LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nothing really new but there is alot about this case at end of this article
  2. Who killed Nanette Krentel? Unsolved death joins other mysterious north shore cases
An excerpt from the article:

(...) "But something else that didn't exist then is available now, Sharp said: genealogy. "Hopefully, genealogy is going to be tremendous in that case. It might trace her back to some relative from 1780 or something like that. They say they do have that capability," he said, though it's expensive.

The producers of a crime program have offered to pay the bill, Sharp said. "They have a pretty high success rate. They have experts on staff, experts in genealogy and in DNA," he said.

The woman's DNA profile has been submitted to open source databases, and Sharp said they are very hopeful that they will finally have a name for the victim. "The most important thing is identifying her," he said. "After that, I think everything else will fall into place."

Does this mean that genealogists are working on her case right now, and it's only a matter of time that she might be identified? (◉_◉)

Oh, dear.. I forgot to tag you in my post, Folie, but I am happy you found your way in here to see this! I am crossing my fingers :)

Ty Badcrumble, no worries I was notified by a couple of WS's here about the article and I literally lost my $#%×#%@×%# reading it..... as much as expected I'm exceptionally excited and thrilled. I can only hope will hear more as her research progresses and her rightful name returned to her.

Have researched her so i. Depth for so many years .... down to any the tid bit I could find that would produce a potential lead to her origins... all thus far no dice. Lots of info but still no name...

I do wonder whom is handling her case as that I don't believe it is DDP. Possibly Parabon ?.. sure would like to know.

Date Found: Thursday June 19, 1986
North Shore Community, Slidell, St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana
(LPJD was spotted approximately 7:30 pm on the evening of 6/19/86)

Physical Description:
Estimated Age:
20-30 (Mary M indicated mid 30’s cannot be ruled out)
Race: White
Height: 5’2” – 5’4”/ 62”-64” Petite frame (Initial report height given 5’7” / 67”)
Weight: 120-126 lbs. (Initial reports weight given 100-120 lbs.)
Hair: Shoulder length hair, auburn (Reddish brown / Light brown)
Eye: Unknown, Large eyes (Per morgue sketch)
Facial Features: Small slightly upturned nose (Per morgue sketch), freckles
Clothing: None (Found nude)
Jewelry: None (1/2” tan line on left hand ring finger, however no ring was found)
Medical: Approximately 8-12 weeks pregnant, Small old scars; right knee 1.5 cm circular-in-shape (.59”), right wrist 1.2 cm (.47”), midline on abdomen above navel 2.3 cm, (.90”), old major right hip injury possible compound fracture (upper thigh/femur bone), Silicone Breast implants; 200cc Cox-Uphoff International of Costa Mesa, CA. implants were encased in a silastic shell (No Serial Numbers). She may have had surgery on her nose, it was hard to totally confirm based on the old morgue photos per Mary Manhein
Tattoos: None
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered Absence of wisdom teeth, no dental work teeth were free of cavities and fillings they were in good condition.
Fingerprint: One complete finger print was lifted from her decomposed hands.
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Postmortem Interval: 36 Hours (NAMUS) 2 Days or Less (LSU)

Circumstances/Investigation:
LPJD was spotted by (2) fishermen at approximately 7:30 pm on the evening of 6/19/86 near the community of North Shore. By the time deputies launched a boat to recover the partially submerged body drifted approximately 40 yd. (120 ft.) east of the I-10 twin span bridges and 50-60 yd. (150-180 ft.) from shore.

She was nude with a white plastic bag over her head secured with duct tape and a 22lb. red weight (type used on exercise equipment) tied to her neck. Investigators found several superficial wounds on the woman’s face/head but were unsure what caused them.

Information from weather experts and marine biologist has led detectives to believe the body was put into the lake between Bayou Lacombe and Rigolets Pass.

There were no serial numbers on the breast implants. Investigators consulted New Orleans plastic surgeons for assistance where the size and manufacturer were determined. It was also advised that most plastic surgeons in the New Orleans area use larger implants.

The implant manufacturer Cox-Uphoff spokesman provided the Sherriff’s office a list of plastic surgeons around the country who have ordered the 200cc size implant. Cox-Uphoff spokesman said the size is common in the US and estimated 500-700 doctors across the country order the 200cc size every year. Detectives have called or written 175 physicians for help. When you go out of this area it begins to get lost doctors way up in the Northeast of the country may not be as helpful to assist.

The medical pathologist that performed the autopsy determined she died of asphyxiation. However, could not pinpoint whether death was by drowning, suffocation or strangulation. Her blood contained small amounts of caffeine and alcohol. Her body bore evidence of several minor cuts and blows, all superficial and was unsure what caused them. He estimated she died the day before her body was found (Sometime Wednesday June 18th). LPJD bore small old scars, right knee, right wrist and upper abdomen.

St Tammany LE received a report on Wed-6/18 that a caller reported deputies would be told where to find (2) bodies beneath an interstate highway bridge if they met a man at the state tourist information center on I-10 West of Slidell. Deputies found no one at the rest area, a search of bridges on I-10 and I-59 turned up no bodies.

Inspector Harvey Pratt of the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigations examined morgue photos of the woman’s face and painted over them to produce a likeness of her. She was a young attractive woman w/shoulder length auburn hair swept back from her face.

St Tammany LE investigation produced 200 inquiries from around the country but few strong leads to her identity. A description of LPJD is filed in an FBI computer in Washington. Sheriff’s office spokesperson Tiffany Tate said based on the attention the case has been given locally in the past “it is obvious the woman is not from this area”.

The remains of LPJD were exhumed in Sept 2003 to acquire DNA samples to compare to Lisa Marie Sexton a teenager missing from Elyria, Ohio since May 1981. Testing was completed, however Lisa Marie Sexton and LPJD were not a match.

In February 2005 America’s Most Wanted featured the case of Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe in hopes to identify. The airing of her story provided numerous tips, however did not result in the identification of LPJD.

Burial:
07/02/86 – Buried in a wood frame cardboard box w/baby angel printed on top
Greenwood Cemetery, Potters Field Section – Slidell, LA (Bayou Patassat)

Exhumed:
09/04/03 – Exhumed for DNA/Dental matching to Lisa Marie Sexton, it was not a match.
Mary Manhein kept LPJD’s remains at LSU Faces laboratory in the event additional DNA would be needed for MP comparisons in the future.

Investigating Agencies:
St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office – Case # 6-6084-86
300 Brownswitch Road
Slidell, Louisiana 70458
Tele: 985.726.8000
Web: St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office

Dt. Marco Demma (Retired)
Tele: 985.645.2467
E-Mail Address: mdemma7213@yahoo.com

Information Resources:
LSU Faces Case # 03-35: Case #03-35 - LA Repository for Unidentified & Missing People
227 Howe Russell Building
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803
Teresa Wilson – Tele: 225.578.4761
Maria Allaire – Tele: 225.578.4775
General E-Mail: faces@lsu.edu

NAMUS Case # 852: Unidentified Person Case
Local Case Manager: Ginesse Listi, LSU Faces – Tele: 225.578.3906
Regional Contact: Michael Nance – Tele: 918.5270080 – E-Mail: Michael.Nance@unthsc.edu

FBI – National Crime Information Center - Case # U-211402266
Web: National Crime Information Center (NCIC)

Information Resources:
Doe Network Case: 16UFLA

America’s Most Wanted; S18, Ep 16:
America's Most Wanted; S18, Ep 16 Vimeo:
American’s Most Wanted Fans: Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe Killer - Louisiana - 1986 | America's Most Wanted Fans (an unofficial fan page for John Walsh-hosted fugitive TV shows)

The Times Picayune News Article – 06/21/86
Abbeville Meridional - 06/26/86
The Times Picayune News Article – 07/03/86
The Crowley Post - 07/04/86
The Times Picayune News Article – 07/16/86
The Times Picayune News Article – 12/14/86
The Time Picayune - 12/16/86
The Times Picayune News Article – 2003
Tribune Coshocton News Article – 09/21/03
The News Fremont Article – 09/20/03
The Times Shreveport News Article – 09/20/03
Town Talk Alexandria News Article – 09/20/03
The Times Shreveport News Article – 01/20/04
Clarion Jackson News Article – 09/20/04
Cleveland 19 News: Police get best lead in 22 years on missing girl

News Article Highlights:

Times Picayune - 06/21/86
-20 Years Old, 5'7, 100-120 lbs, shoulder length auburn hair, wide tan line on her left ring finger, 12 weeks pregnant
-22 lb weight was tied to her neck, the weight is the type for working out like free weights in a gym
-LE received a call on Wed 6/18; caller advised deputies would be told where to find 2 bodies beneath
and interstate hwy bridge if they met the man on I-10 W of Slidell tourist information center deputies found
no one at the rest area and LE searched bridges on I-10 and I-59 no bodies were found.

Times Picayune - 07/03/86
-Implants, silicone gel inside a silastic shell
-200 cubic centimeters (This is a fairly small implant)
-Manufacturer Cox Uphoff International of Coast Mesa, CA
-Rep from the manufacturer stated the size is common in the US and estimated 500 - 700 doctors
order 200cc ever year, there are no serial numbers for their implants as that the requirements for serial numbers came later in years.
-NOLA area Plastic surgeons consulted on this case advised, local area surgeons use larger implants
-Coroner advised there were no significant exterior injuries

Times Picayune - 07/16/86
-Illustration; young, pretty woman with large eyes and a small slightly upturned nose
-Small scar on right knee, right wrist and upper abdomen
-Blood contained only minor amounts of caffeine and alcohol
-Estimated she died the day before (6/18)
-Illustration was produced by Inspector Harvey Pratt of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations

Times Picayune - 12/14/86
-She was young attractive shoulder length hair swept back from her face
-Investigators could only lift one complete fingerprint
-Investigators received a list of plastic surgeons around the country that have purchased Cox Uphoff implants
-Investigators have called or written 175 physicians
-When you got out of the local area it begins to get lost
-Autopsy determined woman died of asphyxiation but could not pinpoint if it was from drowning, suffocation or strangulation

Porchlight Case # LAF860619; Ruled Out Possible Matches Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified - Ruled Out Possible Matches

Trail of Bones: More Cases from the Files of a Forensic Anthropologist – Mary Manhein (2005)
Trail of Bones - More Cases from the Files of a Forensic Anthropologist - Dr Mary Manhein

Unsolved Murder Spotlight: Unsolved Murder Spotlight: The Slidell Jane Doe

Area Events & Misc Notes:
06/13/86 - Ted Neugent & Aerosmith - Mississippi Coast Coliseum, Biloxi, MS

Right Hip Compound Fracture:
LPJD must have incurred an immense amount of pain and a lengthy recovery period. During the recovery period a patient would need to use a walker or crutches for several months and attend physical therapy. Many of these types of injuries require surgery that include the usage of pins in the procedure. The injury was not recognized until LPJD was exhumed would pins deteriorate if LPJD had any at all ?

Right Hip Compound Fracture:
Broken Hip/Fracture occurs in the upper portion of your thighbone or femur. The top of the femur and part of the pelvic bone meet to form the hip.

Compound Fracture:
A fracture in which the broken bones cut through the skin. This type of fracture is more prone to infection and requires immediate medical attention.

Hip Fractures:
Common injuries after a front end accident. Due to the force of an accident can push up the leg to the hip and break the hip near the pelvis.

How fractures can occur: High-Energy forces; motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian struck by a vehicle, bicycling / motorcycle accidents or falling from a significant height.

Surgical:
Most hip injuries require surgery to repair the hip. Surgery is done as soon as possible after a hip fracture. Certain fractures that have not moved “displaced” may not require surgery. Because there is a risk that they may move later on they are often fixed. After surgery a common issue is leg length discrepancy a shoe lift may be needed to equalize the limb length.

Recovery:
Patient will not be fully weight-bearing for several months. Crutches, walker or a cane will be needed to aid mobilization.

OrthoInfo
American Academy of Orthopedic Information
Femur Shaft Fractures (Broken Thighbone) - OrthoInfo - AAOS

Fractures and Trauma
Stress Factures Saint Louis | Sports Injuries | Shoulder Dislocation Creve Coeur
http://health.howstuffworks.com/huma...ken-bones1.htm
Mary noted it was an old injury, the appearance of the bone was changing.

The bone is remodeled. Special cells called osteoclasts break down extra bone around the fracture until it's completely healed and returned to its original shape. Bone remodeling is a very slow process which can take anywhere from 3 to 9 years to complete!How Bones Heal | Ask A Biologist

Time Frame:
Given the estimated time found evening of Thur-6/19 estimated time in the water 36 hours she was dumped into the lake early morning of Wed-6/18.

Weather Conditions:
6/19 (Thur) – High 91.9 F / Low 79.0 F; Wind 5.3 – 12 kt, PPTN 0.00” (Fog/Thunder)
6/18 (Wed) – High 91.9 F / Low 70.0 F; Wind 5.1 – 8.9 kt, PPTN 0.04”
6/17 (Tue) – High 91.0 F / Low 75.9 F; Wind 3.4 – 9.9 kt, PPTN 0.35” (Thunder)

Age Range:
Originally the victim was believed to be between 17 – 20 years old. Manhein and her staff concluded that the victim was actually between 20 – 30 years of age. Manhein emphasized that it cannot be ruled out that the woman was in her mid-30’s.

Height Range:
Using a formula that uses the femur bone help Manhein and her staff conclude the victim was between 5’2” – 5’4” original reports stated the victim was between 5’7” – 5’8”.

Age Range:
20-30 * Do not rule out up to 35
AGE DOBY

• 20 1966
    • 21 1965
    • 22 1964
    • 23 1963
    • 24 1962
    • 25 1961
    • 26 1960
    • 27 1959
    • 28 1958
    • 29 1957
    • 30 1956
    • 31 1955
    • 32 1954
    • 33 1953
    • 34 1952
    • 35 1951
Breast Augmentation:
Cox Uphoff International (CUI) began marketing implants in 1976
(1976-1991) smooth single-lumen gel
(1977-1991) double-lumen
(1982-1993) reverse double-lumen
(1983-1988) triple-lumen
(1987-1991) gel-saline adjustable

(4) primary incisions for Breast Augmentation, odd that there has been no comments in regards to LPJD having scar from BA surgery

1.) Armpit
2.) Areola
3.) Breast Fold
4.) Tuba – Incision through navel this type of procedure was not performed until 1991

****BUMP****

I do wonder whom is handling her case as that I don't believe it is DDP. Possibly Parabon ?.. sure would like to know.
I can't find her in the recent DDP update, but I do know that St. Tammany Parish John Doe from 2016 is one of their cases and that Parabon Nanolabs is/has been involved with his case, too (PN did one of his recons, and he's among their featured cases on their website). Maybe she's still just at a early stage and whoever has her case do not want to announce it yet?

Ty Badcrumble, no worries I was notified by a couple of WS's here about the article and I literally lost my $#%×#%@×%# reading it..... as much as expected I'm exceptionally excited and thrilled. I can only hope will hear more as her research progresses and her rightful name returned to her.

Have researched her so i. Depth for so many years .... down to any the tid bit I could find that would produce a potential lead to her origins... all thus far no dice. Lots of info but still no name...

@folieadeuxnola Isn't this exiting! You, being her advocate for so long, must be very happy with this news. Like you I spent many hours searching for a possible match. Your research an summaries were always very helpful. I will wait patiently for more to come.

Post # 429

Had forgotten about the weights until it was mentioned in the latest article. Was able to trace it back a few years ago to a manufacturer in Alabama. Their distribution streams included Kmart in which one was a few miles away from where LPJD. All thou back in the day Kmart's were every where and tracing back to where it was purchased would be a needle in a haystack unfortunately.

Dumbell Weights

Believe I've found a possible match

Orbatron UltraKtron - 10kg / 22lb
Manufactured Diversified Products Corp - Opelika, AL (Closed 1998)

http://www.eastalabama.org/diversfied_products.aspx
Diversified Products | Encyclopedia of Alabama
http://exercise.lovetoknow.com/DP_Exercise_Equipment

James decided to capitalize on an idea for concrete weights covered with plastic derived from Mobile weightlifter Joe Newman. was given the trade name Orbatron. In November 1961

The development of this new plastic enclosed weight material called Orbatron; led the company into new products for lamp manufactures (lamp base weight ballast) and the production of marine anchors.

Sears, Roebuck, and Co. was the first national retailer to purchase a large quantity of weights

Other major retail outlets soon followed, including Montgomery Ward, J. C. Penney, Kmart, Wal-Mart, Zayre's, and Sam's Club

Diversified Products or “DP” became the largest manufacturer of physical fitness products in the world with plants in Opelika, California, Canada, Mexico, and Swansea, Wales.

Dumbell Weights

View attachment 107283View attachment 107284

Last edited:
NAMUS RULE OUTS AS OF 07/28/2019

MP37676
Nichole Fielding
07/11/1986
Wagoner OK

MP6998
Rozlin Abell
07/25/1985
Oklahoma OK

MP22513
Deborah Post
04/13/1986
Worcester MA

MP6910
Judy WORRELL
10/05/1981
Sacramento CA

MP8239
Amanda Fravel
06/13/1986
Clark NV

MP8284
Annette Vail
10/22/1984
Tulsa OK

MP23648
Susan Riedling
03/31/1986
Bullitt KY

MP1868
Shannon Potter
03/03/1984
Baltimore MD

MP11224
Debra Cressotti
04/30/1985
Hampden MA

MP1376
Tammy Leppert
07/06/1983
Brevard FL

MP1370
Faye Self
03/31/1983
Red River LA

MP10738
Mary Shinn
07/20/1978
Columbia AR

MP974
Patricia Schmidt
06/04/1985
Henrico VA

MP1100
Hazel Klug
05/20/1986
Henrico VA

MP8385
Nadine Timm
11/16/1965
Will IL

MP6022
Carol Donn
01/02/1981
Palm Beach FL

MP3063
Joyce Walcott
05/29/1986
Los Angeles CA

MP2075
Sally Stone
05/16/1986
Kootenai ID

MP1689
April Zane
04/18/1977
Will IL

Lisa Sexton
OH

MP1100
Hazel Klug
05/20/1986
Henrico VA

Something else that many have mentioned is the $20k for implants that is way out of the ballpark even for the early 80's. The most I have ever heard for at least within the metro area all the way up to BR is $12k at a state of the art facility with a high priced doctor. And that was in the last 10 year's .... in all it still points to some type of financial means background. Could she have been a dancer ....... possibly could she have married well or was involved with a financially stable individual..... possibly. Could it have been money received from an accident ... as someone pointed out to me he could have received settlement money from an accident. For years I have been searching via newspapers and ancestry for potentials all thou I have find a few that were indeed still missing that were not in a national database but now they are in NAmUS no one seem to fit the bill for LPJD.

In all hope we do hear progress of her case in the near future.

In this article from June 2019 they say:

While she hadn’t had any extensive dental work done, it was noted that her wisdom teeth had been removed. She also had four teeth missing, but it’s unknown if they were removed before death or if they were congenitally absent.

You could read it like; she missed her wisdom teeth and also four (other) teeth. I never saw this before.

Also still wondering about the mysterious call.

On June 18, 1986, police in Louisiana received a call from an unknown person saying they would find two bodies beneath an interstate bridge if they met up with a man at the state tourist information center on I-10, just west of Slidell, St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana. When they arrived, they found there was no one there to meet them. They searched around the I-10 and I-59 bridges for the bodies, but could find nothing.

What if Jane Doe was killed together with a significant other, as a couple, but this body was never found, also weighted down?

Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe

What if Jane Doe was killed together with a significant other, as a couple, but this body was never found, also weighted down?

RSBM

That seems possible. I believe there are sharks and maybe gators (although these are freshwater creatures, so I’m not sure) in the area or the body could’ve made its way out to sea.

It also makes me wonder if maybe this was planned as a murder suicide and the perp chickened out on the suicide part. But on the other hand, I think strangulation, and weighing down the murdered person’s body, would be a pretty unusual MO for that type of crime.

Post # 429

Had forgotten about the weights until it was mentioned in the latest article. Was able to trace it back a few years ago to a manufacturer in Alabama. Their distribution streams included Kmart in which one was a few miles away from where LPJD. All thou back in the day Kmart's were every where and tracing back to where it was purchased would be a needle in a haystack unfortunately.

Dumbell Weights

James decided to capitalize on an idea for concrete weights covered with plastic derived from Mobile weightlifter Joe Newman. was given the trade name Orbatron. In November 1961

The development of this new plastic enclosed weight material called Orbatron; led the company into new products for lamp manufactures (lamp base weight ballast) and the production of marine anchors.

Sears, Roebuck, and Co. was the first national retailer to purchase a large quantity of weights

Other major retail outlets soon followed, including Montgomery Ward, J. C. Penney, Kmart, Wal-Mart, Zayre's, and Sam's Club

Diversified Products or “DP” became the largest manufacturer of physical fitness products in the world with plants in Opelika, California, Canada, Mexico, and Swansea, Wales.

There use to be a Kmart and a Sears in Slidell. I did ask my brother in law to.see if he could get me some info on her case. Waiting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni