Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined this forum to give my opinion but then didn't as it was anecdotal but I will this time.
1.) The waterfall..I am local to her mothers family and it was on the radio about her love of waterfalls. It was the same time a family member announced the and that they wanted to send family members out. This raised my hackles because she had been missing less than 48 hours. My opinion of this has changed since then.

2.)I work in a medical field with experience in Special needs. People with impaired cognitive ability can be fearless, they don't understand danger so don't feel fear. Couple this with an obsession and they will have a compulsion that can't be rationalized or stopped. I don't think Nora's physical impairments were as bad as her parents led us to believe otherwise they wouldn't have taken her on that holiday. A home with a spiral staircase and a jungle environment would have been no.no's
Though like all children, special needs children often surprise us. We don't know what they are capable off until they actually do it!
3.) My mother died of a ruptured peptic ulcer caused by taking anti-inflammatory medication it is one of the most painful deaths known and that would explain the foetal position. Death is also very quick. Nora just seems very young for that. Unless she had Irritable bowel disease or something else. Her parents did say she had a lot of hospital stays and medical complaints.

I know that. I was replying to someone who said she went out in underwear because she couldn't do buttons. And I am saying she could have thrown on a big shirt. My 4 yr old grand baby can't button shirts but she dresses herself in t-shirts or summer dresses, by herself.

There's a photo of Nora wearing Snoopy PJ's. There are articles saying nightclothes instead of undergarments, there's even one that says nightdress. The undergarments articles could easily have been a mistranslation.

Those Snoopy PJ's are nothing to be bothered about wearing in front of her brother or father. There was clearly no one outside who saw Nora. The type of nightclothes they are is very similar to day wear of t-shirt and shorts. The family might not have unpacked suitcases, so even if N had wanted to dress in something different she might not have been able to open a case and find something else to wear if she'd thought of it.

The other thing is, I don't think she was ever intending to be out there for so long. I'd pop outside to the bin in my pj's at 5 or 6 in the morning in summer when no one's out there even though I wouldn't do that in daytime.

Why was Nora found without clothing? In all those days she might have soiled the clothes, they were probably feeling unpleasant to wear, they might have got soaked if she did step into the water to get a drink for herself....so she probably just took them off, because they were feeling horrible on her.

To suggest the siblings had something to do with leaving with Nora would mean that all this time they have been keeping a terrible secret while watching their parents suffer and their mom call out in desperation to her lost daughter in the jungle, and all the while not saying a word. That certainly does not paint them in a good light.

Even if they had decided to go on an adventure in the middle of the night in the dark jungle, I really doubt they would have not been forthcoming with their parents. They are both old enough to understand the severity if the situation. Imo

It could have been in daylight early in the morning. I am not sure that children of that age would dare disclose considering the outcome. Like any other theory this is an idea and not fact.

Heartbroken to hear that Nora may have been alive for 6 or more days lost in the jungle terrain. We may never know how she came to be out there in the first place. Our thoughts and prayers should now be with her family. RIP Nora.

I wonder why Nora did not shout/call out for her mother/father when lost in the jungle?

She was apparently never longer away from the resort than 1.2miles, and probably for several days, in the first days lost, even much closer to the resort she disappeared from.

And if she did shout/call out for her mother/father why didn't anyone hear her ?
LOTS of people was out looking for her in the area were she was found.

This tragic case is STILL a huge mystery to me.

Can you really die of stress? Can stressresslly cause those problems described?

What people need to remember is this isn’t normal circumstances. A child without disabilities would be alert enough to discover food parcels with names, they would also be alert enough of the situation to call out and/or to follow calls from searchers. I really doubt Nora would have the mental capabilities to understand a dropped food parcel with her name on it although anything is possible when human survival instincts kick in I suppose.
Her parents have already said how limited she is mentally, only able to write a couple of words, no concept of money etc. This is what makes this case so terribly sad, the likelihood is there were probably searchers not too far from her but with it being Nora, she probably didn’t really understand to call out or to follow their calls.

With the report of an ulcer in her stomach, a perforation and the GI bleeding proves that even in the most extreme of circumstances, the natural human instincts of survival didn’t kick in with Nora, she hasn’t attempted to eat anything - this shows just how limited her mental capabilities really are and proves just how vulnerable of a child she really is.

I think this case doesn’t get much deeper than what we have already been told, an absolutely awful way to die but thankfully not at the hands of another person.

I don’t think the parents could have done anything more than they done at this point, they clearly loved her and she deserved to see the world along with her siblings. I can only assume it would be “easier” for the parents to have left her at home with other family members but they didn’t want her to miss out and rightly so.

Just a terrible unfortunate event that was out of everyone’s control.

The French lawyer of the family of Nóra Quoirin has said the family is determined to find out how she died.
“They want to find out the truth, they owe her that,”

Police in Malaysia have said they have found no evidence that Nora was abducted, putting her death down to intestinal bleeding, possibly due to lack of food and stress.

The 15-year-old had been dead for two or three days by the time she was found on Tuesday, investigators said
The family is cautious about results of the post mortem and said it is too early to rule out any criminal aspect to the case.

The family still finds it difficult to understand that she would have gone into the jungle on her own. They are concerned that she did not leave on her own.

No decision has been reached by the family about when they will return to Europe. Nóra’s remains can be returned to Europe now, said Mr Morel, they do not have to wait for the DNA results.

Lawyer: Quoirin family determined to find out how Nora died

Last edited:
Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

A Quoirin family lawyer in France, Charles Morell has said the family are satisfied with the work of the police but believe people should "cautious" by the first interpretation of the postmortem results.

Jackie Fox on Twitter

Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

Speaking RTÉ radio this morning, Charles Morell said that no avenue on what happened to Nóra has been “excluded”, including a criminal investigation. He said that it is too early to determine what happened to Nóra + the family want to get more information from toxicology reports.

Jackie Fox on Twitter

The French lawyer of the family of Nóra Quoirin has said the family is determined to find out how she died.
“They want to find out the truth, they owe her that,”

Police in Malaysia have said they have found no evidence that Nora was abducted, putting her death down to intestinal bleeding, possibly due to lack of food and stress.

The 15-year-old had been dead for two or three days by the time she was found on Tuesday, investigators said
The family is cautious about results of the post mortem and said it is too early to rule out any criminal aspect to the case.

The family still finds it difficult to understand that she would have gone into the jungle on her own. They are concerned that she did not leave on her own.

No decision has been reached by the family about when they will return to Europe. Nóra’s remains can be returned to Europe now, said Mr Morel, they do not have to wait for the DNA results.

Lawyer: Quoirin family determined to find out how Nora died
I understand the family’s concern and disbelief. Obviously it is so tragic! To begin with, I also do not understand how they or the other children didn’t hear anything if an intruder/abductor had entered the house... Or when Nora had walked down the staircase and walk through the window. Let’s get back to basic and step 1 .... after that, we can try to decipher the lack of evidence of any abduction... Plus how she didn’t have any scar/sign of mishandling.

It is easy to be blameful or distrustful when one is in shock. But may be Nora really walked out silently herself...

Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

A Quoirin family lawyer in France, Charles Morell has said the family are satisfied with the work of the police but believe people should "cautious" by the first interpretation of the postmortem results.

Jackie Fox on Twitter

Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

Speaking RTÉ radio this morning, Charles Morell said that no avenue on what happened to Nóra has been “excluded”, including a criminal investigation. He said that it is too early to determine what happened to Nóra + the family want to get more information from toxicology reports.

Jackie Fox on Twitter

The poor parents, understandably shocked and distraught and seeking answers that aren’t there. This is going to be very hard for them to deal with and accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member