OH - 10 killed including Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019 #2

To us, CB looks like some kind of monster. His mother, however, is undoubtedly still trying to grapple with how that beautiful son she once held in her arms grew up to be the person who killed his own sister and numerous other people that he didn't even know, much less have a grudge against.

Maybe the photo was her way of remembering how at some point in the past, she believed she had an ideal family that included loving siblings.

Unlike the Daily Mail, I won't judge her. She's living out the worst hell on earth any person could suffer.

To us, CB looks like some kind of monster. His mother, however, is undoubtedly still trying to grapple with how that beautiful son she once held in her arms grew up to be the person who killed his own sister and numerous other people that he didn't even know, much less have a grudge against.

Maybe the photo was her way of remembering how at some point in the past, she believed she had an ideal family that included loving siblings.

Unlike the Daily Mail, I won't judge her. She's living out the worst hell on earth any person could suffer.

I had a really wild kid. He got in trouble. He miraculously improved, but it took him years. We had him going to psychiatrists for years and I was labeled, "The crazy one" for worrying to much. It went on and on. Our concerns were ignored. Even after he got in legal trouble. The school expelled him, then after 3 months took him back and acted like "he was OK". Then he got into drugs and ONLY when a drug test came positive did his psychiatrist do something. At that point he was huffing gasoline. (We had locked everything else up...yet we did not think he would get gasoline from the car and huff it) He went into rehab, but it it took him several years to improve.

Hmm I do not know what to make of the mental health counseling receipts that CB had on his body at the time of the shooting. Why would you carry around these receipts from months ago? Is it a statement?
That is my hunch, supported by his own social media comments.

Reactions: nao
Connor Betts, the Bellbrook man who killed nine and injured 20 during the Aug. 4 shooting in the Oregon District, had receipts for mental health counseling on his person during the attack, according to preliminary autopsy reports and documentation at the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office.

Betts had three receipts for mental health counseling services written on paper from a receipt pad. Two of the three receipts had identifiable dates – April 5 and June 10. The receipts were each for $50.

Montgomery County Coroner Dr. Kent Harshbarger said at a press conference on Thursday Betts was carrying a bag of cocaine that had a straw inserted and was tied off, as well as a vaping pipe. Harshbarger also said Betts had tested positive for Xanax, alcohol, and cocaine during his autopsy.

Coroner: Oregon District shooter had drugs in system

Betts was shot 24-26 times by police. The preliminary autopsy report stated he had over 30 entry, exit and re-entry wounds.

Betts was wearing a helmet, a Kevlar vest, and was brought down by police just outside the door of Ned Pepper’s where people went for shelter as Betts attacked.
Oregon District shooter was carrying receipts from mental therapy

Interesting. Is this saying I tried to get help, even recently, to no avail? Continued drug use in my guess is going to inhibit mental health treatment. Food for thought as to why he was carrying these receipts.

Jmo.

Interesting. Is this saying I tried to get help, even recently, to no avail? Continued drug use in my guess is going to inhibit mental health treatment. Food for thought as to why he was carrying these receipts.

Jmo.
or they were just STILL in the pocket of his hoodie or jacket since the visits.
Interesting that the receipts were for 'only' $50. each, would that be the co-pay for the
family's insurance? If so, maybe he was warned by parent to 'keep the receipts'.

or they were just STILL in the pocket of his hoodie or jacket since the visits.
Interesting that the receipts were for 'only' $50. each, would that be the co-pay for the
family's insurance? If so, maybe he was warned by parent to 'keep the receipts'.

It sure sounds like a copay unless he was allowed to make payments but that seems unlikely. He could have had them and even other receipts in his wallet or jacket, it does seem odd though that those were receipts that he did have on him.

Jmo.

As a mother who's lost a child I appreciate and agree with your post. She's grieving her loss and not thinking of the how or why. Only that her children are gone forever. I think the media should leave her alone and give her a moment to grieve. All the other can wait a day for heaven's sake. For the rest of her life she will relive this tragedy and mourn all the people who were lost. People/press sometimes can be selfish and heartless for their own gain.

I’m iffy on them including the JC part, only because JC apparently never disclosed this to their parents and the public at large. I have very mixed feelings about this information being made public. Very.
Me too. Very. Outing someone after death (and good intentions or not that’s exactly what happened here) is not cool. Not cool at all.

As a mother who's lost a child I appreciate and agree with your post. She's grieving her loss and not thinking of the how or why. Only that her children are gone forever. I think the media should leave her alone and give her a moment to grieve. All the other can wait a day for heaven's sake. For the rest of her life she will relive this tragedy and mourn all the people who were lost. People/press sometimes can be selfish and heartless for their own gain.

Yeah the pain these parents must feel is almost beyond imagination. I’ve seen some media coverage of the mother of one of the Columbine killers and thought ‘wow, hard to imagine a worse experience for a parent...’ but this character managed to come up with it for his own parents!

Me too. Very. Outing someone after death (and good intentions or not that’s exactly what happened here) is not cool. Not cool at all.

But she was ‘out’ publicly on SM and to at least some friends. It’s not like ideas were fished from her diary & spread around.

Still tho, if she could have known her life’s story was going to end in this terrible public tragedy, you have to wonder which identity she would’ve chosen to be remembered by. It’s an impossible question to feel certain one is getting right.

'This is disgusting'; Company debuts Stoneman Douglas school shooting hoodie :(

September 17, 2019

"NEW YORK - A clothing company is facing massive backlash after debuting "school shooting hoodies," including a version that features Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Bstroy, a company which describes itself as a neo-native menswear design house, unveiled the hoodies at a show over the weekend.

The hoodies, which include bullet holes, showcase various schools where students have died in mass shootings.

Along with Stoneman Douglas, other schools include Sandy Hook, Columbine and Virginia Tech.

According to Paper, the company released an artist statement which read, "Sometimes life can be painfully ironic,"

"Like the irony of dying violently in a place you considered to be a safe, controlled environment, like school. We are reminded all the time of life's fragility, shortness, and unpredictability yet we are also reminded of its infinite potential."

People upset with the hoodies bombarded the company's Instagram page with negative comments...."

'This is disgusting'; Company debuts Stoneman Douglas school shooting hoodie

"NEW YORK - A clothing company is facing massive backlash after debuting "school shooting hoodies,"
People upset with the hoodies bombarded the company's Instagram page with negative comments...."
Such products should really be ignored. The company was counting on such articles and resulting notoriety to sell these hoodies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back