphia
a376bd3e-6e63-4541-b746-68b61e713734-AP_19226792765662.jpg

[...]

Philadelphia Police Sgt. Eric Gripp tweeted that a shooter remained active as of 5:57 p.m. He said there was at least one suspect firing at police officers in the city’s Nicetown neighborhood.

Live video from news stations shows a massive police presence in a neighborhood with dozens of police cars and officers, many of them with their guns drawn.

Gunshots are continuing to be heard late Wednesday afternoon.

[...]

Another livestream ABC channel 6
WPVI News Live Streaming Video

Washington Times reports 1 suspect in custody, 1 esconced in a house, still an active shooter situation at 5:30pm at 15th & Butler:
Philadelphia active shooter reported
Started around 4:30pm. 6 officers shot (or injured in some way) trying to serve a warrant. No suspects in custody. Watching local news live, as I live near Philly. Shots still being fired and news people continually being moved farther away from area of shots. WPVI ABC Action News

My colleague @GregArgosCBS3 had to duck and take cover during his live shot not too long ago. He’s at the scene giving us a look into the chaos. @JoeHoldenCBS3 is learning this shoot out started as the narcotics unit was carrying out a search warrant.
6:20 PM - 14 Aug 2019

CBS Philly on Twitter
"There is a gun battle, essentially, in North Philadelphia as we're speaking." @GregArgosCBS3 reports
6:17 PM - 14 Aug 2019

Gray Hall on Twitter
Heartbreak, sadness, shock and disappointment on the faces of officers and family members at Temple University Hospital as several officers are shot.

EB9p-K4XYAIdsyq.jpg

6:17 PM - 14 Aug 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd