Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake - CO didn't correct them.

If you listen to this video of GJ speaking, which is what is transcribed in the article, he says " In essence, I've been accused of recording four conversations. Those conversations were conversations I had with the person about the disappearance of William Tyrrell...............etc" Start at about 0:55.

Compared to what is said in the article (below).

“In essence, I’ve been accused of recording four conversations. Those conversations were conversations I had with the person about the disappearance of weird material. I had a lawful right and an operational need to record that conversation. And I’ll repeat that. I had a lawful right and an operational need to record those conversations. I have made no attempt whatsoever to conceal the fact that I recorded those conversations.”

Sometimes, audio to text doesn't work so well. :eek:

Ahh yes. Its a speech convertor error. The puter obviously misheard what it transcribed.
Good find!

Hmm .. well that is very unusual, as ping data (VLR data) is typically only stored for a few weeks.
You are right that it is different from metadata. Metadata is classified as 'business records' or 'call charge records' (CCRs) and is now required to be retained by the telcos for a minimum of two years.

Is it possible that the police had Holdom's ping data from much earlier (private) investigation?

The significant limitation with this data, called ‘ping data’ and referred to as VLR data, is that it is only kept for weeks, unlike CCRs which are stored for two years. There is, at the moment, no statutory requirement in Australia to keep this Visiting Location Register data.
VLR data is useful to the police when they have a suspect very soon after a crime is committed; however, its subsequent unavailability presents a challenge both for police investigators and potential defence purposes months or years later.
http://www.couttscommunications.com/mobile-ping-data.pdf
Police would have (presumably) obtained 'ping data'/cellphone tower info from the area surrounding W's disappearance at the time... so if they had that data all along, and then say 4 years later a suspect comes into focus, if said suspect has the same phone available from 4 years ago, would it be able to be matched to the cell-tower info police already had?

My mistake - CO didn't correct them.

If you listen to this video of GJ speaking, which is what is transcribed in the article, he says " In essence, I've been accused of recording four conversations. Those conversations were conversations I had with the person about the disappearance of William Tyrrell...............etc" Start at about 0:55.

Compared to what is said in the article (below).

“In essence, I’ve been accused of recording four conversations. Those conversations were conversations I had with the person about the disappearance of weird material. I had a lawful right and an operational need to record that conversation. And I’ll repeat that. I had a lawful right and an operational need to record those conversations. I have made no attempt whatsoever to conceal the fact that I recorded those conversations.”

Sometimes, audio to text doesn't work so well. :eek:
That danged Aussie accent!

Can you explain more pls? Like..u think he was looking for someone in particular??

I would think tho..if he had an inkling that RD may have been involved, surely the $1 million reward would have made him speak up??
He may have been suspicious of Donahoe after coming across him previously, and was just checking to see if he was anywhere around that morning. Maybe he had more than a hunch, perhaps the recorded calls with Jubelin, were Jubelin trying to get him to make a formal statement.

Who knows why he wont, maybe scared, he may not know enough to be in the running for a reward, or it might be meaningless to him at this point. He might just want a peaceful life.

I may have egg all over my face on Monday, but PS has always been my least likely POI.

Another thing that has been suggested to me .... Peter Crabb's drive to the nearby swimming pool. Donohoe related? White van related?

Her husband, Peter Crabb, said he "looked in places where a little boy might hide" including driving to a nearby swimming pool but there was "nothing, absolutely nothing"
William's male carer searched 'everywhere'

After leaving the Caltex station, which was just “minutes from Kendall”, Donohoe would sleep in his white Suzuki van parked at Kendall swimming pool or Kendall showgrounds.
‘Creepy’ sex offender lived minutes away

SA Peter Crabb went to a neighbours pool he knew of in Ellendale cres.

Police would have (presumably) obtained 'ping data'/cellphone tower info from the area surrounding W's disappearance at the time... so if they had that data all along, and then say 4 years later a suspect comes into focus, if said suspect has the same phone available from 4 years ago, would it be able to be matched to the cell-tower info police already had?

Well, it is an area of concern for police ... that they can only obtain ping data relatively quickly. For example, ping data was used to track down Belgian terrorists fleeing through Europe over a period of time. It can be very important to many people's safety.

So, yes, I could see an astute police authority obtaining as much recorded ping data as was available very quickly. Then retaining it.
Let's hope this was done quickly in William's case, and wasn't one of the bones of contention between the Sydney police and the local authorities.

I must say, I am very curious as to why the search warrant for Donohoe stated that they could search his phones. Old phone vs new phone? Or multiple phones at the same time?

Last edited:
Here’s a couple of articles relating to the bushland search back in March 2015.
At the time many of us believed the vehicle seen driving down the fire trail may have belonged to Spedding, now we know that Donohoe also owned a white van.

"Fairfax Media understands a three-day search of bushland in early March was instigated after a witness reported seeing a vehicle drive down a fire trail about the time William disappeared. The search zone was 21 kilometres from where the toddler disappeared."
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-suspect-paedophile-ring-20150417-1mmzno.html

"A tip-off to police claims that a white van was seen driving into bushland." (around 40 secs into the video within the article)
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...andparent-support-groups-20150905-gjfrug.html

In the first article- is the fire trail located 21kms from where William went missing?
TIA

From the photos and video, Donohoe appeared a cocky so-and-so in the 'silent' police interview, but quite the doddering 'poor me' as he was walking outside the inquest.

35naej9.jpg

9 News Sydney

11422168-3x2-940x627.jpg

'Creepy' SES volunteer tight-lipped during William Tyrrell investigation, inquest hears

Seems to me there might be a bit of a personality disorder going on here. Perhaps anti social w deviant tendencies.
Going against the grain in society and work...believing they are justified in doing so. Ie: selling own produce from work...giving unauthorised stamps to children at workplace etc then forging time sheets=entitlement?
All IMO.

A WS-er said above how hard it is not to get drawn in to saying something during police questioning. I believe it; I know what it's like for me trying not to begin to argue just with a skillful pushy sales person. Put that together with the candle . . . what sort of person likes the smell of a candle so much he keeps burning it in what he's been told is an explosive environment? Perhaps someone who can't feel fear.
Wasn't it said that this Donohoe fellow was also somewhat developmentally challenged? That could explain some of these oddities? His lawyer had clearly advised him to remain silent during any police questioning.. which the man took with extreme literalism, I mean.. who would refuse to even confirm their name? A person of perhaps more normal intelligence might confirm the obvious basics, and then simply keep repeating 'my lawyer has advised me not to answer questions', or something to that effect.

·
Aug 13

She tells the court he was employed at the servo in September 2014, but she can’t recall if he worked the day William went missing. “I think so, but I’m not 100%”.
@10NewsFirst
@10Daily

It would also be interesting to know if he worked at the servo on the Thursday 11th - the evening shift??? Giving him “reason” to have been sleeping in his van that night making him possibly there Friday morning???

If he arrived with SES personnel in a car in time for the 4pm briefing , and given that he usually worked the afternoon shift.... it is also likely that he did not work that day ... (at the Servo)
as he stated in inquest that the search was from approx 4pm till midnight... “he was exhausted” and was working the next day.. so possibility he did work the afternoon shift on the Sunday at the servo...

Have they asked the SES personnel with whom he arrived in the car for the search , where they picked him up from?? And what time did they arrange to pick him up ??

Thinking behind this ... or possible theory if you like..... ?? if he was in Kendall Friday morning, and was back in Taree by the afternoon to be picked to arrive at 4pm there are 4hours between roughly 11am and 3pm ... . plenty of time

Just MO thoughts and questions... no accusations..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth