Found Deceased Canada - Ryan Provencher, 38, & Richard Scurr, 37, jeep found abandoned, Surrey, B.C, 17 July 2019

Logan Lake, where they ended up, is not close to Lucas & Chynna or the two teens...What this is close to though, is Merritt, where Ben Tyner went missing last January and Dean Morrison several years ago. I'm not saying there is any connection, just that this area has been in the news before.

Now that there is a lull in the BS/KM case, I was browsing the CBC and found this story mentioning all four:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...appearances-of-4-men-somehow-linked-1.5232132

Thanks for the update. It clears up who was driving. From your link:

Police suspect foul play may be a factor in the disappearance of two missing men from Surrey due to the length of time they have been missing.

Richard Scurr, 37, and his friend Ryan Provencher, 38, were last seen getting into a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee in Surrey on July 17. Provencher was driving the Jeep while Scurr was in the passenger seat. Neither man has been seen or heard from since.

On Aug. 2 police executed a search warrant on a rural property in Spences Bridge — where police believe the pair was travelling to on July 17 — in an effort to find evidence that could help in their investigation.

“This property is the location of a business associated to Ryan Provencher, and investigators believe the two men were travelling to this location before this disappearance,” reads a release from the Surrey RCMP.

Thanks for the update. It clears up who was driving. From your link:

Police suspect foul play may be a factor in the disappearance of two missing men from Surrey due to the length of time they have been missing.

Richard Scurr, 37, and his friend Ryan Provencher, 38, were last seen getting into a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee in Surrey on July 17. Provencher was driving the Jeep while Scurr was in the passenger seat. Neither man has been seen or heard from since.

On Aug. 2 police executed a search warrant on a rural property in Spences Bridge — where police believe the pair was travelling to on July 17 — in an effort to find evidence that could help in their investigation.

“This property is the location of a business associated to Ryan Provencher, and investigators believe the two men were travelling to this location before this disappearance,” reads a release from the Surrey RCMP.

oh no, it sounds like a possible business deal gone bad.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/surrey-missing-men-investigation-1.5235402
Aug 02, 2019
"'Everybody's devastated'

Provencher's sister, Amber Provencher, said she remains in contact with RCMP every day.

"They haven't found anything," she said.

"All I know is that they were planning on going up towards Spences Bridge and we've not heard from them since. And that was two weeks ago."

Provencher said her family is now trying to cope with not knowing what happened.

"Everybody's devastated. And he has a daughter, she's a year and a half. We're hoping to find some answers, that's for sure."

Anyone with information about the disappearance of these men is asked to contact Surrey RCMP."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/surrey-missing-men-investigation-1.5235402
Aug 02, 2019
"'Everybody's devastated'

Provencher's sister, Amber Provencher, said she remains in contact with RCMP every day.

"They haven't found anything," she said.

"All I know is that they were planning on going up towards Spences Bridge and we've not heard from them since. And that was two weeks ago."

Provencher said her family is now trying to cope with not knowing what happened.

"Everybody's devastated. And he has a daughter, she's a year and a half. We're hoping to find some answers, that's for sure."

Anyone with information about the disappearance of these men is asked to contact Surrey RCMP."

How crazy hard this must be on the families. Regardless of the circumstances I hope they find some answers soon.

Last edited:
Unfortunately they were found deceased:

The RCMP says the bodies of two missing men from Surrey were discovered Saturday afternoon near Spences Bridge.

Missing men found dead - BC News

ETA: "the circumstances at the scene led police believe the deaths involve criminality"

https://www.vicnews.com/news/bodies-of-two-missing-surrey-men-found-near-ashcroft-rcmp/

This was expected, but always unexpected... Sad news! RIP Provencher and Scurr. Condolences to their families.

This was expected, but always unexpected... Sad news! RIP Provencher and Scurr. Condolences to their families.
Sad news, though expected. Stating criminality likely involved. I believe that probably is the case. Now it becomes a murder investigation, along with some other missing persons in or around that area.

Last edited:
The coroner has opened an investigation and police believe the deaths “involve and element of criminality,” according to an RCMP statement.

Court database shows that a Richard Scurr of the same age as the Scurr who went missing in July has a lengthy criminal history from the early 2000s, including assault and possession of drugs.

A person by the name of Ryan Provencher, also the same age as the Ryan Provencher was reported missing, has a history of driving tickets including speeding and driving a vehicle or trailer that was uninsured. He was also found guilty of an assault in 2018.

The investigation is being led by the Southeast District Major Crime Unit, with assistance from Ashcroft and Lytton RCMP Detachments.
Bodies of two missing Surrey men recovered about 80 kilometre drive from their Jeep in rural B.C. | The Star

The coroner has opened an investigation and police believe the deaths “involve and element of criminality,” according to an RCMP statement.

Court database shows that a Richard Scurr of the same age as the Scurr who went missing in July has a lengthy criminal history from the early 2000s, including assault and possession of drugs.

A person by the name of Ryan Provencher, also the same age as the Ryan Provencher was reported missing, has a history of driving tickets including speeding and driving a vehicle or trailer that was uninsured. He was also found guilty of an assault in 2018.

The investigation is being led by the Southeast District Major Crime Unit, with assistance from Ashcroft and Lytton RCMP Detachments.
Bodies of two missing Surrey men recovered about 80 kilometre drive from their Jeep in rural B.C. | The Star

Not that this matters but, in case people want to google the location where their bodies were found at, was near Rannie Pit Road and not "Rennie Pit Road", as the article states.

My condolences to both these families.
Sad news.
I kept hoping for the best.
A moment of silence.
Rest Easy Ryan and Richard.
Prayers to families.
I wait for JUSTICE.
Nobody deserves this senseless end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online