OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Merrygirl

Columbus attorney (Frederica Wagner's attorney) has affair with client’s wife ..... 2014 (not now)

Quote from your posted article:
"The Supreme Court today suspended Columbus attorney James D. Owen for having a sexual relationship with the wife of a client. The court noted in its decision that the professional conduct rules do not address this issue nor had there been any case law about this type of situation..."

Me: That Fred's attorney had inappropriate professional conduct --- with no case law or professional conduct rules addressing it --- just , well all I can say is, of course Fred's attorney has a unique scandal in his background !

birds of a feather...................

When I watched Boondock Saints this scene came to mind of the father and two sons killing it is all MOO but it caught my attention and I wonder if this is how they murdered CRsr. The three of them executing CRsr at the same time.

Well there is no way I'll go near this movie even though I like NY mob movies and the Sopranos.

The prosecution has this movie in evidence for a reason and my guess is because of the silencers. Maglite was found in the well and is in evidence. Silencers can be built from maglite flashlights. Note the photo you posted, that looks like a silver maglite silencer on the gun he is holding. It seriously does. I rest my case.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/pike-county-murders-movie-use-gun-silencer

".....The film is about two brothers in Boston who take on a deadly form of vigilante justice by murdering mobsters and other criminals. The killers in the movie use silencers on their guns, the same killing style that members of the Wagner family are accused of using to execute the Rhodens....."
71Cnp%2BPDPsL._SX679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Maglite-ML300L-3-Cell-Flashlight-Silver/

Last edited:
I know this is a strange question, but does anyone remember the Judge telling the Defense in either Jake's or GW's pretrial that the Defense had to come up with the thumb drive for more discovery?

It came up in Angela's pretrial that her attorneys had to provide the prosecution with enough storage devices for the prosecution to be able to download 4 terabytes of discovery evidence:

WAGNER, ANGELA JO

07/09/2019 JOURNAL ENTRY -- This cause came on for a pre-trial hearing on July 3, 2019.

"...Upon agreement of the parties, it is hereby ORDERED that on or before July 15, 2019, the Defendant, through her attorneys, shall furnish the office of Special Prosecuting Attorney Angela Canepa with sufficient storage devices in order to permit storage, for the purpose of delivery to the Defendant, of all remaining discovery in this action, which, as indicated by the Special Prosecuting Attorney, constitutes approximately (4) terabytes of material.

It is further ORDERED that, if the Defendant provides the Special Prosecuting Attorney's Office, on or before July 15, 2019, with sufficient storage devices to permit the storage of four (4) terabytes of material, then the State of Ohio shall download all remaining discoverable material to such storage devices and shall furnish all remaining discovery to the Defendant on or before July 22, 2019..."

https://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/search.page.3

Last edited:
I used the uslandrecords.com and searched FW and GWsr and found lots of land contracts and lots of releases of those contacts in pike county. They have been very busy in real estate!
CWGrandma,
If you haven't read this article I thought you'd like to see it as it gives a lot of information on FW's land contracts. Very detailed, actual tenants interviewed but Fred wouldn't discuss it.

"...Fredericka Wagner said by phone on Nov. 25 that the issue of land contracts has "nothing to do with (the criminal allegations). It’s irrelevant...”

Matriarch of Wagner family accused in Pike County massacre spent decades building wealth

PIKE COUNTY – Mention Fredericka Wagner around Pike County and most folks have a thing or two to say.

To many, she’s the wealthy landowner who worked with her husband acquiring hundreds of acres to build a renowned horse-breeding empire atop a hill largely out of sight here.

To those who tried to buy land from her, she’s a money-hungry opportunist who takes advantage of low-income families.

To her lawyer, she’s a God-fearing, tax-paying Pike County business owner who is being wrongly accused in helping her family plot a cover-up of one of the state’s most heinous crimes.

699b996b-1ae0-49ff-ad87-df69a9928778-DSCF0062.JPG

PIKE COUNTY AUDITOR'S OFFICE
Several hopeful buyers have attempted to purchase this 5-acre parcel over the years from the Wagner family. Not one has been successful..:(

Some contracts included interest rates of 10 percent or higher, including at least three above 13 percent..:eek:

Nearly 80 percent were ultimately terminated without a corresponding deed transfer, indicating the land returned to Wagner possession..:mad:

Last edited:

Tour Angela Wagner's Jail where she waits to see if her privileges get suspended because she had phone conversations with her mother Rita Newcomb.

08/06/2019 MOTION TO SUSPEND PRIVILEGES FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

Last edited:
456 testing 789

5...4...3...2...1... Speaking only for myself, I can't wait for these trials to begin so we can start hearing all the evidence that's been gathered by the prosecution.

IIRC, GW4's was supposed to be first, but was then pushed back... does anyone know or have an opinion on which order these trials will happen? And when?

Thanks everyone. :)

5...4...3...2...1... Speaking only for myself, I can't wait for these trials to begin so we can start hearing all the evidence that's been gathered by the prosecution.

IIRC, GW4's was supposed to be first, but was then pushed back... does anyone know or have an opinion on which order these trials will happen? And when?

Thanks everyone. :)
Curious.... does anyone think that whoever goes last will benefit from all the info coming out at the other trials ? Also, does anyone think there is a reason for the order of the trials? Do you think the ones they have the most evidence on will go last so there is something new to be presented with each trial? Just curious to see what you all think....

Curious.... does anyone think that whoever goes last will benefit from all the info coming out at the other trials ? Also, does anyone think there is a reason for the order of the trials? Do you think the ones they have the most evidence on will go last so there is something new to be presented with each trial? Just curious to see what you all think....

It's all just guessing at this point because no court record is yet reflecting --- see journal entries on the court dockets --- that any defense counsel has received 100% of the Discovery Evidence.

It is apparent that GW4 will be going first as there actually was a September 4 trial date set because GW4's speedy trial deadline was going to expire. But then GW4 was "forced" to waive the speedy trial because his attorneys still didn't have all the Discovery Evidence.

At any rate it's pretty clear GW4 is anxious and ready to get to his trial, to be found not guilty, and to get home to regain custody of his son and get back to work on grandma's farm and get back to his hunting and tactical weapons hobbies whatever. If he's guilty it's denial in the first degree.

"...The Court finds the Defendant's Motion To Continue Jury Trial to be well-taken, and the Court grants said motion; and it is hereby ORDERED that the Assignment Commissioner shall re-schedule the jury trial in this action for a date to be determined at a later time..."

Likely we will see an actual trial date rescheduled in a couple of months. I doubt later than October, if not September.

Opinion Only

Last edited:
It's all just guessing at this point because no court record is yet reflecting --- see journal entries on the court dockets --- that any defense counsel has received 100% of the Discovery Evidence.

It is apparent that GW4 will be going first as there actually was a September 4 trial date set because GW4's speedy trial deadline was going to expire. But then GW4 was "forced" to waive the speedy trial because his attorneys still didn't have all the Discovery Evidence.

At any rate it's pretty clear GW4 is anxious and ready to get to his trial, to be found not guilty, and to get home to regain custody of his son and get back to work on grandma's farm and get back to his hunting and tactical weapons hobbies whatever. If he's guilty it's denial in the first degree.

"...The Court finds the Defendant's Motion To Continue Jury Trial to be well-taken, and the Court grants said motion; and it is hereby ORDERED that the Assignment Commissioner shall re-schedule the jury trial in this action for a date to be determined at a later time..."

Likely we will see an actual trial date rescheduled in a couple of months. I doubt later than October, if not September.

Opinion Only
CC something is not what we think, all that evidence LE has is so big, I really think it is not only all on the Rhodens murders but could it be that the LE has racketeering chargers on the Wagners, clearly they lived (High On The Hog) with a income that Angela reported when they filed bankruptcy
$500 SSI and $300 snap money per month, I just don’t by it the Wagners has to much stuff for what income they got, I can’t see why LE let Billy off so easy when he was caught with all that stolen good, who was the sheriff be for Reader, he must have been good friends with Fredericka, clearly the Wagners did what ever they wanted for years until a little man came along called Mike DeWine, the Wagners hated him so bad because they couldn’t control him that why the Wagners talked about death threats, JMO

Opinion Only
Thank you! I’m glad that this site has so many smart law knowledgable people on it. I learn something new all the time!

CC something is not what we think, all that evidence LE has is so big, I really think it is not only all on the Rhodens murders but could it be that the LE has racketeering chargers on the Wagners, clearly they lived (High On The Hog) with a income that Angela reported when they filed bankruptcy
$500 SSI and $300 snap money per month, I just don’t by it the Wagners has to much stuff for what income they got, I can’t see why LE let Billy off so easy when he was caught with all that stolen good, who was the sheriff be for Reader, he must have been good friends with Fredericka, clearly the Wagners did what ever they wanted for years until a little man came along called Mike DeWine, the Wagners hated him so bad because they couldn’t control him that why the Wagners talked about death threats, JMO

They hated Sheriff Reader, too. I believe Henderson was the Sheriff before Reader. All JMO. By the way, I was curious, so checked the Pike County Ohio current inmates list today and found a total of 51. I see no new ones since Reader resigned. Moreover, I remember Reader had 100 inmates at one point listed since 2016. Seems the county that elected Reader still stands with him and seems to me the interim is getting no new arrests. All JMO

Opinion
I get what your saying Johnny, thankx!

The Wagner's lived for free on Fred's property in Fred's mobile home:
845 Bethel Hill Rd, Lucasville, OH 45648.

Then they lived for free in the Peterson Rd. home that Fred gave "the boys" for, evidently, only one dollar according to a recent post.

They received $919.00 per month in food stamps and SS when the "boys" were little, then when the 2 grandkids lived with them they would have gotten more State assistance.

Then they worked for Fred and she easily could pay them under the table. Think about it-- you have a litter of pigs, a litter of dogs, a foal is born, etc... and you sell several for cash only and don't declare it. No one is the wiser. Much of the profit can go to your son to support his family. Why not? They all work for you and are essentially your employees and there are ways around the IRS and the State if you have to be creative in how you pay them.

Do I think, like you, that they maybe had a racketeering ploy going on? Yes, possible because there was an undercurrent of drugs that they likely were involved with, they seemed to live beyond their means, and the Wagner's have done other illegal things according to:

MAX LONDBERG, CHRIS GRAVES | CINCINNATI ENQUIRER
5:23 p.m. EST Nov. 17, 2018

Pike County: Father accused in Rhoden massacre faced prior felonies

"...The father accused of eight counts of murder in the Rhoden family massacre in Pike County once pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property taken from a high school and various construction businesses, according to court records.

George Washington "Billy" Wagner III, 47, has faced several prior felony counts in past cases, but due to a plea agreement and dropped charges, he avoided becoming a felon. Years before, in 2001, Wagner was the subject of a Pike County Sheriff's Office investigation after various power tools, dirt bikes and other items went missing from Eastern High School and from lumber, electric and hardwood stores.

Deputies obtained a search warrant for the mobile home where Billy Wagner lived, in the 800 block of Bethel Hill Road, about 20 miles from the school.

They found power tools and other items identified as stolen in a shed and a red horse trailer parked on the property, according to court records.

#1.) In all, the sheriff's office recovered two dirt bikes and various power tools: saws, paint, drills and a generator.

#2.) Years later, in 2009, Billy and Angela Wagner were charged with felony tampering with evidence, but those charges were later dismissed.

#3.) Less is known about the case, in which the pair was ordered to have no contact with Rocky Mountain Boot Company.

A criminal complaint alleged they altered, destroyed, concealed or removed evidence in an investigation... " Sound familiar?

Last edited:
Opinion

The Wagner's lived for free on Fred's property in Fred's mobile home:
845 Bethel Hill Rd, Lucasville, OH 45648.

Then they lived for free in the Peterson Rd. home that Fred gave "the boys" for, evidently, only one dollar according to a recent post.

They received $919.00 per month in food stamps and SS when the "boys" were little, then when the 2 grandkids lived with them they would have gotten more State assistance.

Then they worked for Fred and she easily could pay them under the table. Think about it-- you have a litter of pigs, a litter of dogs, a foal is born, etc... and you sell several for cash only and don't declare it. No one is the wiser. Much of the profit can go to your son to support his family. Why not? They all work for you and are essentially your employees and there are ways around the IRS and the State if you have to be creative in how you pay them.

Do I think, like you, that they maybe had a racketeering ploy going on? Yes, possible because there was an undercurrent of drugs that they likely were involved with, they seemed to live beyond their means, and the Wagner's have done other illegal things according to:

"...The father accused of eight counts of murder in the Rhoden family massacre in Pike County once pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property taken from a high school and various construction businesses, according to court records.

George Washington "Billy" Wagner III, 47, has faced several prior felony counts in past cases, but due to a plea agreement and dropped charges, he avoided becoming a felon. Years before, in 2001, Wagner was the subject of a Pike County Sheriff's Office investigation after various power tools, dirt bikes and other items went missing from Eastern High School and from lumber, electric and hardwood stores.

Deputies obtained a search warrant for the mobile home where Billy Wagner lived, in the 800 block of Bethel Hill Road, about 20 miles from the school.

They found power tools and other items identified as stolen in a shed and a red horse trailer parked on the property, according to court records.

#1.) In all, the sheriff's office recovered two dirt bikes and various power tools: saws, paint, drills and a generator.

#2.) Years later, in 2009, Billy and Angela Wagner were charged with felony tampering with evidence, but those charges were later dismissed.

#3.) Less is known about the case, in which the pair was ordered to have no contact with Rocky Mountain Boot Company.

A criminal complaint alleged they altered, destroyed, concealed or removed evidence in an investigation... " Sound familiar?

How do you know that they were receiving those 2 forms of assistance and that amount? Was it in the paper, court documents or a public database? I am not being argumentative. I am just curious how this info is known and if it's accurate.

How do you know that they were receiving those 2 forms of assistance and that amount? Was it in the paper, court documents or a public database? I am not being argumentative. I am just curious how this info is known and if it's accurate.

You must have missed it because I did link my information to this article:

"...The same year he was indicted, Billy Wagner filed for bankruptcy. His wife is also named in the filing made in federal court in the Southern District of Ohio.

Their assets were listed at about $2,500, and their liabilities at about $10,000, including almost $2,500 owed to Sears for clothing, $500 in medical bills and $325 in unpaid utility bills.

Their only monthly income listed was $530 in Social Security payments and $389 in food stamps..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa