Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not understand how law enforcement released sketches that, at least in my opinion, did not look like the man Liberty German videotaped with her phone?

I think what happened was they thought the killer is probably local and that in such a small city, even with numerous wrong tips, they would get the right tip that would lead them to the man in Liberty German's video. So without an enhanced version of the bridge guy, they took chances that witnesses may have spoken to the bridge guy as he left the Monon High Bridge area. They created sketches from those witnesses. Did any of the witnesses remember if the man had wet pants or shoes?

And the tips have not worked out, at least so far. It would be disappointing to not see this case get solved. The victims, Abigail Williams and Liberty German, stayed together and provided the evidence needed to find their killer. Liberty German got a video and a recording of his voice.

It seemed like such an easy case at the beginning. All the detectives had to do was find the man in the phone video.
bbm
Maybe, BG is smart enough to know, that nowadays all teenagers (walking around and have fun) are equipped with a phone and he probably would have the situation, that his victim/s might have the idea of taking a pic or video/audio of him. Maybe, in daily life he also always handles his own phone and is recording people. So he dressed from head to toe with clothing, which wouldn't allow to recognize him - ready for take-off. No danger by a teenager with a phone.
He was right, it seems. :(

ETA: Maybe, BG had several dry runs before ... different situation, different clothing, different areas.

Just popping by on my Fortnightly visit. Obviously nothing new to report. I see we're currently on the BG attire/ Pixelated Scarf/Dog again.

Can someone alert me when the thread bus comes back around to the 'Crossing the Creek' stop please. ( around 10Days time) TIA

Just popping by on my Fortnightly visit. Obviously nothing new to report. I see we're currently on the BG attire/ Pixelated Scarf/Dog again.

Can someone alert me when the thread bus comes back around to the 'Crossing the Creek' stop please. ( around 10Days time) TIA

Sure thing! It will start right around the time that we finish up with "Why Were Kids Left There Alone In The First Place" so I'll give you a head's up as soon as that stops.

We need more news...I have run out of things to say.

Hindsight is always 20-20. How many of us thought that having a still shot from a video and the guys voice, that they would have the killer under arrest in a month?

I mean, when there is blurry images elsewhere in like a subway attack, someone identifies the guy (amongst total strangers) within hours.

This one really baffles me. They must have their guy but he has an air tight (for the moment) alibi.

Sure thing! It will start right around the time that we finish up with "Why Were Kids Left There Alone In The First Place" so I'll give you a head's up as soon as that stops.

We need more news...I have run out of things to say.
LOL!!

I'm scanning the news every morning to see if there are ANY new developments in this case....nothing. There is just nothing I can say that I feel can contribute to this thread. I'm watching the thread all day long but I'm going to have to sadly say this case is cold!!!

Please let me be wrong.

Hindsight is always 20-20. How many of us thought that having a still shot from a video and the guys voice, that they would have the killer under arrest in a month?

I mean, when there is blurry images elsewhere in like a subway attack, someone identifies the guy (amongst total strangers) within hours.

This one really baffles me. They must have their guy but he has an air tight (for the moment) alibi.
I lean towards agreeing with you last sentence. I also lean towards believing that there will be no additional progress unless:
1)They lean on their suspect in some kind of public fashion...which may have been the point of 4/22, after all...and
2)Unless they give out more information that will allow whoever can break the alibi to do so......or to simply make a connection.

Otherwise, I am gonna start believing that this case is being buried...for whatever reason. It is already pretty clear to me the LE's hands have been tied, given that no prosecutor stood with LE on 4/22.

I lean towards agreeing with you last sentence. I also lean towards believing that there will be no additional progress unless:
1)They lean on their suspect in some kind of public fashion...which may have been the point of 4/22, after all...and
2)Unless they give out more information that will allow whoever can break the alibi to do so......or to simply make a connection.

Otherwise, I am gonna start believing that this case is being buried...for whatever reason. It is already pretty clear to me the LE's hands have been tied, given that no prosecutor stood with LE on 4/22.
The only other case I've followed is the Mollie Tibbetts case, so I'm not all that familiar with press conferences and such. I'm curious why it's significant that there were no prosecutors at the April PC. And didn't some retired DA come back right around that time, as well?

Actually it is a scarf. A link describing him in a scarf has been discovered so end of speculation, what that white thing is. When you pop back we will likely have the answer re the creek as well. Or have the perp arrested.
:)

Sorry if this has been covered before... but I was relistening to KG on the Infamous Indy podcast, and she clearly states that her dad was calling both Libby and Abby's phone. Do we know if Abby had her phone? Libbys dad seemed to think she did.

"Dad had been there looking...he tried calling their phones over and over again."

11:54
2: The Delphi Murders from Infamous Indy
Now I don't understand this. I thought we were told she didn't have a phone but had an iPad.

I agree with all but the last. LE doesn't have a clue. However, in all of those tips they may have a tip on him and maybe even talked to him.

I sure thought with picture and audio and it being such a small town it would be solved quickly, and I think LE did too. My thought all along has been that perhaps LE didn’t work it quite so hard in the beginning thinking someone would rat BG out; perhaps dismissed a few tips as irrelevant they shouldn’t have. As week after week went by and nothing came of it, they realized it wasn’t going to happen and they went back to good ol’ police work, but by then things weren’t so easy with all the time gone by. Opportunities lost. I’m not saying they did no investigating early, but that they put too much faith in that picture and audio. Now that’s about all they have, and they still beg for that “last piece of the puzzle”.
I thought early on the killer had to be an outsider to Delphi, otherwise someone there would recognize him easy. Now LE says he’s from Delphi past or present. Then how the heck has no one recognized him?! No one says a word there about anything! Delphi’s communal silence baffles me. They seem to have no opinion about anything. I know we don’t discuss rumor and gossip here but it wouldn’t matter because apparently there is none. I live in a reasonably small town and if something like this happened here, half the town would be on the tip lines reporting this guy, while the other half was on hold waiting to report him.
This case gets curiouser and curiouser. Down the rabbit hole we go.

Actually it is a scarf. A link describing him in a scarf has been discovered so end of speculation, what that white thing is. When you pop back we will likely have the answer re the creek as well. Or have the perp arrested.
The scarf link is from an incredibly early description iirc? It was subsequently dropped from any later release or communication?

If LE are confident that the BG video showing him wearing a scarf, or any witness description of a possible BG sighting, are accurate then why has the scarf not been included in the last , what...2yrs+?

Or, like the Driver/Owner/Witness to the car in the April presser, has the owner of the scarf come forward so as to nullify any need to request info on it?

Eta...muddled scarf owner silliness

Last edited:
The scarf link is from an incredibly early desciption iirc? It was subsequently dropped from any later release or communication?

If LE are confident that the BG video showing him wearing a scarf, or any witness description of a possible BG sighting, are accurate then why has the scarf not been included in the last , what...2yrs+?

I dunno. It hasn't been withdrawn that I know of. Why would they go back to a sketch done in the days after the murder? So the scarf may be valid too.

I dunno. It hasn't been withdrawn that I know of. Why would they go back to a sketch done in the days after the murder? So the scarf may be valid too.
No formal retraction sure, but are they looking to identify someone wearing a scarf on the trails and bridge that day? If so, why has it been missing from 2yrs of descriptions and releases and interviews?

If not looking for a scarf-wearing perp then why not retract formally?

Is omission an acknowledgement of uncertainty?

The scarf link is from an incredibly early description iirc? It was subsequently dropped from any later release or communication?

Or, like the Driver/Owner/Witness to the car in the April presser, has the owner of the scarf come forward so as to nullify any need to request info on it?

Eta...muddled scarf owner silliness
December 23, 2017

The scarf is also mentioned in this GH video "Derrick's Path' at the 18:03 mark.
This video has some decent information regarding witness sightings and times and lay of the land info.

JMO

Sorry if this has been covered before... but I was relistening to KG on the Infamous Indy podcast, and she clearly states that her dad was calling both Libby and Abby's phone. Do we know if Abby had her phone? Libbys dad seemed to think she did.

"Dad had been there looking...he tried calling their phones over and over again."

11:54
2: The Delphi Murders from Infamous Indy

Thanks Sc*mbag, I will have a listen.

December 23, 2017

The scarf is also mentioned in this GH video "Derrick's Path' at the 18:03 mark.
This video has some decent information regarding witness sightings and times and lay of the land info.

JMO
Thanks BradSl,

Only been unmentioned in 19mnth then, not 2yrs+.

The GH stuff Ive seen more than my feet in the last year. Is he using the same source and simply perpetuating something that LE have found unnecessary to include more recently? ( 19mnths iirc) :)

Eta... my head muddled...LE have issued more recent descriptions than Dec '17 that supercedes the one that includes the scarf, right?

I sure thought with picture and audio and it being such a small town it would be solved quickly, and I think LE did too. My thought all along has been that perhaps LE didn’t work it quite so hard in the beginning thinking someone would rat BG out; perhaps dismissed a few tips as irrelevant they shouldn’t have. As week after week went by and nothing came of it, they realized it wasn’t going to happen and they went back to good ol’ police work, but by then things weren’t so easy with all the time gone by. Opportunities lost. I’m not saying they did no investigating early, but that they put too much faith in that picture and audio. Now that’s about all they have, and they still beg for that “last piece of the puzzle”.
I thought early on the killer had to be an outsider to Delphi, otherwise someone there would recognize him easy. Now LE says he’s from Delphi past or present. Then how the heck has no one recognized him?! No one says a word there about anything! Delphi’s communal silence baffles me. They seem to have no opinion about anything. I know we don’t discuss rumor and gossip here but it wouldn’t matter because apparently there is none. I live in a reasonably small town and if something like this happened here, half the town would be on the tip lines reporting this guy, while the other half was on hold waiting to report him.
This case gets curiouser and curiouser. Down the rabbit hole we go.

In my experience, Delphites ARE talking. They just closed ranks. In the early months, just saying you were from Delphi, or live there, would net you with dozens of new friend requests, each person messaging that they wanted to talk "privately" about the case. The media came out and interviewed my cousin's teen daughter and she was suddenly flooded with new "friend" requests. People would innocently share their their thoughts, only to find that their messages were screenshot and shared in the sleuthing groups. Then there were the people driving to Delphi for crime tourism, sometimes literally walking around people's yards with their cameras, trying to make YouTube videos. My aunt about had a heart attack when she found a guy out back, trying to livestream. When my uncle (75, 300lbs & bald) ran the dude off, he hollered that he was going to call in a tip about my uncle. People are nuts. And God help you if you had a picture on your page of someone in a blue jacket...

People have ideas, they have theories, they're just not being publicly vocal. And I don't blame them.

Source: firsthand experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member