Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true!!! I was one of those that questioned the integrity of the investigation. I was real hot they were not focusing on the potential criminal side.

I am truly, sorry. They did know what they were doing !!!

The folks of this community gave everything they had to find her. They worked in horrific , hot humid conditions, walked miles, risk their lives to find her.

We had locals in here last night that me a better understanding. Hopefully, I think I made a few new WS buddies. I have great respect for these folks, and am truly sorry.

Yes, sometimes when the media throws us a bone and that all we have, verified or not we being to chew that bone. Just saying....

JOO

I think it’s really impressive that you owned this, my hat is off to you, because most people don’t. I think this case was maddening and easy to get angry over, partly because of the language barriers and seemingly contradictory info depending on who translated it. Lots was lost!

Considering the child’s disability’s was Malaysia the right place to take her on holiday?

It seems like she suffered unimaginably in the last week and would of been scared witless and unable to seek help as she mentally didn’t have the capabilities to do so.

The fact the parents seemingly want her to have been murdered over her simply getting lost and then being too scared and out of her depth to seek helps point to their guilt in taking her to such a place in the first place.

A fully functioning child would struggle in such conditions let alone somebody like poor Nora. My heart goes out to her as she was totally defenseless in such a situation and should never of been put in such a situation in the first place.

But in their defence I honestly think they booked that holiday thinking N would love it and didn't think she would be unsafe at all.

Yeah, I remember you finding that article and mentioning that that newspaper was the only one with the claims. I agree... I think the family would be shouting this from the rooftops.... so I tend to think it wasn’t true. Those first hours were crucial. I hope her parents were out searching and calling for her in the jungle just near the resort that morning.

Maybe the Dutch person is just a case of someone wanting to have their 15 minutes.

Its on the first thread netween post 1500 to 1800, I think. I have the link on the first page of this thread, but didn't get the translation.

Considering the child’s disability’s was Malaysia the right place to take her on holiday?

It seems like she suffered unimaginably in the last week and would of been scared witless and unable to seek help as she mentally didn’t have the capabilities to do so.

The fact the parents seemingly want her to have been murdered over her simply getting lost and then being too scared and out of her depth to seek helps point to their guilt in taking her to such a place in the first place.

A fully functioning child would struggle in such conditions let alone somebody like poor Nora. My heart goes out to her as she was totally defenseless in such a situation and should never of been put in such a situation in the first place.

While I don’t blame them for taking her there with her disabilities, I just wonder why they picked it to begin with. It seems extremely boring with little to nothing to do that would occupy them beyond the first few days and they were staying for two weeks. It was described as a dream vacation by a family member (mom’s Aunt maybe?), but I wonder for whom. If it was the parents maybe they should have taken a kid-free retreat and let family stay with the kids? I don’t know. My daughter is 11 and loves all things animal, wildlife, and bird watching (we have two parrots she is obsessed with!), but after maybe 3 days, she would be done.

I also think that Nora could have possibly developed sepsis. The sepsis would have been caused by the lining of the stomach splitting open leading to the bacteria that live in the stomach to escape and infect the lining of the abdomen (this is called peritonitis). The most common symptom of peritonitis is sudden abdominal pain that gets steadily worse. In peritonitis, the infection can rapidly spread into the blood (this is called sepsis) before spreading to other organs. This carries the risk of multiple organ failure and can be fatal if left untreated.

Sepsis is often accompanied by delirium (acute brain dysfunction) which leads to an acute change in mental status, ranging from inattention, disorientation, agitation, somnolence, stupor and coma. So I work in an Acute Care Hospital as a Psych NP, but we often get called in when a delirium isn’t clearing or worsening. If it happened the way it is portrayed (Nora got lost in jungle and passed away from an intestinal perforation or stomach perforation), I think she may have been delirious and her reality may have been much different. People often don’t know where they are, who they are, and their consciousness is altered. I have difficult time thinking about what Nora may have went through. I hang on to the thought that she may have fallen asleep and then sank into a coma and maybe didn’t suffer as much as we think. But that is just MOO…

Other potential causes of delirium include electrolyte abnormalities, sleep deprivation, dehydration, poor nutrition….

Yes, and a bacterial infection can cause sepsis and lead to death if left untreated.
This is why I think it's more likely it was caused by drinking the water. She had to have been thirsty from the first day, which would make sense since it would take a few days to develop. It would just get worse and more painful until she died.

Either way, it would have been a slow and painful death, most likely.

Poor Nora. I hope she was unconscious awhile or drifted off into a deep sleep so she didn't feel the pain at the end. Imo

Oh gawd this breaks my heart

While I don’t blame them for taking her there with her disabilities, I just wonder why they picked it to begin with. It seems extremely boring with little to nothing to do that would occupy them beyond the first few days and they were staying for two weeks. It was described as a dream vacation by a family member (mom’s Aunt maybe?), but I wonder for whom. If it was the parents maybe they should have taken a kid-free retreat and let family stay with the kids? I don’t know. My daughter is 11 and loves all things animal, wildlife, and bird watching (we have two parrots she is obsessed with!), but after maybe 3 days, she would be done.

Completely agree. Beyond this waterfall there seems to be nothing to do. Many reviews are couples that stay for 2-3 nights only.

Not sure they will stay in business after this though, who would want to visit the waterfall now?

But in their defence I honestly think they booked that holiday thinking N would love it and didn't think she would be unsafe at all.

I guess I just can’t wrap my mind around vacationing somewhere that I can’t lock the door to my space, with the whole front of the house open like that. I’m a total worrywart!

Exactly, she is a minor. In the US they do not disclose medical information on children, they are protected by confidentiality laws. Adults,too.
Next of kin, must give permission.

Not sure Malaysian laws, I would think they have sought and been granted permission to release certain information.

Will we be privy to all the detail. No, and we should respectful.

Jmho
We should also consider the high possibility that her parents may not feel it is ok to disclose every detail. Just because we were presented with those facts, it doesn’t mean there aren’t more (unnecessary for the public) . Respect the parents and other people who are close to her too. They don’t need the world to know the details unless imperatively relevant.

I think it’s really impressive that you owned this, my hat is off to you, because most people don’t. I think this case was maddening and easy to get angry over, partly because of the language barriers and seemingly contradictory info depending on who translated it. Lots was lost!

Oh yes, I own it and the guilt that is attached. I hope and seek forgiveness.

I lost sight of objective, due to lack of translation, and personal experience.

I am grateful, several locals were on here late last night. They were kind to me, explained things, provided information and translated. That takes ALOT, concerning where the thread was headed.

I admire, they looked pass all the comments, rose above the situation. I hope I would do the same. I have an unsolved murder of an entire family, 18 years ago, in my community. It made me remember the community impact. The national news rolling in, the accusations, accusing LE, and more.

Did you notice the entire thread changed? When the locals joined in?

Thanks to all...

JMHO

"Genies (or jinn, as they are better known in the Arabic world) are supernatural beings with roots in ancient Mesopotamian legends. Jinn, however, are not the lamp-dwelling, wish-granting benevolent servants that Westerners know from popular culture........"
"Some jinn live in remote, wild places, and are said to lure children and unwary travelers to their doom — a trait shared with fairies of the British Isles, the Hispanic ghost-witch La Llorona and others....."

Live Science article, link:
What Are Genies?

This is interesting reading.

Thanks for posting these links.

Its on the first thread netween post 1500 to 1800, I think. I have the link on the first page of this thread, but didn't get the translation.

I read it, I just don’t know if anyone else ever reported that info or if it was verified by anyone. So far just the Dutch visitor said it took so long for the cops to get there, but you’d think it would be spoken about by family too.

Malaysia is as child friendly as it can be. A special needs child’s welfare is the responsibility and prerogative of the parents. If they are equipped to care for her, during the holiday, that’s not our place to comment whether Malaysia or any other country is suitable for them.

I felt from the beginning Nora had simply wandered off for reasons we will never know. I do question why the parents chose such a holiday destination with Nora’s limited mobility, it’s certainly not somewhere I’d take my children they’d be bored stiff after a few days and I’d be concerned about the lack of security ( no locks on doors, open sides, I’d not sleep at night! ) but they had booked for two weeks. I have noticed on trip advisor most only book a couple of nights at most. Another thing I noticed was the parents were certain she’d been abducted because of her limited mobility, yet how did they expect Nora to navigate the jungle treks when according to them she couldn’t even open a window ?

Completely agree. Beyond this waterfall there seems to be nothing to do. Many reviews are couples that stay for 2-3 nights only.

Not sure they will stay in business after this though, who would want to visit the waterfall now?
I very much hope a family business will not be badly affected and locals lose a much needed source of income.

Oh I think plenty of people. Not everyone is obsessed with stories like this like we are. Even the ones who know about it in the 3 other countries the family is associated with probably haven’t followed this closely. Some people (like my kidless cousin) googled the place and find it beautiful and want to visit! So you never know!

As a small business owner, I think it would be a shame for their business to close over something that had nothing to do with the business itself. That would be akin to one of my clients having a fatal heart attack at my office and people not wanting to do business with me because it happened here.

I believe the poster is implying that a Muslim had something to do with Nora's disappearance. They obviously don't believe in co-incidence.

I don't believe race had anything to do with Nora's disappearance and decease.

I think she really wanted to see the waterfall(s) and perhaps was becoming more independent as she went into her teen years.

RIP, Nora.

Last edited:
I don't deem it necessary for the public to be given a graphic description of the state that Nora's body was found in. It is only the cause of death that needs to be reported. What about Nora's dignity? It is bad enough that she died the way she did without each and every detail being made public. Just my opinion.
It is true, it's such an invasion of privacy and unfortunate for the family.

But since this is an ongoing criminal investigation the information is released to the public. There will be even more released when they get all the test results back. While the details can be sensitive, you never know what can be significant or helpful in giving answers as to what happened. The body tells the story of what happened to Nora, as she can't tell the story herself.

Going through the stress of a trial is even worse.

Hopefully it won't come to that, but the family needs answers and closure so it can put their minds to rest. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member