Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the opposite as homicide is an umbrella term ..in the UK its usually referred to as a murder enquiry..so it seems from that there was no traumatic cause of death

The only other information we know that lends itself to her running off is the screams and the running man ..the screams were described as moving and if the screams were her and the running man him something happened very quickly and he managed to get her into the river very quickly

I dont rule this out as a possibility completely

Yeah I agree about homicide Vs murder and why they chose to call it homicide. It's very odd.. but as far as we know, he's told the police he just dropped her off innocently right? And they have no evidence to contradict that. So what evidence do they have that supports homicide? A theory based on crimes he had yet to be convicted of? I doubt it. But yeah, that one is really baffling.

Calculated he may be, but his head is totally gone. You don't do the things he did just because you are feeling adventurous.
I just don’t like the terminology you use. I know and know of plenty of people with MH issues who’ve also been under a section as their
‘Head is totally gone’

They’d not commit crimes like he did. I

Homicide in English law is

Murder and manslaughter are two of the offences that constitute homicide.

Manslaughter can be committed in one of three ways:

1. Killing with the intent for murder but where a partial defence applies, namely loss of control, diminished responsibility or killing pursuant to a suicide pact.
  2. Conduct that was grossly negligent given the risk of death, and did kill ("gross negligence manslaughter"); and
  3. Conduct taking the form of an unlawful act involving a danger of some harm that resulted in death ("unlawful and dangerous act manslaughter").

I’d say we’re looking at (3) and they just can’t prove it.

Homicide: Murder and Manslaughter | The Crown Prosecution Service

No, I don’t think there’s an accomplice, I think he’s a loner and likes to wank (sorry I mean work) alone.
I still don’t think he has physically murdered her, it’s too big a jump. The only scenario I can see him physically harming her is in his car and that’s seemingly being ruled out.
I think she ran to her death somehow, wether being chased or they both ran in opposite directions.
I think he’s culpable but not in a murderous sense.
I cannot see her running far enough into a tidal river, across rough ground and up a bank. The state she was in and the location make that very difficult in my opinion.

I can't help feeling that if that were likely LE would call it a suspicious death rather than homicide.S death still allowing for murder or manslaughter.

The crimes he's admitted to are cold, calculated and based on getting off on others fear and distress. He's showed no regard for the victims, little control, no fear and no gain financially. His only obvious motivation is nasty. In the judges opinion, they weren't opportunistic and is a danger.

IMO there doesn't appear to be any empathy when it comes to young women. I don't think it's too big a leap. I think it's the next step. We can't rule anything out.

Last edited:
I feel the opposite as homicide is an umbrella term ..in the UK its usually referred to as a murder enquiry..so it seems from that there was no traumatic cause of death

The only other information we know that lends itself to her running off is the screams and the running man ..the screams were described as moving and if the screams were her and the running man him something happened very quickly and he managed to get her into the river very quickly

We don't actually know the cause of death do we?

He was stocky and into martial arts according to MSM. She was a slim distressed female. IMO it would be very hard to have got away from him to run.

Homicide in English law is

Murder and manslaughter are two of the offences that constitute homicide.

Manslaughter can be committed in one of three ways:

1. Killing with the intent for murder but where a partial defence applies, namely loss of control, diminished responsibility or killing pursuant to a suicide pact.
  2. Conduct that was grossly negligent given the risk of death, and did kill ("gross negligence manslaughter"); and
  3. Conduct taking the form of an unlawful act involving a danger of some harm that resulted in death ("unlawful and dangerous act manslaughter").

I’d say we’re looking at (3) and they just can’t prove it.

Homicide: Murder and Manslaughter | The Crown Prosecution Service
Why not one? That seems as much in keeping with the nature of his crimes as three.

We don't know what was said under reporting restrictions. Something made the judge state he was dangerous

We don't actually know the cause of death do we?

He was stocky and into martial arts according to MSM. She was a slim distressed female. IMO it would be very hard to have got away from him to run.

No the cause of death has not been published...its jmo that if there had been an obvious traumatic cause of death it would have been deemed a murder enquiry...like any other similar case previously
It seems the police know someone caused her death but not exactly how ...I've tried to think of other potential reasons for not going for the usual term but drawn a blank

Of course this does not automatically mean she wasn't murdered just that they are having difficulty showing it at inquest

No the cause of death has not been published...its jmo that if there had been an obvious traumatic cause of death it would have been deemed a murder enquiry...like any other similar case previously
It seems the police know someone caused her death but not exactly how ...I've tried to think of other potential reasons for not going for the usual term but drawn a blank

Of course this does not automatically mean she wasn't murdered just that they are having difficulty showing it at inquest
They would know if she were dead when she entered the water. If that were the case, even without obvious cause of death, they'd know someone else was present.

I've racked my brains trying to think of a reason for that term and for the lack of charges. IMO there is already good evidence for abduction and from there at least manslaughter. I've also drawn a blank

Do we know if libby could swimm, like if she fell, slipped, pushed in to the river,

Anything is possible this is just one possibility...but we have no idea if he was driving from home so could easily have driven past her
It's just occurred to me that one thing that didn't crop up in sentencing was any mention of his car. LE had said there would be CCTV evidence had it gone to trial. That might have shed some light on his toings and froings

From what little we

He's not nervous about being seen tho. In fact he seems remarkably confident about not being caught. So no reason at all for her to end up dead after seeing him.

All along I said she ran in the dark to get away, ended up in the cold water, hence the shrieks heard alongside feeling freaky things in the water in the dark. I said all along I thought he was implicated but that it was a set of unfortunate circumstances after she ran off IMO. JMO

No, I don’t think there’s an accomplice, I think he’s a loner and likes to wank (sorry I mean work) alone.
I still don’t think he has physically murdered her, it’s too big a jump. The only scenario I can see him physically harming her is in his car and that’s seemingly being ruled out.
I think she ran to her death somehow, wether being chased or they both ran in opposite directions.
I think he’s culpable but not in a murderous sense.

This is exactly what I was saying from early on though I seemed to be a lone voice in this situation.

The screams could have been Libby being taken into the park, when she realised she wasn't where she had expected to be, maybe being handled roughly as she was a bit of a dead weight and stumbling from drink.

Hello! I have been reading along but have not posted in a bit. The thing that sticks out to me and makes me inclined to think PR definitely could have moved from perv to murder is the eye contact. He maintained eye contact with a victim while watching her having intercourse with her boyfriend and wanking. He was not afraid of being found, being pummeled by the boyfriend. He watched and followed the two girls to their home and continued his wanking on their door. IMO his crimes were escalating and he was ready and willing to take the next step. He enjoyed seeing the fear in their eyes. MOO IMO

My personal opinion is that everyone has been to busy trying to blame this guy, think it's time to remove the arrested bit from the post title as no is under arrest let alone charged, libby death is still very unexplained, imo

The police have said that he is still under investigation over whatever happened to Libby.

This is a journo on Hull Live. You might want to look at this thread from Aug 17 on case.

angus young (@angus_young61) tweeted at 6:29 pm on Sat, Aug 17, 2019:
Here’s a handy map. You might spot that one offence has no reference to a street. It wasn’t given in court. However, there’s a good chance it was within the 0.2 mile zone. angus young on Twitter
(angus young on Twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member