Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the nature of the crimes I struggle with the relevance of the defence claims about PRs 'young children'. Firstly I would be surprised if his wife wanted him back under the circumstances. Secondly I'd be horrified if she wanted him anywhere near her sons. Thirdly even if she did I'd hope social services would have something to say.

Lastly he chose to commit crimes against other people's children. Without thinking of them or their parents. In doing so, surely he chose to risk his own family life. His poor children are safer without him.

Given the nature of the crimes I struggle with the relevance of the defence claims about PRs 'young children'. Firstly I would be surprised if his wife wanted him back under the circumstances. Secondly I'd be horrified if she wanted him anywhere near her sons. Thirdly even if she did I'd hope social services would have something to say.

Lastly he chose to commit crimes against other people's children. Without thinking of them or their parents. In doing so, surely he chose to risk his own family life. His poor children are safer without him.
Didn't he leave a 'calling card' beside a child's toy? Can't imagine anyone letting him near their children, wife, family or friends. JMO

I see it in his eyes in that mugshot. It makes me want to cry

Edited to add, sorry my musings are too random. Im talking about Libby. I have always believed it was him, i dont really believe in the power of psychic but looking at his mugshot is horrible his eyes tell me more than i want to know, without him being convicted.

Given how the police appear to have handled that case in particular, it doesn’t fill me with confidence with LS if I’m honest. Have they missed things etc?
OR did they, like her housemates, just not take it seriously? Poor lady.

I share your concerns about the LS case @motherofdaughters

I think the police have a lot to answer for here. It was mentioned a couple of times yesterday about how he was able to continue to offend because his fingerprints and DNA were not on police systems.

Now it looks like this wasn't taken seriously until her mother intervened.

I don't think these crimes are taken very seriously by LE but they are threatening and they can escalate. If only he'd been caught earlier.

Scene of crime officers collect forensic evidence, not police officers, which is why it wasn't done by the officer who first interviewed the victim. We don't know exactly how it was reported, if it was 'someone looked through my window when I was having sex', but the victim didn't rush to report it until the following morning, so it would have been needed to establish by police what happened before further investigation. And once they had collected fingerprints and DNA from this house, it wouldn't have been of any use to identify the perpetrator as at the time PR wasn't a known criminal with his details on any database. They would have had DNA and fingerprints from an unknown male and no match to anyone.

A lot of 20/20 hindsight in this case, methinks.

I’m sure it was said way back in a very early thread about the questionable ability of Humberside police?
They were in special measures or whatever it’s called for forces but I’ve just had a look and they were meeting all standards at Good since 2018

So if the police had on their files fingerprint and dna evidence of an unknown male who'd commited various sexually deviant crimes, what, I wonder, led them to arrest PR for kidnapping Libby and then making the dna match? Sorry if this has already been discussed since the trial and I haven't grasped the situation, but I assume it was spidercam and if so, that must mean the police are basically certain it was Libby getting into that car and that the driver was PR?
OR, is it that none of the fingerprint/dna evidence had been taken by the police until after they arrested PR?

So if the police had on their files fingerprint and dna evidence of an unknown male who'd commited various sexually deviant crimes, what, I wonder, led them to arrest PR for kidnapping Libby and then making the dna match? Sorry if this has already been discussed since the trial and I haven't grasped the situation, but I assume it was spidercam and if so, that must mean the police are basically certain it was Libby getting into that car and that the driver was PR?
OR, is it that none of the fingerprint/dna evidence had been taken by the police until after they arrested PR?

I think they arrested him because they had the CCTV of her getting into the car. Because they then seized his car and they will have found all the stuff he stole in the boot. I am sure then his DNA matched the other crimes. IMO they have no doubt she was in his car, they just have no evidence he harmed her.

Last edited:
I reckon that they had two strands to the initial investigation that happened to overlap:
1.Look at sexual offenders and offences within x distance of Wellesley Ave .Either they identified there had been no forensics done after 20th Jan incident or the Wellesley incident was only reported when police were doing door-to-door and forensics were done.
2.A trawl of CCTV in the area around where Libby was last seen showed PR’s car, they arrested him & took DNA swabs which subsequently matched forensics from Wellesley.

The match coupled with what was found in his car may have contributed to police being granted extra time for questioning imo.

I’d be interested to know whether the hammer/screwdriver found in the bush were to be used as exhibits for the cases which were in court last week but weren’t aired because of his guilty plea/cases being held on file. They’d have been aggravating factors in the planning/campaign/trespass narrative if they were positively identified as being his.

ETA the speed with which the police denied them having anything to do with Libby has always smacked of shutting down speculation

I also think it is possible he went to the police himself with the "i picked her up to help her story"..there was a short period where they requested the man in the car to come forward who helped her ..before they came forward ..its possible he thought he had been seen and it was him

I also think it is possible he went to the police himself with the "i picked her up to help her story"..there was a short period where they requested the man in the car to come forward who helped her ..before they came forward ..its possible he thought he had been seen and it was him

I had wondered that as well. Which would tie in with his sister saying he had helped a crying girl and took her home.

It’s possible

It's so frustrating but I really feel they have nothing on him as in ..imo as an example
He admits he picked her up
His car is on CCTV leaving the "general area of her house" at a time reasonable to be considered a drop off .
No abnormal body fluids of libby in his car

Obviously now we have that he is a convicted sex offender

I wonder if they are letting him stew over the weekend and will interview him this week ..and hope for a "you might as well come clean now" confession

Agreed but also they have seen more CCTV footage than we have and they were pretty sure that something happened in Oak Road playing fields - they kept going back there day after day and then released the CCTV footage from around there asking for help. I don’t think that just came from the witnesses saying they had heard screams and seen a man running away from there. There is a lot we don’t know. I just hope they can find a way to charge him.

He won’t confess; he only plead guilty to some of his crimes in the face of incontrovertible evidence. At least with an 81/2 yr sentence, he has the chance of going back to Poland whilst still relatively young. Admitting to a crime that carries a life sentence is very unlikely. I do agree that if the police are going to charge, it’ll be soon now that it’s been established he is a deviant sexual predator who preys on students

It's so frustrating but I really feel they have nothing on him as in ..imo as an example
He admits he picked her up
His car is on CCTV leaving the "general area of her house" at a time reasonable to be considered a drop off .
No abnormal body fluids of libby in his car

Obviously now we have that he is a convicted sex offender

I wonder if they are letting him stew over the weekend and will interview him this week ..and hope for a "you might as well come clean now" confession

I agree that he has admitted picking her up. But I reckon there must be some sort of evidence that at least one, if not both, were in the park that night. Remember when forensics turned up at the park bench (not Libby's bench - had enough bench confusion in previous threads!) and put down evidence markers and took photos? I think PR admitted to being there, at the bench, whether with Libby or by himself.

Thing is, even if he has admitted being with her, even if he said they were in the park, even if he alleged consensual sex, and he said at the end of whatever he didn't see her again... they can't prove he actually killed her.

Thing is, even if he has admitted being with her, even if he said they were in the park, even if he alleged consensual sex, and he said at the end of whatever he didn't see her again... they can't prove he actually killed her.

That is exactly what I have thought the whole time - that he said something happened possibly consensual sex on that bench in the park and she ran off after or he went home and didn’t see her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288