Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

"During the search operations, Tip Top Search and Rescue members as well as the contract helicopter were deployed to the Union Pass area in an extensive search for Miss Corona. Fremont County Search and Rescue deployed a similar response on their side of the pass in a coordinated search effort. An extensive grid search of the entire area between Green River Lakes and Dubois Wyoming were conducted over the last two days."
Quoted from: Official Search and Rescue Mission for Aubree Corona Suspended

So I noticed this, and added this to my maps.
The blue line shows where the points stated in the article, it says "extensive grid search of the entire area" between the 2 points I show with the blue line. I don't want to speculate on how much area that means, so I just indicated the straight line between those 2 points. The truck was probably not in the area searched by helicopter, so that's good that it wasn't missed, they were just searching in the wrong area. Which, understandably, this is a very enormous area.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    898.7 KB · Views: 37
And one more:
4) She was abducted and is being held captive after truck was hidden. I know this is unlikely because chances of a would-be abductor just hanging out waiting for her to come back through are slim (you told me that before - haha). But... I keep thinking back to Todd Kohlhepp and how he held his victim captive in a shipping container on his remote property. That was a complete surprise out of the blue. There aren't a lot of similarities between this case and that, really, but my mind is going there anyway. I hate to even bring it up because I hate to cause the friends and family any anguish or doubt, but IMO if this happened, there is still time for a good outcome. This is why they really need to get search dogs out there if possible to see if they can pick up a trail leading away from the truck.
Per LE they have search dogs out today looking for Aubree...tho still no word...

wondering how it was found as well, since it seems like it's not a site that is heavily frequented. did someone call in a tip, or was someone actually out in that area and came upon it?
Our understanding after speaking with LE is that a group of hikers just happened upon the truck and reported it as soon as they had cell service.

wondering how it was found as well, since it seems like it's not a site that is heavily frequented. did someone call in a tip, or was someone actually out in that area and came upon it?
Truck was found in a wilderness area by a group of hikers that just happened upon the truck by accident.

I felt the same way reading it. However, that is one of the most read news sources in our area (services mostly Jackson and Pinedale). Very unprofessional casting suspicion on anyone. I have been very disappointed by the lack of comprehensive news coverage in the area. I contacted one local news agency in the Lander area on Thursday asking if they would write an in depth article on Aubree's disappearance and have heard nothing back from them.
As Aubree's family we have tried since day one to get Aubree's information out to the various media venues and all but a few told us that they got their new releases from LE. The few that were kind enough to put Aubree's information out in the media did check with LE, but once verified, put the information out their. We're not sure why LE didn't get the information out there...

Just FYI from today's news on finding Aubree's truck:
"Some social media dialogue surrounding the case hints at Corona’s boyfriend as being a possible suspect. The truck and dirt bike belong to him. Bingham said there is nothing his department has found that would cause him to be named a person of interest."
https://buckrail.com/detectives-confirm-missing-womans-vehicle-found-no-sign-of-aubree/

Yeah this is a bunch of BS. They have no business imo stating that first sentence. If msm starts including in their articles everything that is “hinted at on Social Media” then the whole face of responsible journalism is in trouble. They have no business using that word “suspect”, even if they are referring to SM. The second sentence suffices just fine. Jmo. That article is cheezy reporting, moo.
—-

The oldest documented scent trail which was detailed in the book The Complete Bloodhound by Catherine Brey and Lena Reed was 13 days old.

Hi GraceG. :)

It seems that book was published in 1992. I’m going to do more research to maybe see if there’s something more recent...as we know variables could also exist between air scent vs. water scent dogs, etc.

Per LE they have search dogs out today looking for Aubree...tho still no word...

Oh good they have dogs out. Keeping our fingers crossed!

ETA:
@montanagirl15

Here’s another thing re: dogs: I’m wondering if they’re just using the truck as the scent lead or if they are using a specific item. Often in MP cases the family is asked to provide a piece of the person’s clothing, etc.

—-

ETA2:
I just had another idea about the dogs - I don’t know if this is an option or not:

You stated that Aubree’s cellphone is missing. Well there are specially trained dogs that are used to sniff out cellphones - the Virginia Dept. of Corrections is one entity that uses these dogs in prisons to detect contraband cellphones (I learned about this in Alexis Murphy’s case).

The WY Dept. of Corrections maaaay have these dogs. Or if not Colorado. Worth looking into, moo.

Also when was the last time it rained? Rain actually helps search dogs:

“If we think of how the dog’s nose uses moisture to absorb the scent particles and process the odor through the olfactory cells we can understand why a dog’s sense of smell is better during rainy weather then on hot dry days.

The rain absorbs the scent particles and as the dog inhales the moisture they also get the scent which mixes with the moisture present in the nose giving the dog a blast of scent similar to when we chew a flavorful piece of gum.

This reasoning leads us to an understanding of why the best time to do nose work with your dog is during damp conditions. In comparison, on a hot dry day, the dog's nose has to work harder to find scent condensed to dust and the body also must maintain a moisture level that will process the scent.

Misty foggy nights and early morning when the dew is fresh on the grass is the best time for tracking and trailing with dogs. Additionally, scenting is great during light rain showers because the scent particles will absorb the moisture and expand making them easier for the dog to follow.

Warm dry days remove the moisture from the scent by evaporation of the moisture which holds the particles together, expanded and in place. Once enough moisture is removed from the particles the scent particles will float more and move more off of the actual foot steps of the person the dog is seeking.

The scent cloud can swift in the lightest breeze on a dry day but on a wet day the scent cloud will collect in puddles and wet areas where the dog can find the scent more easily.”

Family-Disaster-Dogs: Rain and Search Dog Tracking

—-

ETA4:

I would also think she might have left a note with the vehicle if she chose to leave it, but perhaps this idea was overlooked if she was in a panic state, or couldn’t find anything to write with including lipstick, etc.

I’m also wondering if she ended up on that untraveled road because it was dark.

Has LE said if there was gas in the vehicle? I will say this, @montanagirl15 , it is not uncommon for LE to be uncommunicative during this time - it really depends on the agencies involved and the circumstances surrounding the case. I encourage you to be as communicative and proactive with the detective(s) as you can, meanwhile of course realizing that they have a job to do.

Last edited:
Just FYI from today's news on finding Aubree's truck:
"Some social media dialogue surrounding the case hints at Corona’s boyfriend as being a possible suspect. The truck and dirt bike belong to him. Bingham said there is nothing his department has found that would cause him to be named a person of interest."
https://buckrail.com/detectives-confirm-missing-womans-vehicle-found-no-sign-of-aubree/

--emphasis mine

Admin Note

Please note bold above. Per, LE,the boyfriend is NOT a person of interest or suspect in Aubree's disappearance.

I have now verified 3 members in this case -

montanagirl15 - Verified Family of Aubree Corona
Gator 30 - Verified Insider (one of the campers)
Lovato307 - Verified Insider (one of the campers)

--emphasis mine

Admin Note

Please note bold above. Per, LE,the boyfriend is NOT a person of interest or suspect in Aubree's disappearance.

I have now verified 3 members in this case -

montanagirl15 - Verified Family of Aubree Corona
Gator 30 - Verified Insider (one of the campers)
Lovato307 - Verified Insider (one of the campers)

Thank you beach! :)

Welcome again VIs and thank you for being here. I can’t imagine how hard this is.

As you see above I/we have a lot of questions. Mine are specifically related to the capacity/logistics of the current search.

ETA:
Also please know that no pressure here, feel free to scroll and roll past anything you don’t feel comfortable answering.

Also we respect anything that “needs to be kept close to the vest in order to help preserve the integrity of the investigation”, but since I don’t suspect Foul Play (at least by someone who was camping and LE so far has not indicated towards FP) then I don’t see anything really that would be considered vulnerable information, moo. But that is of course up to you to decide. :)

—-
ETA2:

I just had an idea, TOMNOD, aka formerly Digital Globe (they’re called something new now, forgot the name).

Anyway these are the guys that fly satellites for google maps, etc. I wonder if they might be willing to assist. Worth a shot. They’re just a few hours away over the border in Northern Colorado.

(ETA3: DG is now MAXAR:
DigitalGlobe | Extract insights, validate critical decisions )

Also, another idea. Do you know how many drones they have out there? Actually, I’ll wait for an answer before I comment further. I know of a couple sources here in Colorado who may be able to assist with providing more drones but I imagine LE has that covered as this is usually SP (standard procedure) these days.

ETA4:

I wonder if our VI SAR @Trackergd is still around?

Who else is VI SAR here...

—-

ETA5:

It just really dawned on me about the dogs, reading back on my post with suggestions for the contraband dogs, etc —this is dangerous terrain for the dogs too.

Running out of time on this post—

Everyone’s safety including the dogs’ and the searchers’ is of course a priority; my experience living in nearby and similar Colorado is that there are teams who are very experienced in doing this.

I’m wondering what resources Tip Top lists. I realize there is also joint cooperation with the other two agencies’ resources...

Last edited:
So looking back, I’m noting the area that was originally searched:

“After searching hundreds of square miles between New Fork Lake and Union Pass Road to Dubois, Sublette County search-and-rescue teams suspended their search and Fremont County volunteers, while still looking, scaled back the search for a missing woman Wednesday after finding no sign of her.”

Snip

“Tip Top Search and Rescue operations began almost immediately in Sublette County with Fremont County assisting on the north side of the Union Pass area.”

Sublette search for missing Green River woman suspended

—-

Tip Top Search and Rescue

Imo, these guys sound quite qualified and experienced with searches in this type of terrain.

Search & Rescue | Sublette County - Official Website

—-

I’m doing some research on if WY DOC has cellphone tracking dogs, not seeing anything yet (o/t, I am seeing inmates there train rescue dogs, no comment on that):

So far I’ve found:

“They have been used by prisons in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, and Florida. Texas and California have 13 cell phone dogs each.”

The Amazing iPhone-sniffing Prison Dogs

—-

Another thought re: her phone, I do know there are drones that can be equipped with metal detectors. I saw that in another case where they were looking for a weapon.

“A cellphone is made from a variety of metals, with the most common being aluminum alloys, lightweight materials commonly found in the phone case. Lithium cobalt oxide and carbon graphite are used to make the batteries. Elements like gold, copper and silver are used in the wiring of the phone. Platinum and tungsten are used in the circuitry.”

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-materials-are-used-to-make-cell-phones

——

“Detectives were actively working the scene Sunday afternoon in a search for clues. Bingham said more information would be released as it becomes available.”

Authorities Find Vehicle; Wyoming Woman Still Missing

Last edited:
Now that you're verified GATOR30, I am confused about some things and want to clarify...

What time did she leave camp?

what time she was supposed to check in for her test?

what time did you become concerned about her? How long was the drive/approximately what time was she supposed to be back?

And was this when you headed to where she was supposed to be?

Did you go to town to wait for her and is that why you were at the police station?

Did you get her text by chance because you had gone down the canyon, or did you have service at camp?

How long were you camping before Saturday.

And finally, was this the first time AC had camped in those mountains, and was it also yours?

Thanks! We'd also love to hear your recollection of the events. No pressure to answer anything you can't answer or don't feel comfortable answering.

I'd just like to say I'm very glad that @GATOR30 has been verified and will be able to post whatever information he is comfortable sharing. I feel safe in saying the WSers posting all hope Aubree is found safe and want to do what we can to help even if it's only suggesting resources, and our hearts go out to her and all who care about her, including our VIs.

Why would she go down a dirt 2-track? She wouldn't. No one in a truck or SUV would, when trying to find a way back to a paved road.

ETA: thought... unless she was running close to empty and saw the route on a forest roads map and thought it might be a shortcut. There's that.

Also- who found the truck? Hikers?
I agree. I don't think she'd go down a road that is closed to vehicles by accident.

If she really was seen getting gas in Dubois, I don't think she could have been running out of gas. It appears to be 30-40 miles from Dubois to the Leeds Creek area. Even if she was going in circles, and even if she did not fill up, I would think she could have gone way further than 40 miles.

So, this stretch of road (or 676 which branches earlier)
Google Maps
Thank you. When you zoom in, this stretch of road is still called Union Pass Road (600) on Google maps for a ways, although it clearly veers off of Union Pass Road (600). It's easy to see how somebody could get utterly lost out there, even if the gps was working.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back