Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with you. I'm trying to figure out why Lindsay would be walking through The Coppice (and possibly to Accrington) late in the day when her daughter was coming for tea at 6pm? Especially as they had been out shopping that morning

Hi Kaykedi, Lindsay was last seen on CCTV walking down Burnley Road. The police have said she then turned off up Peel Park Avenue and headed towards The Coppice, so if she was heading into Accrington surely she would have carried on walking down Burnley Road? It looks to me as if you would cut through The Coppice to get to Huncoat, where i believe she lives?

Hi Kaykedi, Lindsay was last seen on CCTV walking down Burnley Road. The police have said she then turned off up Peel Park Avenue and headed towards The Coppice, so if she was heading into Accrington surely she would have carried on walking down Burnley Road? It looks to me as if you would cut through The Coppice to get to Huncoat, where i believe she lives?
To me The Coppice doesn't seem like a shortcut to anywhere. What's on the other side? It looks like a motorway and a few farms.

To me The Coppice doesn't seem like a shortcut to anywhere. What's on the other side? It looks like a motorway and a few farms.

It's not really a shortcut but there is a footpath from The Coppice that heads towards the motorway then winds it's way through some woodland before heading back to Huncoat via Kingsway/Higher Gate Road, although whether Lindsay would walk this way home i really don't know.

There's an awful lot of woodland around the Peel Park area, the police have got their work cut out searching through all of that.

It's not really a shortcut but there is a footpath from The Coppice that heads towards the motorway then winds it's way through some woodland before heading back to Huncoat via Kingsway/Higher Gate Road, although whether Lindsay would walk this way home i really don't know.

There's an awful lot of woodland around the Peel Park area, the police have got their work cut out searching through all of that.
BBM
That looks like a very nice walk to me.

I think I've got the direction the wrong way round. I'd thought Lindsay was walking from Huncoat to Accrington. Not Accrington to Huncoat

I think I've got the direction the wrong way round. I'd thought Lindsay was walking from Huncoat to Accrington. Not Accrington to Huncoat
No, I think you are right - I think she was walking from Huncoat to Accrington where she was spotted on CCTV. Maybe she did a loop? Walking first to the Coppice via Burnley road, then back via the footpath towards Huncoat?

As they first said she was wearing a blue and white striped jacket when she was last seen, is it possible that for some reason along her walk she changed in to the purple coat? And could she have perhaps taken some belongings with her but put them in her pocket because she didn't have a bag? Not having a bag and being on her own tells me that she might have only intended to pop out for a short while but I could be wrong. Really I hope it was something like she was secretly meeting a man inside the park and they have run off together, at least that way she would be safe hopefully.

Fingers crossed they find her! Is it normal for such a large search party to be out looking for someone? I'm probably wrong but I thought when people went missing, it was mainly the usual people who are trained in that kind of thing that searched as well as the odd member of public who perhaps knew the area?

Fingers crossed they find her! Is it normal for such a large search party to be out looking for someone? I'm probably wrong but I thought when people went missing, it was mainly the usual people who are trained in that kind of thing that searched as well as the odd member of public who perhaps knew the area?

I know what you mean regarding it being a large search. No, I don't think all searches are to this extent. She has captured the hearts of the local people I would say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member