Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we all thinking the same thing and aren't we allowed to use initials if said person has not been named. or is it totally off limits because the presser gave hints that are almost impossible to ignore.

I don't think we are all thinking the same thing at all. And I don't think the presser gave hints that are impossible to ignore.

I think that the perp is not a psychopath. I wonder if he has a real emotional problem, and is unaware of it himself. There is something very ... different about this case. Don’t other people feel it, too?

There must be a reason why the LE was alluding to his conscience. It never happens in murder cases. Who, and when, assumes that the double murderer has conscience? Yet here LE did. And I don’t think it had to with the fact that the perp, allegedly, read “the Shack”. JMO x 2.

I see a lot "different" here.

- He managed to corner and gain control of 2 young women while on a high and dangerous bridge.

- He managed to control and kill 2 young women and somehow herd/lead/command them quite a distance away from the bridge.

- He was giving off enough bad vibes that one victim has him on video and audio.

- Despite audio and video, he's still not apprehended.

Does anyone really think a scarf is going to be what identifies the perp at this point?
Nope. I personally do not think he had a scarf on. Much speculation here that the white squiggle near his neck is a scarf with some design and/or imprint. It clearly must be something, but I don't think it is a scarf.
JMO, MOO . . .

I see a lot "different" here.

- He managed to corner and gain control of 2 young women while on a high and dangerous bridge.

- He managed to control and kill 2 young women and somehow herd/lead/command them quite a distance away from the bridge.

- He was giving off enough bad vibes that one victim has him on video and audio.

- Despite audio and video, he's still not apprehended.

Giving off bad vibes enough that one victim has him audio and video...but not bad vibes enough that she would call 911 or call for help. Just strange imo.

:
Hinky meter off the charts: A few weeks ago, I watched a youtube video that cannot be linked here. It features three people walking the Monon High Bridge and discussing the case. One of the young males looks so much like the new sketch that I actually emailed in the tip. I know we can't sleuth this person and I wouldn't really even know how (not that tech savvy) and just have a first name anyway. When asked how many times he's been to/across the bridge by the other guy, he says "Fou....three." Three, huh. Something about him makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Anyone know which video I'm talking about? Sorry I have to be vague. And sorry if this post has to be deleted, I'm new.
I found this video and I haven't had a chance to listen to it, just watch it with closed caption on...we need to look at the audio BG saying "down the hill" and compare it to this video at 29:51. If someone has listened or compared them... can you give some input on how they both sound? I'll have to try to pull them both up and listen tomorrow.

Just my thinking and moo.

Giving off bad vibes enough that one victim has him audio and video...but not bad vibes enough that she would call 911 or call for help. Just strange imo.
I don’t find that strange. At that point what would they say to 911? Ummmm yeah there’s a guy walking on a bridge that looks creepy.

But to hit record to possibly laugh about it later or show friends the creepy guy makes sense to me.

I think if she felt she was in real danger she would have called 911. Unfortunately by the time it was danger, she was no longer able to call. Moo

How many people have sent in a tip regarding a person they think is the Delphi killer? In terms of psychology it is an interesting question.

It is a question I think about after over 2 and a half years. The tip could be with a name or without a name. I sent in a tip once every year over the past 3 years of an unnamed person I saw that I thought looked like the man on Liberty German's phone video. I only saw him one time. It was basically the same tip over and over and I am not going to discuss it since I wrote about it earlier. I saw a truck driver who fit the description of the man, in my opinion, on Liberty German's phone video. I got the basic response my tip had been received.

And I really did think I saw the person in Liberty German's phone video. I would not have gone to the trouble of submitting the tip otherwise.

Very possible. I wonder what made him credible in the first place.

I mean, if there is a murder in my neighborhood, I would tend to trust my neighbors or coworkers. But the policemen are trained differently than me. They should suspect anyone who was next to that place, right? So what made the person so credible?
If he was interviewed and contributed to the sketch he is very cool and collected and thus VERY scary!!

How can you be so involved in something like that and yet commit such an atrocities as murdering two young girls.

RSBM

Hi sunshineray,

Dennis Radar (BTK) was active in his church and president of the church council, as well as being a Cub Scout leader.
(Found on Wikipedia)

I can’t wrap my head around how some people compartmentalize their lives and turn their emotions on and off like a water faucet.
(JMO)

~RIP M+J

Yes. He is mentioning the film. He is also saying “they are not how you have left them”, sorry, imprecise citation. All of it seems to be alluding to religion, but there also is appeal to conscience that Carter hopes the perp still has.

That, essentially, rules out all drug addicts around, all meat packers and drivers - because how Carter would know about their conscience? MOO.

I would not be surprised if there is some weird form of conscience left in the perp, but the fear is stronger. And as silence progresses, the “twist” one of the LEs (Kim?) was speaking about seems to be impossible to resolve.
How he left them, statement makes me wonder if they were staged. I maybe saw too many movies but some very sick killers seem to do that

The reaction of two young teen . Children usually do not view mortality as adults do. That being said, I'm not sure I would have been in the mindset to record him or call 911. MOO

The reaction of two young teen . Children usually do not view mortality as adults do. That being said, I'm not sure I would have been in the mindset to record him or call 911. MOO

But even grown women are conditioned to not "make a fuss". I haven't had occasion to call 911 very often in my life thankfully, but the couple of times I have, I have hesitated every time for fear that I would be "bothering" the police. I think this mindset is finally changing somewhat in our culture but it still exists I'd say. MOO

I have been a teenage girl and I have 2 teens currently. I do not think my kids (as bright and "street smart" as they are) would have the presence of mind to call 911 if they were truly scared and in immediate danger. If they were suspicious of someone, I could see them taking a photo or video, but definitely not calling 911 just to report the suspicion. We've talked a lot about trusting your gut and getting away from situations that just don't feel right -- maybe that's what Libby was feeling at the time the video started? Kids are not wired to think that their lives are in danger and their frontal lobes are not developed enough to properly process danger and/or make the best decisions. This is nothing at all against these 2 girls -- this is true of all teens.

I am also surprised that I see defensiveness on the part of posters here when it is suggested that the girls might have planned to meet someone that day (whether on social media or some other form of communication). This is not victim blaming. They did nothing wrong. Even if they planned to meet someone, they did not deserve to be attacked and murdered. That said, just because they were "good kids" does not mean that they didn't date or experiment with risky behaviors. I think a lot of people on here are older (myself included) and forget what it was like to be 13 or 14. Kids this age make bad decisions, even if they are smart, come from loving homes, volunteer in the community, etc. etc. Kids should be allowed to make mistakes and learn life lessons without being murdered by some crazy guy on a bridge. This case is heartbreaking & my heart aches for the families.

If he was interviewed and contributed to the sketch he is very cool and collected and thus VERY scary!!

RSBM

Hi sunshineray,

Dennis Radar (BTK) was active in his church and president of the church council, as well as being a Cub Scout leader.
(Found on Wikipedia)

I can’t wrap my head around how some people compartmentalize their lives and turn their emotions on and off like a water faucet.
(JMO)

~RIP M+J

Well, obviously some of these killers can compartmentalize their lives like BTK as mentioned. I'd include Bundy in there too, for sure. And, I think BG is cut out of the exact same mold. He hasn't been caught, Carter, et al says he's hiding in plain sight, and I think they are 100% correct.

I think these killers are masters at projecting a "normal life persona" that allows them to live under everyone's nose without being detected. I believe it is some sort of personality split or compartmentalization technique that begins to manifest itself in childhood, perhaps to compensate for some form of childhood trauma maybe? Whenever and however it begins, I think the killers are able to perfect the technique (for lack of a better word) over time. By the time they are adults, they are masters of deceit.

If you haven't read the recently published book written by BTK's daughter, Kerri Rawson, "A Serial Killer's Daughter", I reccomend it. I frankly did not find it to be extremely well written, but it does give a clear picture of the Rader family's life and how "normal" he was and how completely clueless his family was.

Anyway, I would bet BG is just like Rader. Friendly, outgoing, seemingly self confident in some ways, tied to his community through his church and its activities. He may also be very active and visible in similar community venues, like coaching little league, or volunteering at his kids' school. And like John Wayne Gacy, who the community knew and loved as he routinely worked charitable events dressed as clown characters.

BG also may have a special gift that he uses to his advantage that aids in people gravitating towards him - a sport he excels at, or perhaps a musical talent, like singing. I'd also bet, though, that he doesn't really have any very close friends and deep friendships. There are likely many, but very superficial. I have known a few people in my life who are charming, charismatic, and easily attract a large circle of friends, but you could only get so close to them emotionally before hitting a wall. They love the attention, but they won't ever let you know the true person they are.

JMO, MOO, . . .

Last edited:
But even grown women are conditioned to not "make a fuss". I haven't had occasion to call 911 very often in my life thankfully, but the couple of times I have, I have hesitated every time for fear that I would be "bothering" the police. I think this mindset is finally changing somewhat in our culture but it still exists I'd say. MOO

I think the fact that there were two of them played the role, two strong, athletic girls. They could not foresee that he had planned it all.

Carter specifically states he "recently watched a movie called 'The Shack.' But also mentions there is a book too. But during the PC, he specifically says he personally watched the movie.

It was released theatrically just weeks after the murders.

The movie had just been shown on TV, everyone in the area watched it. I think he mentioned it in order to find a way to talk about everyone's grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni