Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:
Myrtle Beach Police Department

Myrtle Beach Police Department
10 minutes ago
We still need your help to identify the people in the photos. We located the vehicle from this morning's assault and are still working to locate the victim. Her safety is our priority right now, and we are asking our community for help.

65691263_2708345456058374_3995386382141882368_n.jpg

Wonder if some of the accessories in Brittanee's assault in the stash house decided to carry on their friend's activity , since he is unable to fetch them a girl ?

Brittanee Drexel: Is the FBI skeptical of its jailhouse informant?

"MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WHEC) -- It was nearly three months ago that News10NBC was in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, to mark 10 years since the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel.

On April 25, 2009, Drexel, a Chili teen, vanished while on spring break in Myrtle Beach. In 2016, the FBI said she fell victim to human trafficking.

In April, we broke new information about a second location in which a jailhouse informant claims he saw Drexel after she was abducted, but the FBI acknowledges it has yet to fully search that location and Drexel's mother wants to know why.

"I don't know why they haven't done it. I know they should do it, " said Dawn Pleckan, Brittanee's mother..."

popping back in for Brittanee i will never give up hope of a conviction and find her remains she was the first case who touched me and got me to web sleuths
i saw that interview with brown, if he indeed did pass his lie detector test its information that shouldn't have been something he held onto for so long but i appreciate him giving up the info even if its only for a sentence reduction
what can i say i still find her last days harrowing and unimaginable, i dont understand what type of human can take someone, sexually abuse them and hit them, drug them up and then shoot them in the head with no care in the world
its so alien its hard to wrap my head around but its horrible

Brittanee Drexel: Is the FBI skeptical of its jailhouse informant?

"MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WHEC) -- It was nearly three months ago that News10NBC was in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, to mark 10 years since the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel.

On April 25, 2009, Drexel, a Chili teen, vanished while on spring break in Myrtle Beach. In 2016, the FBI said she fell victim to human trafficking.

In April, we broke new information about a second location in which a jailhouse informant claims he saw Drexel after she was abducted, but the FBI acknowledges it has yet to fully search that location and Drexel's mother wants to know why.

"I don't know why they haven't done it. I know they should do it, " said Dawn Pleckan, Brittanee's mother..."

Further from this article:

News10NBC has spoken with Brown from prison over the past several months. He agreed to allow us to broadcast some of those conversations.

Brown told News10NBC he saw Drexel on at least four occasions shortly after she disappeared -- first at a stash house in McClellanville, South Carolina, and then at a now-abandoned trailer in Jacksonboro, South Carolina. The trailer is about 130 miles away from where Drexel was vacationing in Myrtle Beach.

The trailer belonged to Brown's cousin Herman, who has since died.

"She was sitting in his house in a recliner and she still had the black eye," said Brown.

Brown says he witnessed Drexel's murder at the trailer. He claims he walked up to see a group of men outside with Drexel, including a man he only identified as "Nate."

"Nate shot her with a double-barrel shotgun..." said Brown."...after she was killed, some of her remains were buried in a garden area and after some time went by, they removed it from the garden area." Brittanee Drexel: Is the FBI skeptical of its jailhouse informant?

This sounds like people are starting to talk.

Read more here: https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article229623054.html#storylink=cpy

The FBI took over the investigation in 2016, and a series of jailhouse informants led to new information in the case.

as well as:

Ten years later, FBI not giving up on Brittanee Drexel case

FBI agents say they are working to solve the case as diligently now as investigators were a decade ago.

“It is a priority case for us, and we receive leads constantly, consistently in this case that we investigate down to the bare bone and ferret other information out of that,” said FBI Special Agent Don Wood.

Wood said, even after 10 years, leads still come in.

“It’s incredible,” he said. “People still call us with very credible leads that we follow up on and develop other information from.”

Bumping this thread. It's so sad the attention surrounding the 10-year anniversary of Brittanee's disappearance has faded, and the case has been relegated back into the shadows of people's minds. I really hope the FBI wasn't just paying lip service to the people still searching for answers and justice in this case, and the anniversary has generated some new leads which are being followed up.

I keep wondering about the "evidence" the private investigator has in the safe. He claims it was "cadaver dogs" which hit on something at that spot, and that physical evidence was recovered related to Brittanee's case. Based on what Chad D has stated in the past, it can be assumed her DNA was lifted from whatever it was they found, and that Da'Shaun had some role in leading them to that spot. I doubt it was any part of Brittanee's physical remains (since that would be a huge discovery, be proof of death, and probably be enough to get arrests), but it had to be something which contained or came into contact with decaying human remains (not necessarily Brittanee's) at some point to trigger the cadaver dogs. Seems most likely it was some sort of blanket/tarp/rug that was used to wrap Brittanee's body after she was killed. And it seems like the kind of detail that could be matched up to Brown's original story from the stash house to either corroborate or refute it. After all, he did claim he witnessed a body wrapped up and taken away.

In the meantime, isn't it about time for Da'Shaun to get out of his grandma's house and go spend some quality time in prison??

This is the case that makes me question the existence of God , honestly it does , I just don't get it for one of those tickets alone I would be put UNDER the jail and .. he just roams ...they all do , FREE to do it again as I'm sure it's happened before Brittanee , as a mother they only thing I could think is over and over "why didn't you listen to me " which in its self has to be the worst feeling and right behind it is "I'm sorry it s not your fault" I imagine there is not an hour that goes by that does not play in Dawn's head and I don't know how she continues on , I really don't , I truly hope there is a HELL for these murderers and rapists to go .

This is the case that makes me question the existence of God , honestly it does , I just don't get it for one of those tickets alone I would be put UNDER the jail and .. he just roams ...they all do , FREE to do it again as I'm sure it's happened before Brittanee , as a mother they only thing I could think is over and over "why didn't you listen to me " which in its self has to be the worst feeling and right behind it is "I'm sorry it s not your fault" I imagine there is not an hour that goes by that does not play in Dawn's head and I don't know how she continues on , I really don't , I truly hope there is a HELL for these murderers and rapists to go .
I live in the area where Brittanee is from and was driving on one of the local highways this morning and saw an older pick-up truck with Brittanee's face (missing sticker) in the back window. Most likely one of her relatives or friends of the family because its uncommon to see those any longer.

It reminds you that these cases are very real.

The thing to remember is that there are thousands and thousands of people out there who care about these missing people. Total strangers. Any one of them cancels out the dirt-bags that were involved in this crime.

I live in the area where Brittanee is from and was driving on one of the local highways this morning and saw an older pick-up truck with Brittanee's face (missing sticker) in the back window. Most likely one of her relatives or friends of the family because its uncommon to see those any longer.

It reminds you that these cases are very real.

The thing to remember is that there are thousands and thousands of people out there who care about these missing people. Total strangers. Any one of them cancels out the dirt-bags that were involved in this crime.
Thank you, you are right!!! And ALL of you guys are amazing.

Unfortunately I do not think that there will ever be justice for Brittanee. I believe that too many years have passed, with her remains pretty much in a cesspool, and I cannot fathom any trace of her being recovered. It is shameful that some of the locations where she was reported to have been kept, were not investigated swiftly and seriously. I feel horrible for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong