OH - 10 killed including Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Agree on CB, that seems improper. For all we know Connor could be behind the Jordan "persona" also.
Jordan Cofer instagram account posted personal photos from the Missoula, Montana resort. The posts were liked by other staff. So it is real.

CB may have liked a few posts, using a BendyLikesToBattle account, but that is just a hunch. He had many aliases.

LE will collect all bullets and make sure. But I think the officers were all aiming only at CB, who was wearing clearly identifiable black hoodie and of course shooting a very obvious gun with huge magazine. Easy target.
*** seems police bullets did hit some people.
There were lots of people running around while they were shooting. It’s impressive that only 2 people were hit especially taking into account ricochets in such tight quarters.

Suspected Dayton shooter had cocaine, alcohol and anti-anxiety drugs in system, coroner says originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

A pipe device containing cocaine was also found in the pocket of Connor Betts, the coroner, Dr. Kent E. Harshbarger, announced on Thursday
Suspected Dayton shooter had cocaine, alcohol and anti-anxiety drugs in system, coroner says
I do believe the surveillance video of him waking behind the alley with the backpack of a gun, you can see a smoke cloud after he put his hand to his mouth. He must have smoked cocaine minutes before

In the surveillance videos, there were 6 police officers shooting at CB from all directions. And you can see that there were many people running all around, and occasionally in front of police. I pray, pray, pray that none of those bullets were from a police officer. Really there was no other way to put down this guy that "out gunned" the police officers. I just hope for the officers sake and sanity they don't have to have that on their conscious.
If a person was hit by a ricochet from a stray bullet that could explain how it happened, if it was found to be an officer's bullet. Even though it would be devastating for the officer, nothing could have prevented it, imo.

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear about any
treatment CB got throughout his life and also
what drug treatment he was given as he was growing up.
Surely he must have had some psychological
counseling.

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear about any
treatment CB got throughout his life and also
what drug treatment he was given as he was growing up.
Surely he must have had some psychological
counseling.
I'm sure we will at some point. Not sure if it will be years later when the documents are made public like in previous cases though.

If a person was hit by a ricochet from a stray bullet that could explain how it happened, if it was found to be an officer's bullet. Even though it would be devastating for the officer, nothing could have prevented it, imo.
Well, nothing could have prevented it except somehow keeping CB from obtaining an assault rifle and large quantities of ammo...sigh...

The school district doesn’t want those records released because, while the shooter may be dead, all the people who let things slide all those years are still here.
This is sounding so similar to Parkland HS and
the school system there. And the LE agencies
which also glossed over the problems in HS.

Again, there are so many here with potentially
blood on their hands from not accessing
help and therapy when he was younger and
possibly still reachable.

Tristan Wix made plans to commit a mass shooting and he hoped to ‘kill up to 100 people’ and ‘have fun’ while doing it, sheriff says

DAYTONA BEACH — Tristan Wix sent threatening texts to his ex-girlfriend, but they weren’t about harming her, deputies said.

Instead, the Daytona Beach man described to her his intent to commit a mass shooting, Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood told the media Saturday.

Wix’s ex-girlfriend reported the texts to law enforcement and Wix, 25, was taken into custody Friday afternoon outside a grocery store in Daytona Beach Shores, according to the Sheriff’s Office. He remains held without bail at the Volusia County Branch Jail on a charge of making threats to commit a mass shooting.

“An ex-girlfriend gets alarming text messages from her ex-boyfriend talking about how he wants to be the next prolific shooter,” Chitwood said. “He wants to kill up to 100 people (and) he wants to die and have fun while he’s dying.”

Authorities searched Wix’s apartment and discovered a hunting rifle with about 400 rounds of ammunition, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Deputies said they are still checking the suspect’s criminal background and social media accounts.

Chitwood called the woman who reported the texts a “hero” and described Wix as having a “psychotic” personality.

“Even in his interview (with detectives), he talked in the third person, never in the first person,” the sheriff said.

In his texts, Wix stated that he didn’t want to target a school, describing it as a “week target,” deputies said. Instead, he was “more likely to open fire on a large crowd of people from over 3 miles away” and that he wanted to break a record for the most kills by a mass shooter
according to the Sheriff’s Office.

In another text he wrote, “A good 100 kills would be nice. I already have a location ... is that bad?” detectives said.

Chitwood said Wix never identified the location he had in mind.
Volusia sheriff: Ex-girlfriend reported Daytona man's threatening texts about mass shooting

Connor Betts, the Bellbrook man who killed nine and injured 20 during the Aug. 4 shooting in the Oregon District, had receipts for mental health counseling on his person during the attack, according to preliminary autopsy reports and documentation at the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office.

Betts had three receipts for mental health counseling services written on paper from a receipt pad. Two of the three receipts had identifiable dates – April 5 and June 10. The receipts were each for $50.

Montgomery County Coroner Dr. Kent Harshbarger said at a press conference on Thursday Betts was carrying a bag of cocaine that had a straw inserted and was tied off, as well as a vaping pipe. Harshbarger also said Betts had tested positive for Xanax, alcohol, and cocaine during his autopsy.

Coroner: Oregon District shooter had drugs in system

Betts was shot 24-26 times by police. The preliminary autopsy report stated he had over 30 entry, exit and re-entry wounds.

Betts was wearing a helmet, a Kevlar vest, and was brought down by police just outside the door of Ned Pepper’s where people went for shelter as Betts attacked.
Oregon District shooter was carrying receipts from mental therapy

Their funeral home manager should have explained to them that CB obituary is improper, and MB obituary should mention she became Jordan Cofer.
I’m iffy on them including the JC part, only because JC apparently never disclosed this to their parents and the public at large. I have very mixed feelings about this information being made public. Very.

In this article it talks about the breweries in and
around the District that CB shot up.
I recall seeing in his father's fb numerous, like
dozens and dozens, of photos of beer he was
drinking at different micro-breweries. The dad even named several micro-breweries he was trying out.
And remember his son was never with the dad.
I just wonder if the choice of location where CB
perpetrated this fatal shootout might be someplace
he chose because his dad frequented this area
and CB held some resentment that his dad went alone and CB was not invited or included.
There was no socialization between CB and his dad, at least almost no photos. Strange dynamics for a family living under the same roof.

I’m iffy on them including the JC part, only because JC apparently never disclosed this to their parents and the public at large. I have very mixed feelings about this information being made public. Very.
I feel ok about it being made public, because it was who Jordan really was. He was living a lie out of fear of rejection and shame from family, friends, and society in general. It’s my opinion that it is a way of honoring him.

I feel bad for their parents, but it really makes me wonder how their family relationships got so messed up that neither parent actually knew who either of their kids really were. (I don’t mean this as victim blaming - I am not saying the issues of the children were the parents’ fault.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back