Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they had used up all the questioning time in relation to Libby?
So would it be straight re arrest to charge?

Thanks guys.

So ultimately there are 2 separate cases which both really tie into the one. (started with flashing etc resulted in a death)
He gets jailed today, the police (and by the sounds of it the judge also, suspect he is guilty of libby) do you all think a murder charge will follow?
Is it a case of the police have been waiting for this trial before they go for it, make a charge easier to stick if they were still struggling with proving it all?

Whilst following the Grenfell inquury the stream was cut and reporting restrictions put in place. When they were lifted it transpired it was a police officer addressing the Judge (chairman) in relation to an ongoing court case.

I thought about this last night and wondered if Tuesday could have been a similar sort of thing.

Probably not but heres to hope.

I think the 96 hour rule is 'per arrest/questioning'. Surely they can talk to him again? I thought 96 hours was just custody time limit for the actual time in police station, not a time limit on how long (in total) they can actually talk to someone for? That would make many crimes extremely difficult to solve.

Does anyone know any facts about this?

I think if they have more evidence or information they can interview him again in relation to Libby. All this might assist, and as they only interviewed him prior to her bring found, I’m sure they will hand more evidence. I’m convinced they must have enough to charge... they maybe just are holding out for one more vital bit

Court addition to paragraph above:

The court heard Relowicz, who was working as a butcher at a Malton butcher factory, was arrested on February 2 this year. Police found a ‘scream’ mask in his car.

Hi @MsMiniSleuth. Is there a way to check the authenticity in your info of the arrest date of 2nd February, which was Saturday, the day after LS disappearance? We've always been working on the assumption that he was arrested on Weds 5th February. If the earlier date is correct, this makes for some interesting rethinking of what was going on in those first few days.
Also a big thanks for your reporting. The scream mask sounds very sinister.

13:13
Key points heard today
  • The court has heard numerous detail behind Relowicz’s crimes
  • His first crime saw him “push his head through a ground floor window” to watch a student, who was having sex with her boyfriend
  • He committed a number of voyeurism crimes across the Newland Avenue area, where his victims said they saw him “staring into their bedrooms”, usually as they were in a state of undress
  • Twice, Relowicz left a “calling card” of a condom, on one occasion placing it next to a child’s toy
  • His crimes escalated around Christmas 2018, where two women saw him “with his trousers around his thighs” performing a sex act in Newland Avenue
  • Days later, he was in Wellesley Avenue, where he was seen masturbating by girls. He followed them home and ejaculated against their glass door
  • Relowicz, 25, is a dad-of-two and became visibly emotional in the dock when his children were mentioned
  • Judge Richardson told him ‘you will go to jail’ and he will be sentenced at 2.15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993