Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame the parents at all for feeling the way they do. It does seem quite unbelievable that a child with her condition who has always been shy, attached to parents, would wander deep into the jungle alone, be untraceable by dogs and expert trackers, alluding the 300 plus people looking for her, survive for about a week before coming to rest in a place that is physically demanding and treacherous to get to even by experienced hikers without her physical limitations. It truly does seem unreal and if I was in their position I would feel exactly the same.

But the evidence seems to suggest this is what has happened, as crazy as it seems. It doesn't make any sense that someone would purposefully lead her out there for no reason. But who knows, the whole thing is improbable.

I read before people in the area are highly superstitious and the locals have always believed that this jungle was haunted and spirits lure people in and they believed the spirits were responsible for her disappearance. I do not believe this but based on everything you could almost be forgiven for thinking this is a plausible explanation!

I hope the family can find whatever they need to eventually come to terms with what has happened, although they may never do and may always be searching for an answer to the unanswerable. The fact is without concrete evidence we may never know how she ended up where she did.

I hope that they are searching for her clothes; this would give an indication of her movements.
I wonder also, if Nora would have responded to her mother's voice had she heard it over the loudspeakers? Given her learning difficulties, her physical and mental state after a few days, surely her immediate reaction would have been to respond in some way. IMO
Sad to think of the missed chances over the ten days and no wonder there are questions being asked

I don't blame the parents at all for feeling the way they do. It does seem quite unbelievable that a child with her condition who has always been shy, attached to parents, would wander deep into the jungle alone, be untraceable by dogs and expert trackers, alluding the 300 plus people looking for her, survive for about a week before coming to rest in a place that is physically demanding and treacherous to get to even by experienced hikers without her physical limitations. It truly does seem unreal and if I was in their position I would feel exactly the same.

But the evidence seems to suggest this is what has happened, as crazy as it seems. It doesn't make any sense that someone would purposefully lead her out there for no reason. But who knows, the whole thing is improbable.

I read before people in the area are highly superstitious and the locals have always believed that this jungle was haunted and spirits lure people in and they believed the spirits were responsible for her disappearance. I do not believe this but based on everything you could almost be forgiven for thinking this is a plausible explanation!

I hope the family can find whatever they need to eventually come to terms with what has happened, although they may never do and may always be searching for an answer to the unanswerable. The fact is without concrete evidence we may never know how she ended up where she did.
Having a special needs (mentally delayed) child, I can only say, sometimes, despite knowing my kid very well as I have been her primary carer since birth, she still surprises me, at times. Unknown environments (holidays) tend to unleash a different side to her (positive and negative).

Many cultures/society living in or near rainforests believe in the other worldly beings, which also is the main occupants of the space. I was raised in such (although am also educated in the west) and I certainly have some qualms about venturing out into forests .... I also respect the local beliefs and cultures!

Replying to Njust1,
Yes, I agree that people can surprise you, special needs or not. And yes, absolutely respect the local culture and beliefs, I don't share such beliefs but no disrespect whatsoever on those that do. It does seem everyone in the area was doing their absolute best, even the shaman, which I know some people here are very suspicious of, timing etc. It's all just so bizarre I think all sorts of weird and wonderful theories will abound for a long time.

I also agree with a previous poster who said we the public don't need to know all the ins and outs, of her condition, the investigation, the important thing is the family get the support they need. If there is any chance that any element of foul play was involved, it deserves to be fully investigated and either followed up or ruled out. They and Nóra deserve that closure.

I just hope it gives them some small comfort to know that so many strangers were so touched by Nóra's story and so wanted her to be ok, praying and wishing and hoping for a good outcome. She and the family are in so many people's thoughts, so much love and compassion being sent their way.

I can't understand why some here are still questioning whether the body was found naked, or still wearing undergarments.

All the reports I have seen, like this one, state she was completely naked. That means no undergarments, no nothing.

Missing teen’s cause of death revealed

Because the Cheif police officer seems to have made 2 different statements, different choice of words. Language barriers may be a problem. It seems the families representative also thought 'not in any clothing' may have meant underwear as they said so.

"Deputy police chief Mazlan Mansor said the body “was not in any clothing

"
The deputy chief of Malaysia's police force Mazlan Mansor ...described Nora as 'completely naked' but 'intact' when she was found"

Jim Gamble, ex-top British cop, has just been on Sky News to say the window was broken and it could be opened from outside. Is that true or is he imagining this in his eagerness to spread the message from Nora's parents?

(Of course the physical state of the window makes no difference if it had been left open overnight anyway, which is possible)

Jim urges us to keep an open mind but his analysis of the case relies on accepting 100% of everything Nora's parents have said and will say, so he doesn't actually even have an open mind himself.

With respect, none of us were there and the Chief police officer said 2 different things which could be down to English being his second language.

That is why there is still confusion.
Yes I edited my post but you caught it before I did! :)

Jim Gamble, ex-top British cop, has just been on Sky News to say the window was broken and it could be opened from outside. Is that true or is he imagining this in his eagerness to spread the message from Nora's parents?

(Of course the physical state of the window makes no difference if it had been left open overnight anyway, which is possible)

Jim urges us to keep an open mind but his analysis of the case relies on accepting 100% of everything Nora's parents have said and will say, so he doesn't actually even have an open mind himself.

Jim Gamble has an interesting history, he was in the police in Northern Ireland where various allegations ( Not directly lodged at him) have been made with regards to underhand dealings going on in the intelligence services at those times.

He was involved in the controversial UK 'operation Ore', which came to a halt when it exposed high-level people as sex offenders. Then he becomes a sort of 'ally' to the McCanns in that case, then he pops up in this case saying a window was broken into? How would he know?
He now runs a company that advises people on child safety so 'abductions' are his business in a way.

Because the Cheif police officer seems to have made 2 different statements, different choice of words. Language barriers may be a problem. It seems the families representative also thought 'not in any clothing' may have meant underwear as they said so.

"Deputy police chief Mazlan Mansor said the body “was not in any clothing

"
The deputy chief of Malaysia's police force Mazlan Mansor ...described Nora as 'completely naked' but 'intact' when she was found"

Intact is the term for the state of the body parts, ie not dismembered or missing any limbs. Nothing to do with clothing.

Jim Gamble has an interesting history, he was in the police in Northern Ireland where various allegations ( Not directly lodged at him) have been made with regards to underhand dealings going on in the intelligence services at those times.

He was involved in the controversial UK 'operation Ore', which came to a halt when it exposed high-level people as sex offenders. Then he becomes a sort of 'ally' to the McCanns in that case, then he pops up in this case saying a window was broken into? How would he know?
He now runs a company that advises people on child safety so 'abductions' are his business in a way.
I don't doubt his sincerity but sometimes he does perhaps let emotion lead him. I would say he did (and still does) in the McCann case. I fear he may be again because of the Irish connection in this case. On Sky News he mentioned the response of members of Nora's family "all over the world". He'll be very impressed - and possibly over-influenced - by that.

Why was this girl alone in a strange room?

Her mother stated that she was extremely fearful and nervous, and needed cuddling hours of reassurance each night.

I would assume a girl with such a severe brain condition, would be extremely nervous in a completely different environment, a room she did not know. Yet was left to sleep there with the window opened from the inside, but not by her due to her frêle muscles.
I would assume her clinging on her parents more than ever that night instead of her exploring the area in the dark of night.

I am not getting these circumstances, sad case.

There were pictures posted, earlier in the thread, showing the handle of one of the panes to be missing. Yes it would make it easier for someone to get in, but also easier for Nora to be able to get out as all she had to do was push it.

Damaged window also played apart in the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

Why was this girl alone in a strange room?

Her mother stated that she was extremely fearful and nervous, and needed cuddling hours of reassurance each night.

I would assume a girl with such a severe brain condition, would be extremely nervous in a completely different environment, a room she did not know. Yet was left to sleep there with the window opened from the inside, but not by her due to her frêle muscles.
I would assume her clinging on her parents more than ever that night instead of her exploring the area in the dark of night.

I am not getting these circumstances, sad case.

She wasn't alone she was in a room with her siblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member