Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farber v. Dulos
198.00 08/20/2019 D OBJECTION RE DISCOVERY OR DISCLOSURE
Document.gif
newred.gif
No
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17571799
OBJECTION – The Defendants object to this request on the grounds that it is not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence. The Defendants further object to this request on the grounds that it seeks materials that are confidential and sealed in the divorce case
OBJECTION – The Defendants object to this request on the grounds that it is not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence.
OBJECTION – The Defendants object to this request on the grounds that it is not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence.
OBJECTION – The Defendants object to this request on the grounds that it is not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence. Defendants further object to this request on the grounds that it seeks documents covered by the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine.

BBM: Oh, the drama! Give me a break. And really disingenuous. Who is he talking to that has any sense? Since there is no gag order yet Norm, and your client is so very innocent, I am waiting to hear the explanation for the Odyssey of Stupidity. The explanation you claim to have. A good laugh would start the day off right.

Ugh. I don't think he's helping. JMO.

Speedy Trials in Connecticut | DeMatteo Legal Solutions
The federal court system and each state have their own laws. In some, the time requirements apply unless waived by the defendant. In others, such as Connecticut, one must assert the speedy trial right.
Connecticut law provides that criminal trials commence no later than a year after charges are filed or the defendant is arrested, whichever is later.

I guess I was feeling merciful and had a temporary lapse in judgement. :D

Farber v. Dulos
198.00 08/20/2019 D OBJECTION RE DISCOVERY OR DISCLOSURE
Document.gif
newred.gif
No
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17571799
OBJECTION – The Defendants object to this request on the grounds that it is not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence. The Defendants further object to this request on the grounds that it seeks materials that are confidential and sealed in the divorce case
OBJECTION – The Defendants object to this request on the grounds that it is not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence. Defendants further object to this request on the grounds that it seeks documents covered by the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine.

Infuriating...give it up already! MOO.

My husband and I know a guy who was cheating on his wife (one of many times), with a mother of two children. At one point, he asked his wife to allow his girlfriend and her children to move into their house-of course his wife said “hell no”. She didn’t leave him, though, and now that he is dead (she didn’t kill him, I swear), he was the best husband and father that ever lived. How do men ever think they are going to pull stuff like this off? So there are at least 3 men (your husband, my husband’s teammate, and FD) that we know of who thought this might fly...in what universe?
As I've said before, this is much more common than most people realize. We just don't hear about.
there's a case in the news now in the competitive horse world involving Olympian
Michael Barisone, Dressage rider/trainer/coach. He recently was arrested
for shooting a student of his twice in chest
on his luxury farm in Morris Co. N.J. where he
was living with his gf and her 2 children.
rumor is he has a mean drinking problem and
recently his wife divorced him but not before
he tried to move in the gf and her kids.
He's sitting in jail now, no bail, til his case is heard for 2 counts of attempted murder and
2 counts of illegal possession of guns.

My point is, it's not so uncommon.

You know how some news cases you see a person receive an outpouring of cards or notes from strangers around the US in a showing of support? I'd like to do this for GF. Is it appropriate? Would we send them to her lawyer's office? What do you all think? MOO.

If he does happen to show up in court for this week’s proceeding, I can’t imagine that he will be candid. It just does not appear to be in his nature. Or in his best interest, from his perspective.
Judge in the case has IMO been moving this case along quickly over the past 2 months and seems at the end of his rope in terms of patience for more delay from FD. I do think adverse inference might be possible in the civil case if FD takes the 5th and IMO this would simply result in judgment for GF. A $2.5-$3.0 million judgment IMO would be the death knell for FORE and unless the liquid assets exist to pay the judgment (don't think so as its long gone IMO) then liquidation of the inventory would take place. But as time consuming and costly as this would be, at least it would represent closure for GF on this sorry chapter of her daughters marriage to FD.

But I keep circling back to FD and his claims about missing and caring for his children. I have a hard time reconciling these statements of 'caring' and 'missing' with the legal legacy and long paper trail of destruction he has left in his wake both individually and via FORE. FD via this civil action with GF IMO which will mean the end of FORE Group, did in fact destroy any legacy of achievement and accomplishment for his 5 children to look back upon when they circle back themselves to try and make sense of this horrific situation.

Assuming the FD motivation for the civil suit was revenge against GF and JD pure and simple (seems petty in my mind but I'll go with it absent something concrete), I wonder why destroy your legacy and image in the eyes of your children to say nothing about destroying your reputation as a business person?

It just seems like we could be witnessing the absolute self destruction of FD and I am trying to figure out why do it when there was a way through the situation? I guess logic has zero to do with this too and that is part of the problem in trying to figure it all out. But I would have thought that a parent would seek to preserve their legacy with their children but that doesn't seem to enter into the equation so far as I can tell either here with FD.

Baffling and sadly so unnecessary IMO.

MOO MOO

You know how some news cases you see a person receive an outpouring of cards or notes from strangers around the US in a showing of support? I'd like to do this for GF. Is it appropriate? Would we send them to her lawyer's office? What do you all think? MOO.
Sending a card c/o any of the lawyers would work.

Here is the Hartford atty for the civil case:

ATTORNEY MARK H. DEAN, TRUSTEE OF THE CT RE 2019 TRUST
Attorney:
lile.gif
WEINSTEIN & WISSER PC (045674)
SUITE 207
29 SOUTH MAIN STREET
WEST HARTFORD, CT 06107

Plead the Fifth. It’s all over.

Pleading the fifth is different in a civil trial, if I remember correctly. In a criminal case, the judge or jury are not supposed to interpret the silence negatively, or draw conclusions about what be be unsaid. In a civil trial, they can draw reasonable conclusions about what was unsaid.

If the prosecution asks, “did you open the cookie jar and remove a cookie?” in a criminal trial and the defendant refuses to answer, the judge and jury evaluate the evidence as if the question were never asked..

In a civil trial, they can make inferences - such as the answer is probably yes or the defendant would have answered- especially if there is other info such as a trail of crumbs to the defendants bedroom.

MOO- I’m not a legal expert.[/QUOTE]
Nope. You are correct. This issue was researched in a prior thread and @gitana1 helped us understand it better. We saw this issue play out in Family Court where there was an 'adverse inference' made by Judge Heller when FD took the 5th in her court. Judge Heller actually included a reference to this event in her final opinion where she gave custody to GF.

So, FD could take the 5th in the civil case but (like Family Court) it would be subject to 'adverse inference' in the civil case (Criminal Court is treated differently - see link below for explanation).

But I also wonder about the long list of financial documents (tax returns, bank statements etc.) that GF atty asked for as well. FD has been fighting to not share these items with both Family Court and Civil Court so I wonder what will happen if he doesn't deliver what has been requested yet again? Will he be held in contempt? Will Judge simply issue judgment in favor of GF? Will FD be given more time to comply? IDK

Fifth Amendment Right Against Self-Incrimination - FindLaw

Oh no. The below document just showed up today on the SAME day that FD is due to be deposed in the civil case.

Should have looked at the Civil Case file online before making my last post about how FD might/could respond to GF request for additional info as this was just filed by FD.

FD/atty just responded on this issue and it looks like YET AGAIN they are trying to buy more time (60 days I believe) and claim privilege along with stating that some of the documents are sealed in the Family Court matter.

Wonder what the Judge will do with such an obvious delay tactic?

Attachments

• fdobjects.pdf
    463.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Oh no. The below document just showed up today on the SAME day that FD is due to be deposed in the civil case.

Should have looked at the Civil Case file online before making my last post about how FD might/could respond to GF request for additional info as this was just filed by FD.

FD/atty just responded on this issue and it looks like YET AGAIN they are trying to buy more time (60 days I believe) and claim privilege along with stating that some of the documents are sealed in the Family Court matter.

Wonder what the Judge will do with such an obvious delay tactic?

Does this cancel out appearing today?

My husband and I know a guy who was cheating on his wife (one of many times), with a mother of two children. At one point, he asked his wife to allow his girlfriend and her children to move into their house-of course his wife said “hell no”. She didn’t leave him, though, and now that he is dead (she didn’t kill him, I swear), he was the best husband and father that ever lived. How do men ever think they are going to pull stuff like this off? So there are at least 3 men (your husband, my husband’s teammate, and FD) that we know of who thought this might fly...in what universe?

It is truly beyond belief. I can’t even believe it and I lived it.

Wonder what it means that FD is actually wearing a tie.
Attorneys for Jennifer Dulos’ mother question Fotis about finances
Some interesting quotes from above article:

"Divorce documents filed in Stamford family court about two weeks before the disappearance indicate attorneys for Jennifer Dulos claimed her husband turned over "improper" financial information, concealing assets and making it appear that he and his company were candidates for bankruptcy".

"Fotis Dulos claimed he had no construction projects under contract for 2019 and was "too poor" to hire someone to evaluate the actual worth of his business, according to court documents filed by Jennifer Dulos’ attorneys".

"In the financial affidavits Fotis Dulos filed on May 7, he claimed he had a net worth of $363,228 and had as much as $7 million in debt".

"The attorneys for Jennifer Dulos concluded from the filings that Fotis Dulos "stonewalled discovery of his personal and business finances and engaged in conduct designed and intended to hide the true nature of various business transactions during periods relevant to this action for dissolution of the marriage."

"The documents drafted by Jennifer Dulos’ attorneys, claiming her husband was not paying child support and was hiding assets, were filed less than three weeks before the disappearance".

Here's video of Murray's statement:
https://tinyurl.com/yxgny4xd

(EBM to correct spelling of counsel's name)
Looks like a continuation of deny and delay tactics that have been going on for so long. Sad to watch this happening. I hope the Judge sees through this sham and simply ends the charade as it will never end IMO w/o judicial intervention.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members