GUILTY MI - Kenneth White, 32, killed by rock dropped from overpass, 18 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope they are all stupid enough to withdraw their pleas and decide to head to trial over second degree manslaughter.

Last edited:
have not been able to find an update...anyone else

New plea deals ahead for 4 suspects in deadly I-75 rock throwing case

Defense attorneys for the four suspects obtained a 30-day delay Tuesday, giving them more time to work on plea agreements. The plea deals are due by Sept. 13 and the teens will appear in court on Sept. 24.

The four suspects pleaded guilty to manslaughter, but they have the option to withdraw the plea after Farah's July 23 decision to reject a juvenile sentence.

After Farah's ruling against a juvenile sentence, the teens had the following choices:
-- Keep their guilty plea to manslaughter and accept an adult sentence, which likely means several months in prison.
-- Withdraw their pleas and head to trial on the original charge of second-degree murder.
-- Renegotiate a plea agreement with Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton.

have not been able to find an update...anyone else

I checked for updates several times yesterday but assumed the sentencing had been postponed. Sentencing was scheduled for 1:30 yesterday. WDIV had a live stream link for the sentencing but removed it around noon. Sentencing is now scheduled for September 24.

Family members protest for the man who died in the Clio rock throwing case

The family says White’s death is even more overwhelming now that the Clio teen convicted of killing 32-year-old White back in October 2017 is out on parole.

In 2019, Kyle Anger was sentenced to 39 months to 20 years in prison after throwing a rock off an I-75 overpass which caused White’s death.

According to the Michigan Department of Corrections, he was released on parole January 20.

White’s family tells me they weren’t warned about his release, and as victims, they feel they should have known.

upload_2021-2-23_14-37-6.jpeg
“Kyle Anger is out and I’m sure he didn’t get the assistance that the juvenile system would have provided,” said Mike Manley, attorney.

The other teens charged in the case – Mark Sekelsky, Mikadyn Payne, Trevor Gray, and Alexzander Miller – are still waiting for their sentences. Three of them are still in jail.

Manley represents Payne. He said he is waiting on a court of appeals decision as to whether the rest of the teens can be sentenced as juveniles. They were all originally going to be sentenced as adults

“Because the whole statute is what is the best sentence for a child and what is the best sentence for the community. An argument was if you send a child in their formidable years to learn their habits in a state prison, they don’t come back better,” Manley said.

Manley said they have been waiting for a decision since October. He said the juvenile system would be the better option for the teens because it provides resources to help them reform. He doesn’t believe prison provides the best help for people that will reenter society.

“These kids are worth saving. And I’m going to do everything in my power to save them and make them viable, productive members of society,” Manley said.

Anger will be a convicted murderer for the rest of his life. If the rest of the accused rock throwers are charged as juveniles, those sentences will not carry the same felony penalties.
Clio teen convicted of throwing rock that killed mid-Michigan man to be released on parole

3 in fatal Michigan rock-throwing case get probation (detroitnews.com)

Flint — Three young Michigan men who were teens when they were part of a rock-throwing incident that killed a motorist on Interstate 75 were put on probation after spending more than three years in custody while their case was stuck in court.

The court hearing Tuesday ended a saga that began in 2017 when Ken White was struck by a rock thrown from an overpass in Genesee County. He was a passenger in a van.

“I wish I could take back those regrettable, bad decisions,” Mark Sekelsky said. “I never intended to hurt anyone and now I have to live with it, knowing I was involved in someone’s untimely death.”...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasandrews
Back