PA - Philadelphia shootout, multiple officers shot, 14 August 2019 *Arrest*

Jason Martinez on Twitter
Weird night. At 4:40pm, the call came in as “officer shot in the head”. Over an hour later, 6 officers were shot. Now at 10:38pm, all officers are alive and out of the hospital. There’s only one word to describe this night. Miracle.
10:38 PM - 14 Aug 2019
Definitely. It is a miracle that, with all weaponry and apparent ammo this suspect is in possession of, no one has been killed or even more seriously injured. Guess it's a good thing he allegedly was Facetiming while attempting to shoot at the police.

Last edited:
This guy is probably texting or facetiming his mom, his friends, his fellow criminals, maybe a little social media. Imagine being him. He has got to know that there is no way he's getting out, unless he is doing some serious drugs and can't grasp the facts. It's long-term prison for him unless he decides not to be taken alive. It's good-bye time.
But, he has Krasner on his side

Jason Martinez on Twitter
Historical perspective from @DSchratwieser. The last time this many officers were shot was in August 1970 when 7 officers were shot over a weekend in separate incidents. @FOX29philly #PhiladelphiaShooting #PhiladelphiaShooter
10:15 PM - 14 Aug 201

7 police officers were shot in Florence SC last year. The first two officers were shot and killed as they arrived to issue a search warrant, and the others were shot as they attempted to administer aid.
A secret. A search warrant. A veteran. A trap: How 7 SC officers fell in Florence

Oh right... never mind. It just dawned on me that the reporter was probably referring to officers in PA only.

This is wild.

Hill’s history in the adult criminal justice system began in 2001 when he was 18 and was arrested with a gun that had an altered serial number.

Public records show that he has been arrested about a dozen times since turning 18, and convicted six times on charges that involved illegal possession of guns, drug dealing, and aggravated assault. He has been in and out of prison; the longest sentence handed him came in 2010, when a federal judge gave him a 55-month term.

And, his record would indicate, he does not like to go to prison. In 2008, he was convicted of escaping, fleeing from police, and resisting arrest. Along the way, he beat criminal charges on everything from kidnapping to attempted murder.

Hill also spent time in federal prison. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to federal firearms violations after he was caught with a Smith & Wesson .357 and later a Taurus PT .45 semiautomatic. His prior felony convictions should have barred him from owning those weapons. U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond sentenced him to four years and seven months in prison.

In N. Philly gun standoff, alleged cop shooter Maurice Hill has a long criminal history

This is wild.

Hill’s history in the adult criminal justice system began in 2001 when he was 18 and was arrested with a gun that had an altered serial number.

Public records show that he has been arrested about a dozen times since turning 18, and convicted six times on charges that involved illegal possession of guns, drug dealing, and aggravated assault. He has been in and out of prison; the longest sentence handed him came in 2010, when a federal judge gave him a 55-month term.

And, his record would indicate, he does not like to go to prison. In 2008, he was convicted of escaping, fleeing from police, and resisting arrest. Along the way, he beat criminal charges on everything from kidnapping to attempted murder.

Hill also spent time in federal prison. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to federal firearms violations after he was caught with a Smith & Wesson .357 and later a Taurus PT .45 semiautomatic. His prior felony convictions should have barred him from owning those weapons. U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond sentenced him to four years and seven months in prison.

In N. Philly gun standoff, alleged cop shooter Maurice Hill has a long criminal history
Hopefully his lawyer will help negotiate an ending to this. From the link, BBM

"Shaka Mzee Johnson, the lawyer who most recently represented Hill, confirmed that Hill had a connection to the standoff.

'My client is requesting me to come to the scene,' he said."

He is obviously a revolving door offender, he should cop the beotch and get life. (the three strike rule). What is wrong with our justice system that in his young life he can have such a long violent dangerous record. Of course he wants his lawyer. Know what I am thankful for? I am thankful that he either is a lousy shot or he choked under pressure/stress....the good guys are okay. I sadly hope when it comes to someone like him that he does not make it out. Enough is enough. IMHO

He is obviously a revolving door offender, he should cop the beotch and get life. (the three strike rule). What is wrong with our justice system that in his young life he can have such a long violent dangerous record. Of course he wants his lawyer. Know what I am thankful for? I am thankful that he either is a lousy shot or he choked under pressure/stress....the good guys are okay. I sadly hope when it comes to someone like him that he does not make it out. Enough is enough. IMHO

Yeah, these were violent offenses, and he was clearly very dangerous.

We have mandatory minimums for felons in possession of a firearm, but they don’t get routinely enforced.

They clearly weren’t in this case, or he would have been behind bars at this moment.

Hopefully his lawyer will help negotiate an ending to this. From the link, BBM

"Shaka Mzee Johnson, the lawyer who most recently represented Hill, confirmed that Hill had a connection to the standoff.

'My client is requesting me to come to the scene,' he said."
I'd be scared to death to show up!
Hopefully he can get him to give up.
Moo

This is wild.

There are so many guns in this country, and the laws are so laughable, that it really is becoming comical to hear that someone like this "should have been barred from owning these weapons." We can't even pass background check laws, that almost certainly would do nothing to stop criminals like him from getting their hands on multiple weapons.

I'm no longer shocked by incidents such as this, or the one from 2 days ago here in So Cal where a cop was shot on a freeway. It's just a part of living in the U.S., and likely will be for years and years to come.

There are so many guns in this country, and the laws are so laughable, that it really is becoming comical to hear that someone like this "should have been barred from owning these weapons." We can't even pass background check laws, that almost certainly would do nothing to stop criminals like him from getting their hands on multiple weapons.

I'm no longer shocked by incidents such as this, or the one from 2 days ago here in So Cal where a cop was shot on a freeway. It's just a part of living in the U.S., and likely will be for years and years to come.

We have laws that would have stopped this guy, but they aren’t enforced.

He should have been in prison right now.

No background check law would have stopped him, because there’s no way he bought his weapon at a gun store.

Criminals don’t follow laws, which is why they are criminals.

Active shooter is holding two cops hostage inside a Philadelphia home after shooting SIX officers | Daily Mail Online
[...]

Two officers who were being held hostage by a gunman inside a Philadelphia home have been rescued by SWAT members after the shooter shot six other cops with an AK-47 during a drugs raid.

Philadelphia Police Sgt Eric Gripp tweeted shortly after 9.30pm that the two officers 'have been safely evacuated by PPD SWAT'.

'Suspect is still armed and inside house. Continue to avoid the area.'

[...]

One of the officers, a father-of-two, was shot in the head, but the bullet grazed him and he's expected to survive.

Two other officers were also injured in a car accident while responding to the shooting. All of the officers were either transported to Temple University Hospital or Einstein Medical Center.

[...]

17291920-7357885-Two_officers_who_were_being_held_hostage_by_a_gunman_inside_a_Ph-a-35_1565834843270.jpg
17295096-7357885-The_situation_started_unfolding_around_4_30pm_along_the_3700_blo-a-27_1565834842894.jpg
17295104-7357885-Philadelphia_Police_said_the_officers_did_not_have_life_threaten-a-28_1565834842899.jpg

17289144-7357885-When_officers_tried_to_issue_the_warrant_a_couple_of_cops_ran_up-a-29_1565834842902.jpg
17296086-7357885-Officers_gather_for_crowd_control_near_a_massive_police_presence-a-25_1565834842717.jpg

just wondering about the difference between the cops in blue and others in white

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back