GUILTY CA - Elizabeth Sullivan, 31, San Diego, 13 Oct 2014 *Arrest*

MamaZA - I have no idea - but on the San Diego court site they list Central, South, North & East counties to pick from to look at the court docket. :)

Gotcha, Niner! I didn’t realize you were referring to the court. If you only have the four to pick from, then yes, “central” would refer to the City of San Diego, where Elizabeth and Matthew lived. Sorry to question. Didn’t mean anything by it.

Oh please - no need to apoligize! I know you didn't mean anything by it either! :)

and
says-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif
nice to meet ya! :)

Appears she may have been a meth head and fentanyl user. If they could find this in her decomposed body in the bay, I am guessing it could have been a serious problem in the marriage.

Also, seems as if there were TWO freezers.

Trial Date Set for Former U.S. Navy Sailor Accused of Killing Wife

Yes, MOO, their marriage sounded very unhappy for both of them. I think they were both contributing to the problems. The ugliness between them was escalating. That's probably why Elizabeth went to see a divorce attorney. I guess there was going to be a custody battle.

So be it, civilized divorces happen everyday. (People share custody, remarry, the kids grow up, and the exs end up seeing each other at their child's graduation or wedding.) I wish it could've ended in a much better way.

Matthew would've had his day in court. Divorce is a heck of a lot better than what happened.

The trial date has been set for a former U.S. Navy service member whose wife's body was found floating in San Diego Bay on the same day he was packing up his belongings and moving out of California.

Matthew Sullivan will go to trial on October 22 on suspicion that he killed his wife, Elizabeth Sullivan, in 2014.
[.....]
Her husband has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge and remains in jail on a $2 million bail.

Thank You.
Trial set for October 22, 2019.

Appears she may have been a meth head and fentanyl user. If they could find this in her decomposed body in the bay, I am guessing it could have been a serious problem in the marriage.

Also, seems as if there were TWO freezers.

we don't know if she voluntarily ingested those drugs,so I wouldn't assume her to be "a user" unless there was further collaborating evidence to prove otherwise..

Friday, August 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:15am PT) – CA – Elizabeth Sullivan (31) (reported missing Oct. 14, 2014, San Diego; found Oct. 4, 2016 in San Diego Bay) – *Matthew Scott Sullivan (34) “husband” arrested (1/31/18 in Wyoming, Delaware, extradited 2/9/18), charged & arraigned (2/14/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond.
Trial set to begin 10/22/19
2/14/19 Update: Was ordered Friday to stand trial on a first-degree murder charge. Arraignment hearing on 3/4.
3/4/19: Plead not guilty. Trial date has been set for 10/22/19. Next hearing on 8/16.

Hearing - 9/5/19

Dept. 2001: ALBERT T. HARUTUNIAN, III 1100 Union Street, San Diego
01:30PM SCD275353-01 STATUS CONFERENCE CA vs SULLIVAN, MATTHEW SCOTT

link: Criminal Calendar

Friday, August 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:15am PT) – CA – Elizabeth Sullivan (31) (reported missing Oct. 14, 2014, San Diego; found Oct. 4, 2016 in San Diego Bay) – *Matthew Scott Sullivan (34) “husband” arrested (1/31/18 in Wyoming, Delaware, extradited 2/9/18), charged & arraigned (2/14/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond.
2/14/19 Update: Was ordered Friday to stand trial on a first-degree murder charge. Arraignment hearing on 3/4.
3/4/19: Plead not guilty. Trial date has been set for 10/22/19. Next hearing on 8/16.

It's not that far off. Can't wait. It's been a long time coming. No doubt he thought he got away with it.

Sometimes we forget the details. It's been five years. Elizabeth was a vivacious woman. They had young children. We were led to believe she took off when, in fact, she was dead. Her remains, floating in the water in a populated area, didn't show up for two years . I think it was just after he left town that suddenly she was found dead. He thought he got away with it.

Here's a reminder of Elizabeth when she was alive.
Elizabeth Sullivan

Thursday, Sept. 5th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 1:30pm PT) – CA – Elizabeth Sullivan (31) (reported missing Oct. 14, 2014, San Diego; found Oct. 4, 2016 in San Diego Bay) – *Matthew Scott Sullivan (34) “husband” arrested (1/31/18 in Wyoming, Delaware, extradited 2/9/18), charged (2/14/18) & arraigned (3/4/19) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond.
3/4/19: Plead not guilty. Trial date has been set for 10/22/19. Next hearing on 8/16. 8/16/19: Next Status hearing on 9/5.

Okay - I'm going on a vacation (back to California!!!) for 2 weeks (starting 9/18 back on 10/2) - and this case I look up every week - so....

who is going to do that for me? I won't be taking my laptop with me - so I'm going to need some help from one of you that are following this case.

Here's the link I use to look up Matthew Sullivan (case #SCD275353 Judge Michael Smyth). I've looked thru 9/20 in Central County.

Criminal Calendar

97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
a BUNCH to whomever will do this!!

Strange - I just looked up Sullivan in Central County and he is not coming up on 10/22 for trial.... ??

Even though he is NOT showing up in the court site as trial today - I shall post this anyway.... Calendar goes thru 10/24 with his name not appearing.

Tuesday, October 22nd:
*Trial set to begin (@ PT) – CA – Elizabeth Sullivan (31) (reported missing Oct. 14, 2014, San Diego; found Oct. 4, 2016 in San Diego Bay) – *Matthew Scott Sullivan (34) “husband” arrested (1/31/18 in Wyoming, Delaware, extradited 2/9/18), charged & arraigned (2/14/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond.
Trial set to begin on 10/22/19.

Why am I not hearing anything about a trial starting? I hate when I actually write it on my calendar and it doesn't happen.

Thanks Niner for confirming that it doesn't seem to be happening this week.

Five years now since Elizabeth was murdered, her life stolen. Time for Matthew to be on trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts
Back