Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve lost track of the location the “white woman” was seen in the river. Was it near the resort or near where Nóra was eventually found?
I haven't yet figured out the location where this man saw the "white woman" swimming on Sunday, Aug 4.

But I recall from the news article that it was closer to Dusun resort.

I understood his post about reward differently.

In some countries, if you really think your child has been kidnapped, you offer a quick reward for tips that can get the child back to you, alive.
Yes, it's done all the time in the US.
It has not been proven to be effective, though.

If LE gets 500 tips, they are required to follow through with every single one.
And sometimes one of those tips will lead to something, but most often the case is solved by good detective work.

And just as often a tip comes in that helps to solve the case when there has been no reward at all. There still are many people who want to help even without the incentive of a reward.

And, as someone on the thread who is local said, people in Malaysia are not necessarily motivated by money. Imo

In South America and some other places where kids/people are intentfully kidnapped for ransom that may be the case. These are premeditated cases. In this instance, I doubt very much that a criminal could plan it so perfectly well to the extent that she was taken out of the villa literally “under the nose” of her parents and siblings without trace or anyone noticing. That is just too well executed and odd for somebody who wants money for the kid!
Yes, I agree with you.

I was explaining the original poster's reasoning. He was suggesting that if someone was convinced that their child was kidnapped in such a country, they could have offered an immediate reward.

And, as someone on the thread who is local said, people in Malasia are not necessarily motivated by money. Imo
Yes, I agree with that opinion.

But I was only clarifying original poster ... IF someone was convinced their kid has been kidnapped for ransom, etc.

Someone who is lost and wandering will have no choice but to try to get around in the terrain, no matter how difficult it is - it's the only option. It's not impossible when it's literally the only choice someone might have when lost and in need of water, and she was found there near the water.

I don't understand people saying there's no way she could get around in the jungle considering her disabilities. Once someone becomes lost, which actually can happen very very easily in these sorts of areas, it's natural to wander around trying to find your way back and/or wander around in search of food and water. It's not suspicious that she was found near water, it's the result of a very basic human instinct

MOO

Well said. Poor Nora simply had no choice but to keep going. I too can’t fathom why some find that so difficult to believe.

Yes, I agree with that opinion.

But I was only clarifying original poster ... IF someone was convinced their kid has been kidnapped for ransom, etc.
I understand. But it's not that easy to offer a reward right away. And it wasn't a ransom case.
It was reported at first that the family and LE were considering offering a reward.
I would assume they had to carefully consider whether or not it would be helpful and it also can take time to set it up.
I'm not sure it helped anyway. If she was in the jungle all that time, no-one saw any indication of her being there.
If there was foul play involved, chances are that no-one saw anything. Imo

Last edited:
Well said. Poor Nora simply had no choice but to keep going. I too can’t fathom why some find that so difficult to believe.
It doesn't really have anything to to with choice, or what Nora wanted to do, it's that she would not have been capable of travelling that far in the jungle.
Even if she could, it's highly unlikely that she would have entered the jungle at all. At least not by herself. Imo

I understand. But it's not that easy to offer a reward right away.
It was reported at first that the family and LE were considering offering a reward.
I would assume they had to carefully consider whether or not it would be helpful and it also can take time to set it up.
I'm not sure it helped anyway. If she was in the jungle all that time, no-one saw any indication of her being there.
If there was foul play involved, chances are that no-one saw anything. Imo
My gut feeling is, chances are somebody must have seen/met her accidentally during that week but didn’t want to get implicated in such a high profile case - so much media attention, parents adamant that the child was abducted ... Some rural communities are reserved and passive. They don’t care about money as they go about their daily lives happy, with simple living needs. So they could have helped her a bit by showing the direction perhaos but may also encounter linguistic issues. Plus Nora may not have been easy too - hungry, scared etc so her reactions may not have been one which we can easily speculate. So if anybody had encoutered her, there is a chance the person also avoided contact/involvement. Remember, SAR was there for 10 days so laymen may just hope she’ll be found/discovered by SAR?

Really don´t get your logic here. The best people were searching.
Yes, I think that was the point.
They had over 300 people searching and couldn't find her so a reward probably would not have helped. Imo

My gut feeling is, chances are somebody must have seen/met her accidentally during that week but didn’t want to get implicated in such a high profile case - so much media attention, parents adamant that the child was abducted ... Some rural communities are reserved and passive. They don’t care about money as they go about their daily lives happy, with simple living needs. So they could have helped her a bit by showing the direction perhaos but may also encounter linguistic issues. Plus Nora may not have been easy too - hungry, scared etc so her reactions may not have been one which we can easily speculate. So if anybody had encoutered her, there is a chance the person also avoided contact/involvement. Remember, SAR was there for 10 days so laymen may just hope she’ll be found/discovered by SAR?
Yes, someone else suggested that scenario as well.
If that's what happened, it's a shame they did not consider her life more important than being accused of a crime. Imo

Yes, someone else suggested that scenario as well.
If that's what happened, it's a shame they did not consider her life more important than being accused of a crime. Imo
Not sure everyone thinks the same way. I don’t think people want to be accused of abducting a child and people have different level of fear. Besides they probably thought she’d be found by SAR

It doesn't really have anything to to with choice, or what Nora wanted to do, it's that she would not have been capable of travelling that far in the jungle.
Even if she could, it's highly unlikely that she would have entered the jungle at all. At least not by herself. Imo

Well everything points to that’s exactly what she did. There is no evidence at all she was abducted or met someone in the jungle. She must have had some capabilities , otherwise what was the point in her parents booking such a holiday? Did they intend to carry her to see the waterfall or use a wheelchair ?

A lot of pseudo science and wild theories here at the minute. This is a sad case but I don’t see any mischief or foul play. Every question raised can be answered. Scents are impossible to pick up in tropical jungles, it’s dense and shows no sign if you are lost and everything points to her wandering off sadly. I think people are upset and family members are saying stuff off the cuff as they are hurting. Turn the case around and ask what an abductor has gained? What was their motive?

Also there’s an undercurrent of mistrust against Malaysians brewing...the idea they are incompetent or botched things and now we need a Brit to show them how to do things. It’s not befitting. They had to work with what they had...no traces, no evidence, a possible sighting nowhere where she ended up and a continued insistence she was abducted. They have worked day and night through their eid to locate her. They were too late but if you go missing in that area, that is sadly the result.

Yes question stuff, but there’s a lot of assumption based on no real evidence

Well everything points to that’s exactly what she did. There is no evidence at all she was abducted or met someone in the jungle. She must have had some capabilities , otherwise what was the point in her parents booking such a holiday? Did they intend to carry her to see the waterfall or use a wheelchair ?
Yes, of course she had many capabilities but she needed assistance with daily living skills on a regular basis.

She may have needed assistance while walking, especially in difficult terrain, such as a steep hill, and definitely for all the stream and river crossings on the trail that leads to the waterfall.
She did not require a wheelchair or a walker, so obviously she was capable of getting around in a regular environment.

But in order to navigate her way through the jungle, it just doesn't make any sense that she could have done it alone.
She would have fallen many times, and that she did not have any severe injuries other than some bruises on her legs and scratches is unbelievable.

Just because she had disabilities doesn't mean she was not capable of travelling with her parents. They knew what her limitations were and I'm sure they had the means to help her.
That still doesn't mean she could have done all those things independently. If she never even went out into their garden by herself, imagine what it would be like to walk for days through the jungle. Imo

A lot of pseudo science and wild theories here at the minute. This is a sad case but I don’t see any mischief or foul play. Every question raised can be answered. Scents are impossible to pick up in tropical jungles, it’s dense and shows no sign if you are lost and everything points to her wandering off sadly. I think people are upset and family members are saying stuff off the cuff as they are hurting. Turn the case around and ask what an abductor has gained? What was their motive?

Also there’s an undercurrent of mistrust against Malaysians brewing...the idea they are incompetent or botched things and now we need a Brit to show them how to do things. It’s not befitting. They had to work with what they had...no traces, no evidence, a possible sighting nowhere where she ended up and a continued insistence she was abducted. They have worked day and night through their eid to locate her. They were too late but if you go missing in that area, that is sadly the result.

Yes question stuff, but there’s a lot of assumption based on no real evidence
what a succinct post with clarity of thought?! The emotional shock and reactions from the family have certainly affected a lot of people’s opinion and trust in the Malaysian authority! Bring on the Brits and the French and even the shamans... Let’s see if they can find peace after the offensive blaming on the Malaysians when afterall no one is questioning how and why the parents could have lost/not hear a squeak when the child left their supervision.

Yes, of course she had many capabilities but she needed assistance with daily living skills on a regular basis.

She may have needed assistance while walking, especially in difficult terrain, such as a steep hill, and definitely for all the stream and river crossings on the trail that leads to the waterfall.
She did not require a wheelchair or a walker, so obviously she was capable of getting around in a regular environment.

But in order to navigate her way through the jungle, it just doesn't make any sense that she could have done it alone.
She would have fallen many times, and that she did not have any severe injuries other than some bruises on her legs and scratches is unbelievable.

Just because she had disabilities doesn't mean she was not capable of travelling with her parents. They knew what her limitations were and I'm sure they had the means to help her.
That still doesn't mean she could have done all those things independently. If she never even went out into their garden by herself, imagine what it would be like to walk for days through the jungle. Imo
Let’s face it - her descriptions went from a child with mild disability to completely unable to walk on her own...

Another very strong statement from the Quoirin family: They want to make ”absolutely clear” that their comments about Nóra’s death are only through the Lucie Blackman Trust + any other views may not reflect the opinions of the Quoirin immediate family.

1E759024-2EB6-42C3-B46C-F825FF8E269D.jpeg

Jackie Fox on Twitter

Nóra Quoirin’s family are concerned that continued reporting of comments are “unhelpful” and may hinder any investigations, as well as causing confusion and distress for them.

Jackie Fox on Twitter

UPDATE: Negri Sembilan police chief confirms Nora Quoirin’s body has been claimed from the hospital in Seremban at 12.42am local. The Irish embassy will be assisting the Quoirin family to prepare documentation for the repatriation of Nora’s body. #NoraAnneQuoirin #NoraQuoirin

Howard Johnson on Twitter

LATEST: NORA QUOIRIN – FAMILY CLARITY The family of Nora Quoirin would like to clarify several comments that have been attributed to the family or to people claiming to act on behalf of the family. (Thread) #NoraAnneQuoirin #NoraQuorin

They wish it to be made absolutely clear that the only comments and statements relating to the disappearance, death, investigation and any other matters that are actually from the family are those released via Matthew Searle of the Lucie Blackman Trust.

The family have only appointed Matthew Searle to act as a spokesman for them.Any other comments and views are those of the speaker and do not necessarily reflect the views of the immediate family or an accurate portrayal of the facts.

The family urge media to rely on Lucie Blackman Trust statements and comments only from now on. The charity will release updates and statements when appropriate.

Nora's family are concerned that continued reporting of comments such as those recently reported are unhelpful and may hinder any investigations, as well as causing confusion and distress for them.

The Lucie Blackman Trust is arranging repatriation of Nora’s body and no further information concerning this, including dates or destinations, will be released at this point. #NoraAnneQuoirin #NoraQuoirin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members