Thoughts on Daylight Saving Time...

...It wreaks havoc with people’s sleep cycles. Heart attacks increase 24 percent in the week after the U.S. “springs forward” in March. There’s even an uptick during the week in November when the clocks “fall back.” ...

Very interesting. When I took my blood pressure at 10:00 this morning, my heartrate was 81 - within normal limits (60-100) but much higher than my usual pulse in the 50s or 60s. I didn't record the 10:00 numbers but took BP at noon when my heartrate had dropped to 72. Still a little high for me but definitely better than 81.

It's time, once again, to set clocks, light-timers, watches, etc. forward one hour. We do the reverse in the fall and set such devices back one hour. Tonight, we "lose" an hour of sleep but will "gain" it back in the fall when we return to Standard Time.

Love it or hate it? Nuisance or worthwhile? What do you think of Daylight Saving Time?
I don’t care which way they choose, but pick one and stop the madness!

I was exhausted all day, came home, dropped dead, took a nap, now, it is 12:35 am, and I can't sleep.

Hate Daylight Savings.

I was exhausted all day, came home, dropped dead, took a nap, now, it is 12:35 am, and I can't sleep.

Hate Daylight Savings.

I overslept, dragged all day, and today is about the same.

I do not like this change :confused:

Lawmakers pursue uphill bid to rid Michigan of daylight saving time

Lansing — Twice a year, Marv Rubingh's dairy farm in Ellsworth has what he likes to call a case of "mad cows."

But the bovine bluster in March and November isn't so much a result of disease as much as it is linked to a federally required time change that delays the northern Michigan cows from milking, Rubingh told lawmakers Thursday in the House Commerce and Tourism Committee.

“You’ve heard of mad cows,” Rubingh said. “Mine are mad every fall when they have to wait another hour before they get relieved of their milk pressure.”

Rubingh's testimony came as some Michigan lawmakers Thursday pushed again for a bill to rid the state of its biannual time change...

I vote to leave the time as it is now. This changing back and forth is ridiculous, IMO. Can you imagine the amount of lost productivity in the workforce as employees adjust to the change each year?

Hey everyone, fun reading everyone's thoughts. I, for one, would like year around daylight savings time. I hate changing all of the clocks, and love the extra daylight at night. It is cooler, and you can work in the garden, on the yard, etc. I live in Florida and hoping they pass year around daylight savings. Just my personal opinion. Thanks, all. Katt

Interesting to read everyone's thoughts. I live in Arizona so it doesn't affect me until I want to call my people in Michigan and it's too late, or my people in California, and it's too early. I can't recall it being that big of a deal - not to the extent that I lost sleep, etc. Wow, amazing the things we take for granted. I'd go with the consensus on this one.

I have narcolepsy and it makes it so much harder for about a month each time! I don’t care which way... just pick one please :)

I do not like Daylight Saving Time either. Finally …

Abstract from an newspaper article:
"The European Union has voted to end the obligatory one-hour clock change which extends daylight hours during the summer. The backed proposal will be implemented from 2021 when EU countries will choose either summer or winter time."
and
"This online consultation, which ran from 4 July to 16 August 2018, received 4.6 million responses from all 28 Member States, the highest number of responses ever received in any Commission public consultation. According to the preliminary results 84% of respondents are in favor of putting an end to the bi-annual clock change."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back