Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police are faced with having no evidence to suggest she didn't do it herself (as far as we know). Neither has Brennan got any. There is evidence that suggests she did do it herself.

But in that same line of thinking what evidence is there that the parents weren’t involved? Just playing devil’s advocate. It seems like the authorities just took their word for it and there was no investigating them. I’m sure there is plenty we don’t know though, so maybe they did investigate them. But i’d like to know how they were ruled out and have more of a light shined on that so that there is no reason to wonder. Just like a light was shined on the abductor theory.

It's not the lack of suspicion that bothers me - so many cases involve family that parents (generally) should be investigated. But having found out Nora was alive for several days, how could the parents, logistically, have done anything? They had police and media all over them from the first day.

If they left her in the jungle alive for some strange reason, they'd run the risk of her telling someone what they did. Which leaves what, they sold her? Arranged a weird "hit"? Went for a midnight walk and lost her but then decided they'd all lie and use the window story?

I just don't get how on earth it could have panned out with Nora being alive for so long. If they'd found her there dead, on day one, we could perhaps be more suspicious that there was a cover up. It's. Just. All. So. WEIRD!

But in that same line of thinking what evidence is there that the parents weren’t involved? Just playing devil’s advocate. It seems like the authorities just took their word for it and there was no investigating them. I’m sure there is plenty we don’t know though, so maybe they did investigate them. But i’d like to know how they were ruled out and have more of a light shined on that so that there is no reason to wonder. Just like a light was shined on the abductor theory.
Me too. I'd like to know as much as is possible too but if Malaysian police are like the British they don't have to explain anything to the public. It's going to be frustrating because this case has gripped me too. Obsessed me, maybe.

Help me out here.....how can anyone think it is the parents? So some people think they starved their daughter and left her out in the jungle? I don't even understand what the theory would be there. And the other two kids just keep quiet and don't say what went on?

*edit* covermecagney said it better than me.

Last edited:
Thankfully I think by now most people don't pay much attention to those who publish their theories only in the wild west of facebook. She'll get an audience there but no credibility.
Why be so quick to discredit this child advocates claims? Don't we also advocate for the victim here on WSs, the victim being Nora. How many missing children’s cases do we have threads for here in which the parent was ultimately found to be the perpetrator? Many of which were not nearly as mysteriously questionable as this one, IMO.

Why is this case being looked at and treated so differently than all those other cases, because it took place In Malaysia? Because Nora was handicapped?
I mean, why?

Malaysian authorities have never said anything about them clearing the parents, and there was never any evidence there was an intruder or abduction .

I hope we haven’t become so misguided here that we refuse to look at all possibilities. I think most of at least agree it’s highly unlikely, if not impossible, that Nora made it to where she was found on her own.
If there was no evidence of abduction or other such as sexual assault, the other remaining possibility simply can’t be ignored. JMO

Justice for Nora

Cops looking into lawyer’s claim that Nora Anne’s family involved in her death

Last edited:
Ms Brennan does herself no favours when she tries to put forward theories without even having taken the time to get her basic facts right.......details such as when the parents married, how they individually arrived into Malaysia etc....

Why be so quick to discredit this child advocates claims? Don't we also advocate for the victim here on WSs, the victim being Nora. How many missing children’s cases do we have threads for here in which the parent was ultimately found to be the perpetrator? Many of which were not nearly as mysteriously questionable as this one, IMO.

Why is this case being looked at and treated so differently than all those other cases, because it took place In Malaysia? Because Nora was handicapped?
I mean, why?

Malaysian authorities have never said anything about them clearing the parents, and there was never any evidence there was an intruder or abduction .

I hope we haven’t become so misguided here that we refuse to look at all possibilities. I think most of at least agree it’s highly unlikely, if not impossible, that Nora made it to where she was found on her own.
If there was no evidence of abduction or other such as sexual assault, the other remaining possibility simply can’t be ignored. JMO

Justice for Nora

BBM

Actually, I am of the opinion she did make it to the recovery location on her own.

I mean, why?

Justice for Nora

I don't think anyone's ignoring it. But even a brief investigation reveals Brennan isn't sticking to the facts in her theorising, as Alyce just pointed out. It's easy to go on facebook and say "Malaysian police said that Nora did not go alone" and people will go "Omg!" and give her likes, and so it goes on and on. I've read this forum for years, but haven't posted much. It's much to be admired that here, unlike facebook, you stick to the facts.

I mean, why?

Justice for Nora

I have never ever seen a case where the police don’t acknowledge clearing the people closest to the victim, so I cannot help but think they simply took the parents at their word. And, I mean, maybe their word is the 100% truth. It very well could be! But how does anyone know?

How is when they married relevant? Or when they arrived in country. All that really matters is when they arrived at Dusun. Everything prior to that point is irrelevant IMO, or at least doesn’t discredit her.

She is the one who chooses to mention these details and she did make them pertinent to her theories.
I am not going to quote , on here, why she used mentioned these *facts* ...am sure you can or have read her posts and can see the relevance she attaches to them.

But my wider point, which you have perhaps missed, is that if she
cannot get even the basic facts right, then why would anyone be inclined to believe the rest of her comments.

BBM

Actually, I am of the opinion she did make it to the recovery location on her own.

It’s very possible she did. Based on the description of Nora on day one or two by the mom, I believe this because looking young, being unable to understand, etc, doesn’t mean she couldn’t get there. I think she just walked out the door for whatever reason. Maybe she thought it was the parents’ bedroom and once outside was confused.

But how does her getting there on her own reconcile with the family saying she couldn’t have done it? I think they may have even said it was impossible, or there was NO WAY, but I can’t remember for sure. They spent 9 days insisting it wasn’t possible and the LBT guy speaking for them said how frustrating the search in the jungle was since they knew she couldn’t possibly be there. I don’t know. I can’t understand why they would not want that extensive jungle search and only wanted the cops to investigate from a kidnapping perspective. It just doesn’t make sense.

How is when they married relevant? Or when they arrived in country. All that really matters is when they arrived at Dusun. Everything prior to that point is irrelevant IMO, or at least doesn’t discredit her.
I think it is highly relevant.If someone wishes to make comments about a case they should research all aspects of the case and check the information they post is accurate.As a lawyer she should know this.

Posting info which is easily proven inaccurate discredits her. imo

I’ve only read the article, so I don’t know what she posted or where to find it.

But if posting info that is wrong discredits her, doesn’t the same go for the rest of the players in the story?

It's an indication that facts don't matter that much to her. Her motivation may well come from the very best place - as Neesaki says: "Don't we also advocate for the victim?", and Nora is the victim, her parents aren't - but facts are important. If she did say "Malaysian police said that Nora did not go alone", you can't take what she says seriously after that, can you?

She is the one who chooses to mention these details and she did make them pertinent to her theories.
I am not going to quote , on here, why she used mentioned these *facts* ...am sure you can or have read her posts and can see the relevance she attaches to them.

But my wider point, which you have perhaps missed, is that if she
cannot get even the basic facts right, then why would anyone be inclined to believe the rest of her comments.

Were they in the article? I read it but don’t recall that, so I might have missed something important there. Regardless of what her theories are, I am only addressing how or why people might be questioning the way this all played out, since someone asked how they could possibly be involved or why anyone would suggest such a thing.

DBM - my info may be incorrect

Last edited:
Were they in the article? I read it but don’t recall that, so I might have missed something important there. Regardless of what her theories are, I am only addressing how or why people might be questioning the way this all played out, since someone asked how they could possibly be involved or why anyone would suggest such a thing.
I think when the first news of the case broke and people heard parents saying abduction from a holiday house they were thinking about another case so were suspicious about family involvement.
As more facts were given and particularly when Nora was found and it was stated how long she survived before death,people excluded this theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123