Found Deceased CA - Eric Batzdorff, 42, dropped off his children, Alameda, 11 Aug 2019

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
EricWEB.jpg

Family and friends of Eric Batzdorff are asking the public for help in locating the Alameda resident, who has been missing since Sunday, Aug. 11. Batzdorff, 42, dropped his children off at their mother’s home that day and has not been seen or heard from since. He was driving a silver 2013 Honda Accord with a large dent in the side.

Family members say his disappearance is out of character.

Batzdorff, who works for the cloud-computing company Veeva, is a native of Santa Rosa, where his sister and parents still live and are active with Congregation Shomrei Torah. His two children previously attended a Jewish day school.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call Sgt. Alan Kuboyama of the Alameda Police Department at (510) 337-8538.

Information sought on missing Jewish Alameda man – J.

Hope you are doing ok and are found soon Eric. You are one of the persons that shaped my outlook towards software development and I learnt a great deal working with you. You are one of the best persons I have met in my life and pray to god that all is well with you.

Police search for man reported missing in Alameda

Batzdroff, who works for a Pleasanton technology company, was last seen wearing khaki cargo-style pants and a burgundy T-shirt.

On Wednesday, Alameda police were concentrating their search for Batzdroff in the city’s west end.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Alameda police at 510-337-8340.

This is a little worrisome. Does he have a cell phone? If so, when was the last time he was heard from on it?

Did neighbors see him leave the house after dropping the children off? Did neighbors see anyone visit the house before he arrived?

Still missing.

Eric Batzdorff is a father of two girls. He was last seen by his wife Sunday at 2:45 in the afternoon in Alameda.

East Bay family asking for help to find missing man

So he was last seen by his wife. Was he dropping off their children? Is he and his wife still married but separated?
I saw a fb post from his sister. It appears that Eric and his wife are separated. Yes, he was dropping of his kids.

Anguished Sonoma County family awaits word about missing loved one

More detail here.
Eric, with his younger daughter visited his parents’ home in Santa Rosa.
Midday, he drove his daughter to the home of her mom in Alameda, which is a few miles from his own apt.
Daughter went in, and her mom told Eric she would bring both girls to his apt 45 minutes later, at 3:00.
But when they arrived at his apt, he was not there, and has been missing since.
His car was also not at the apt, and his father said “it appears that his son’s cellphone powered down at some point.”

I pray this is not a self harm.
Eric your daughter's and loved ones need you. Your career needs you!!!
Maybe he needed to get away to think some clarity.
But his character would show some itinerary. Especially to his family.
I know some people who know this family and a lot of prayers are going out.

The estranged wife is the last one who saw him? I know what we would all be automatically thinking if the genders were reversed here.
I know people to know him and has been around his family. So I remain on the fence for evidence. Just hope Eric is safe and comes home well.

I am open to any reason at this point.
LE or any MSM true investigating points.

Family and friends of a missing East Bay Area man are asking for help to find him.

They say 42-year-old Eric Batzdorff from Alameda was last seen on Sunday, August 11th at 2:45 p.m.

The Alameda Police Department confirmed his case is still open.

Friends say Batzdorff graduated from Cal Poly in the late 1990's and San Luis Obispo is his "happy place."
Family asking for help to find missing Cal Poly graduate

This was on my local news today. Eric has been missing for one week today, hope he is just taking time to re-center and put his life changes into perspective.

The estranged wife is the last one who saw him? I know what we would all be automatically thinking if the genders were reversed here.
I already thought it, my friend. Now we need to know when he was reported missing, and who- did she call his family first? LE would probably make them wait a bit before filing a missing report.

Family and friends of a missing East Bay Area man are asking for help to find him.

They say 42-year-old Eric Batzdorff from Alameda was last seen on Sunday, August 11th at 2:45 p.m.

The Alameda Police Department confirmed his case is still open.

Friends say Batzdorff graduated from Cal Poly in the late 1990's and San Luis Obispo is his "happy place."
Family asking for help to find missing Cal Poly graduate

This was on my local news today. Eric has been missing for one week today, hope he is just taking time to re-center and put his life changes into perspective.
I just don't like the sound of this.

The man was going to have his daughters within 45 minutes. I know depressed people do some strange things that we wouldn't expect, but if he did self harm, would he do this knowing his daughters were coming in a few minutes?

I wonder if there is any video from the neighbors as to when he arrived and when he left. Is there a GPS in his vehicle? I wonder where his phone last pinged?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back