TN TN - Taquila Hayes, 41, Memphis, (husband reported last seen), 8 June 2019 *husband guilty*

TruckersWife

Reaction score
Detectives said Taquila Hayes has no known mental health issues and is a nurse at Methodist Hospital. She has not been seen at work since the end of May.
Hayes' family says she talked to them at the end of May when she said she would be attending her nephew's graduation in Mississippi, but she never showed up.
“I just took it as, well, maybe she was working, because that’s the only time she will miss an event is if she can’t get anyone to cover her shift," Hayes' mother, Roberta Nutall, explained.
However, Nutall says she hasn't heard from her daughter since then, and now she fears the worst. Her daughter missed her 11-year-old son's birthday and first day of school.
"To be honest with you, with all that has transpired, I don't believe my daughter is living. That's a hard thing to say. It's killing me on the inside, but I just don't believe my daughter is with us anymore," Nutall said through tears Tuesday afternoon.
While the family says they never heard from Hayes, they were still able to communicate with her husband. Hayes' sister, Samantha Henderson, says he claimed Hayes had been around.
Henderson started doing some investigating. That's when she says her sister's husband told her the last time he saw her was June 1 when she left their house off Starcross in Cordova without her car.
"I just want everybody to know that we would have done something sooner if he wouldn't have lied. He was still placing my sister in that house. For whatever reason, I don't know," Henderson said.
The family filed a report with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office on Friday. They made their own signs with Hayes' picture and have put them up around the neighborhood.
They say Hayes is a hard worker and a private person.
"She’s fun, she’s very easy going, she’s bubbly, she’s real respectful. I just want people to know her for who she is," Nutall said.
Captain Anthony Buckner, with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office, says deputies are canvassing the neighborhood and looking for surveillance video.
“This is a very complex and complicated investigation," he explained.
WREG knocked on the Hayes' door hoping to speak with Taquila's husband. A person opened the blinds at the front door but when we identified who we were they refused to acknowledge us or open the door.

Deputies searching for missing Cordova mother; family fears the worst

Thank you for posting! Taquila was featured today on HLN’s “the missing” segment. How sad for her family. It seems after being lied to by her husband, they are probably correct in assuming the worst. I hate so much time has passed too because whoever is responsible for her missing should be held accountable.

Domestic violence report was filed by missing woman against her husband before her disappearance... Video at this link

Police reports from 2012 show missing woman, Taquila Hayes, filed a domestic violence report against her husband.

In the report, Hayes said she and her husband were separated at the time, so he asked if they could meet to discuss something about their son. She claims he did not want to go through with a divorce that she was seeking, so he slapped and choked her until she was able to get away.

Her family is worried that something violent could have happened right before she disappeared.

According to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office, the last day Hayes reported to her job at Methodist Hospital was May 21. Her family claims the last time her husband saw her was June 8.

Samantha Henderson is Hayes’ sister and claims Hayes’ husband lied to her about her sister’s whereabouts.

“I said you lied,” Henderson said. “You know I kept asking about her. You lied. And I said when is the last time you seen my sister? He stated the first week in June.”

Hayes’ family said they became worried when they found out she wasn’t present at her son’s birthday in early August, which is something they say she would never miss.

Roberta Nutall is Hayes’ mother and filed the missing person report Friday after she learned no one had seen her daughter in more than two months.

“I just don’t have any hope after everything I’ve heard and gotten,” Nutall said. “I don’t think my daughter is alive.”

Henderson said she is fearing the worst and is growing suspicious of Hayes’ husband after he did not disclose details of her disappearance sooner.

“I said well how did she leave?” Henderson said. “You mean to tell me she just got her bags and walked out the door and walked down the street?”

Hayes’ family is asking volunteers to join their search party Saturday to hopefully find her.

blob:WMC

th-1_1565708543970_16127668_ver1.0_160_90.png

Family desperate for answers 2 months after Cordova mother, nurse disappeared without trace

It's always very disheartening to read about cases where the missing person isnt discovered to be/reported missing for a long length of time.

We can make a good guess why the
soon-to-be ex-husband didn't report her missing...

She apparently has children (who don't live with her?) as the mother commented that when she didn't show up for her son's birthday, she knew something was wrong; what about the timeframe before the party? No one wondered about her then? Was she not consistently involved with her children? Did she normally pop in and out of their lives sporadically so no one worried about her absence initially?

Phone calls & texts? Did she not stay in contact with anyone regularly?

Social media? Is she on FB, Twitter, Instagram? Did a lack of posting go unnoticed?

She had a job at a hospital. Hasn't been there since May 21!

2.5 months later is when people discover she's missing and grow concerned?

This is honestly so sad....the only thing worse than being missing is when no one notices or thinks much of it; to include your employer. :(

Facebook: Taquila Hayes
when her husband was asked if he killed her he replied, ‘If I didn’t kill her, then who did?

Cordova woman reported missing two months after the last time she was seen

Redirect Notice
From the article:

Her husband told his wife’s family that she left in a white car, but did not specify a make or model. Hayes left without her phone. Hayes’ niece TH said she received a text from her aunt in July when she was reported missing. TH said it didn’t at all sound like her aunt.

“She said ‘sweetheart’ with a lot of emojis. That’s not her at all.” TH said.

AUG 13, 2019
Family speaks on missing Cordova woman’s disappearance
[...]

Henderson says he told her Taquila had left in her car. But then she says he changed his story.

“So it went from she left in it to it’s here,” said Henderson.

[...]

Henderson says as far as the family knew there were no problems in the marriage. But since so much time has passed and stories keep changing they are getting very concerned.

[...]

Deputies searching for missing Cordova mother; family fears the worst
[...]

Detectives said Taquila Hayes has no known mental health issues and is a nurse at Methodist Hospital.

[...]

Captain Anthony Buckner, with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office, says deputies are canvassing the neighborhood and looking for surveillance video.

“This is a very complex and complicated investigation," he explained.

[...]

AUG 14, 2019
Family keeps faith in search for missing Cordova mother
[...]

Hayes' family has invited the public to join them in their search for her. They plan to meet at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Walgreens at 1943 BerryHill Road.

ShelbyTNSheriff on Twitter
Help us locate Taquila Hayes by retweeting this tweet.
EB4K5QhWwAEwc50.jpg

4:43 PM - 13 Aug 2019

ShelbyTNSheriff on Twitter
Missing Person: SCSO needs your help in locating Taquila Hayes,41,who has been missing for more than two months. Call detectives at 901-222-5600 if you know the whereabouts of this missing Cordova mother.
EB23n4QXYAEI01k.jpg

10:39 AM - 13 Aug 2019

ShelbyTNSheriff on Twitter (Video)
Missing Person: SCSO needs your help in locating Taquila Hayes,41,who has been missing for more than two months. Call detectives at 222-5600 if you know the whereabouts of this missing Cordova mother.
10:39 AM - 13 Aug 2019

Wow second case I've seen where the MP isn't reported for months and text messages are sent which turn out not to be them. Same set of circumstances in the Monica Moynan case out of Holly Springs NC.

What was Methodist Hospital told about not showing up for work? Did they speak with her husband? Weird how this can happen and no one sounds an alarm. Does no one speak on the phone anymore? I'm all for texting and I communicate a lot that way, but sometimes it's just easier to actually speak.

Does her son live with his grandparents?

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) – Police reports from 2012 show missing woman, Taquila Hayes, filed a domestic violence report against her husband.

In the report, Hayes said she and her husband were separated at the time, so he asked if they could meet to discuss something about their son. She claims he did not want to go through with a divorce that she was seeking, so he slapped and choked her until she was able to get away.

Her family is worried that something violent could have happened right before she disappeared.

According to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office, the last day Hayes reported to her job at Methodist Hospital was May 21. Her family claims the last time her husband saw her was June 8.
Domestic violence report was filed by missing woman against her husband before her disappearance

AUG 15, 2019
Family of missing Cordova mother calls off volunteer search party amid investigation
The Shelby County Sheriff's Office said they want to flesh everything out first before volunteers get involved.

AUG 15, Updated AUG 16, 2019
SCSO: No tips received in search of missing Cordova mother
  • Taquila's friends and family have been asked to hold off on the weekend search.
  • The SCSO say it's early in the investigation and they are having to trace details months back.
  • Investigators say they've received little to no tips.
  • They ask anyone with information to come forward.

A planned family search for a missing Cordova woman has been suspended at the request of the Shelby County Sheriff's Office after the family planned to canvass the neighborhood where Taquila Hayes was last seen. However the Sheriff's Office continues to pour through clues as they conduct their investigation.

Friday is the seventh day the sheriff's office has been involved in the case, but the mother has been missing for more than two months.

Signs are still posted in the Cordova neighborhood pleading for information about a missing mother and nurse. The Shelby County Sheriff's Office said they've had little to no tips about this bizarre case.
Deputies continue to search for missing Cordova mother

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back