The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sir Elton John is now defending Harry & Markle because he wants to protect Dianna’s grandchild?

Uh, Sir Elton there are 3 other grandchildren - don’t they deserve your concern and protection, too - or is this something that Markle came up with?

Talk about rude: How do you think those other children will feel about being left out?

And if you want to protect an infant DONT put it on a lot of plane flights where it is exposed to much higher radiation doses than by surface transportation. And don’t take it traveling at all until it’s immune system is more mature.

Yes went to the show with gal pals and then hubby and I watched on the dish at home.
ETA Elton and David have a home here in Canada only a few hrs. away.

We're way behind with our current "on demand" watch list, but we might want to watch Rocketman during our January cruise. By that time, most summer releases should be available "on demand" on the ship. We watch at least one movie each day and have seen many films that we might not have seen otherwise.

I think the Sussex’s are making a huge mistake with all this celebrity association. They are just putting themselves out in the arena of publicity and paparazzi that caused so much distress for Harry’s mother. And ignoring the general population.

You know what would have been a nice gesture? A photo of the 3 of them on holiday for Megan’s birthday. Yeah, show Archie’s face. Be natural.

But now they’ve essentially told the public that Super-A list celebrities can see Archie, but not the millions in the UK who just want to see the baby.

Harry is all about privacy, but he’s losing his good wishes chips in a precipitous fashion with their behavior.

If they want to know how to raise a child in the royal family - have a nice long visit with Princess Anne. She’s done a terrific job with her children. Then, take a nice holiday with the Wessex family. They come off as decent, humble responsible parents who have also done a great job raising children in a royal household. It has even been reported that the Queen wants Megan to spend more time with Sophie Wessex to learn how deal with being a non-royal spouse. Sadly, I think there is no way this is going to happen when Megan values more having her celebrity pals on speed-dial.

But my guess is that the shoddy flash that lures both Harry and Megan to celebrities has blinded them to the role models and the responsibilities right in front of them.

Harry is rapidly losing his credibilty as a spokeman for the health of the planet, and Megan is damaging her pet causes by her associations and faux modesty.

I agree 100% great post @Herat

HRH Anne at Balmoral, a little while ago:

images

Love this!

JMHO YMMV LRR

I love QE2, but this is just wrong. May 1996, Vogue.
queen-elizabeth-1996-vogue-23nov15-getty_b.jpg

Here QE2 wears one of my favourite tiaras and necklace.
Queen Elizabeth wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara as she attends a dinner at the Corinthia Palace Hotel in Attard during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) on November 27, 2015 near Valletta, Malta. (Getty pictures).
the-queen-malta-vogue-30nov15-getty_b.jpg

What irritates me most about H&M's holidays is that it could literally be anywhere hot with luxury accommodation. From what we can see they arrive there socialize with their fancy friends and don't seem to sight see or do anything culturally relevant. Harry was scolding people who go to popular tourist destinations the other week, then he goes to 2 in 11 days and from what we know contributes nothing to the local economy. At least normal people spend their money and stimulate the economy.

As a couple they are turning every valid criticism in to an opportunity to play the victim and using their famous friends to spread this message. It comes off as so calculated kind of Trumpian like any criticism must be attacked. There seems to be a lack of self reflection or awareness.

Saying Elton John paid for the flight etc. good for you but the taxpayers paid for the high level security, I presume there were special preparations made for this trip and a lot of overtime paid considering people couldn't go home at the end of their shifts. The whole thing comes off as incredibly classist to me like they should get to travel however they want because they have the money to do and to "offset" it. The rest of us should just stay where we are.

Also if Harry is trying to encourage us to be eco friendly maybe he should start by lecturing his friends who have multiple mansions in places all over the world that are empty for most of the year. Elton John's carbon footprint is probably the same as all the residents of a small English town put together.

I thought H&M would try to be "of the people" when they first got married, I was really heartened to see Meghan with the Grenfell women preparing the cookbook, thats how you become a peoples Princess. But then all the shenanigans this summer from Wimbledon to the Christening to Vogue to the private jets.

I'm really hoping Greta Thunberg has some comments on Harry's faux eco-warrior status

This is a really clear concise page about what carbon offsets are. They don't really offset anything which is why the EU won't allow them to count towards emissions targets from 2021 Carbon offsetting flights. A dangerous distraction. Helping Dreamers Do

I love to see the Queen riding. Please tell me she has a helmet under the kerchief o_O (scarf? Whatever a kerchief is called when a queen is wearing it) ok wtf I just googled kerchief and it is considered an “old fashioned” term :eek:
I noticed that TOO! I don't think I've ever seen a photo of her riding where she is wearing a helmet.

She is The Queen, of course, and can wear whatever darn thing she wants.

What irritates me most about H&M's holidays is that it could literally be anywhere hot with luxury accommodation. From what we can see they arrive there socialize with their fancy friends and don't seem to sight see or do anything culturally relevant. Harry was scolding people who go to popular tourist destinations the other week, then he goes to 2 in 11 days and from what we know contributes nothing to the local economy. At least normal people spend their money and stimulate the economy.

As a couple they are turning every valid criticism in to an opportunity to play the victim and using their famous friends to spread this message. It comes off as so calculated kind of Trumpian like any criticism must be attacked. There seems to be a lack of self reflection or awareness.

Saying Elton John paid for the flight etc. good for you but the taxpayers paid for the high level security, I presume there were special preparations made for this trip and a lot of overtime paid considering people couldn't go home at the end of their shifts. The whole thing comes off as incredibly classist to me like they should get to travel however they want because they have the money to do and to "offset" it. The rest of us should just stay where we are.

Also if Harry is trying to encourage us to be eco friendly maybe he should start by lecturing his friends who have multiple mansions in places all over the world that are empty for most of the year. Elton John's carbon footprint is probably the same as all the residents of a small English town put together.

I thought H&M would try to be "of the people" when they first got married, I was really heartened to see Meghan with the Grenfell women preparing the cookbook, thats how you become a peoples Princess. But then all the shenanigans this summer from Wimbledon to the Christening to Vogue to the private jets.

I'm really hoping Greta Thunberg has some comments on Harry's faux eco-warrior status

This is a really clear concise page about what carbon offsets are. They don't really offset anything which is why the EU won't allow them to count towards emissions targets from 2021 Carbon offsetting flights. A dangerous distraction. Helping Dreamers Do
I think we are starting to see the reality of their marriage goals.

I have to think the Elton John invitation was received after the plans for Markle's birthday had been made, or else why would they have done two trips back-to-back like that. And 4 days in Nice is supposed to be great rest after the "hard work they have done all year". 4 days with Sir Elton John doesn't sound like a rest at all.

And not only the eco-warrior hypocrasy, what about not allowing the public to have a nice photo of Harry, Archie , and Markle on vacation. Harry is entitled to his opinion but this is all going to backfire on him with the ultra-top-secret-never to be seen child. Who doesn't remember the fun photos of Diana with Harry and Wills at Disneyland, soaked after the fume ride. It was a joyfull thing for them all. Are the Sussex's going to smuggle him into Disneyland in the dark by himself? Is he going to end up wearing hats and veils and stuff like Michael Jackson's poor kids.

I think the Sussex's need to come back to reality and spend a lot of time with a family like the Wessex's who have raised their children to be normal, occasionally photographed, but not made into childhood celebrities nor growing up with celebrity connections, rather than the values of their long established family.

The more I see of Harry, the more I see a damaged child who is somehow paradoxically putting himself and his child in the same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd