LA - Audrey Lynn Chelette, 5, murdered by mother Jasmine Anderson, Alexandria, 17 July 2019

PastTense

Reaction score
"Jasmine Anderson, after bringing her already dead 5-year-old old daughter to a local hospital in Louisiana claiming she rushed there from a car accident, is now being charged with second-degree murder after the Alexandria Police Department went to the scene of the crime and found no evidence of an alleged crash.

The police determined that the 5-year-old’s injuries “did not seems consistent with what would occur during a crash,” and after further investigation, Anderson was booked and held at Rapides Parish Detention Center. Previous arrest records show that she was booked there before in 2014 and 2015.

Following Anderson’s arrest Police Chief Jerrod King said, “The wrongful death of a child is a horrible thing to see…. I want to specifically commend Sergeant Butler and Corporal Daigre of our Traffic Division, who spent hours painstakingly recreating the suspect’s movements and discovering the location of the crime.”

In the midst of the current investigation, police may soon revisit the previous death cases of Audrey’s father, Christopher Dawayne “Critter” Chelette, who died of an assumed suicide in 2016, and of Anderson’s other child, who died at the age of 4 after allegedly chocking on a bottle cap on April 25."

Jasmine Anderson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Another article:
Mother charged with murder after bringing dead daughter to hospital
190724-audrey-chelette-mn-1023_b860c40435453c0d9cb41e93121227c6.fit-360w.jpg

I tried searching Audrey's name her eyes in the search bar and it didn't come up. I had to do a manual search.

This is an insane case and I think more people should know about it. Two mysterious deaths prior to the murder charges involving the suspicious death of her remaining child.

Her son just died in April.

This could be a serial killer. I wonder if she has insurance policies on her family. Or is she a Munchausen type?

"Christopher Dawayne “Critter” Chelette, died at the age of 20 in 2016. His funeral took place on February, 25, at Bethel Baptist Church in Colfax, Louisiana. Investigators ruled Christopher Sr.’s death a suicide, he was found by Anderson after hanging himself. At the time of his death, he was not in a relationship with Anderson, and engaged to another woman."

"Numerous calls of concern to the Louisiana Department of Children & Family Services. “The system failed my babies,” Foster said. “I do not understand why the system failed these children so bad.”

Jasmine Anderson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
"News Channel 5 obtained another police report that brought into question the Department of Children and Family Service's involvement in the case.

In July 2018, a caller told the Grant Parish Sheriff's Office that a 3-year-old and 4-year-old were "walking on a street by themselves and came on her property." And, when the caller asked where their mom was, the kids told her "she left walking earlier."

The children were Jasmine Anderson's and they were reunited with her. In the report, GPSO told Anderson they were notifying DCFS and "advised of consequences if she continues to neglect her children."

Foster told us that she knew people were contacting DCFS, both from the family and the community. And, while she told us that she herself never did, she said she was still dealing with the trauma of losing her son to suicide.

"With DCFS, I didn't call because I didn't know what was going on," she said. "I knew she was living at my ex-sister-in-law's house. I would go see the kids. You know? I was having trouble dealing with the loss of my son. I wasn't capable. I know that's terrible."

Now, she's questioning the three deaths.

"I didn't think my son would ever do that," Foster said of his suicide. "When the detectives told me there were no signs of foul play, I didn't question. She begged me for forgiveness. I didn't know why."

Grandmother: 'I don't wish the girl any harm, I just want justice for my children'

Let's see. The article says she had flatlined by the time they got to her and although she had a good pulse once they sent her to the hospital, I wonder if she has brain damage.

@gitana1 You suspected this could be the outcome.

" Jasmine Anderson, 24 of Alexandria, the woman arrested by the Alexandria Police Department on July 23 for the alleged murder of her 5-year-old daughter, has been declared "clinically deceased" after an attempt at suicide in the Rapides Parish jail. The update on her condition comes to News Channel 5 from the sheriff's office."

Jasmine Anderson declared 'clinically deceased' after suicide attempt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back