Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

I agree. I don't think she'd go down a road that is closed to vehicles by accident.

If she really was seen getting gas in Dubois, I don't think she could have been running out of gas. It appears to be 30-40 miles from Dubois to the Leeds Creek area. Even if she was going in circles, and even if she did not fill up, I would think she could have gone way further than 40 miles.

Thank you. When you zoom in, this stretch of road is still called Union Pass Road (600) on Google maps for a ways, although it clearly veers off of Union Pass Road (600). It's easy to see how somebody could get utterly lost out there, even if the gps was working.
I thought the same thing. It would be very easy to take the wrong road by mistake.

I thought the same thing. It would be very easy to take the wrong road by mistake.

Is it a road that she wouldn't have been able to turn around on, once she took the road by mistake?
I can't think of any other reason to park and abandon the truck, except if she couldn't back out and couldn't maneuver the truck to turn around.

Idk, but I did not see that she bought gas. Yes, she bought something, drink, snack; but maybe did not have enough money for gas.
She did not have credit or debit card. Avalanche holds 31 gallons of gas and gets about 14-19mpg.
So my guess is... out of gas. Waited a while in the truck. When no one came, she went to try and walk for help, and to get a cell connection.

Idk, but I did not see that she bought gas. Yes, she bought something, drink, snack; but maybe did not have enough money for gas.
She did not have credit or debit card. Avalanche holds 31 gallons of gas and gets about 14-19mpg.
So my guess is... out of gas. Waited a while in the truck. When no one came, she went to try and walk for help, and to get a cell connection.
She supposedly made two stops in Dubois. One for gas and one for a power drink and directions. I had forgotten that she didn't have a credit card!

Is it a road that she wouldn't have been able to turn around on, once she took the road by mistake?
I can't think of any other reason to park and abandon the truck, except if she couldn't back out and couldn't maneuver the truck to turn around.
Obviously, things can be different in the more recent time frame but from the satellite view of the area that doesn't seem to be the case that she wouldn't be able to turn around.

Thank you for those maps. It looks like they searched around the path that Aubree took, but it appears they didn't search that particular area. I've just been so worried about Aubree, and the thought of her stranded and lost has just been haunting me.

Here is the link to the update from the Sublette County Sheriff's Office FB page:

Sublette County Sheriff's Office

"11 hours ago
(Pinedale, Wyo –August 18th, 2019) The vehicle reported to be driven by missing person Aubree Corona located in Fremont County.

Today, August 18th 2019 investigators from Sublette and Fremont County have responded to the Leeds Creek area in Fremont County. The vehicle Aubree Corona was reported to be driving when she went missing was located on a non-traveled road in that area.

At the time of this release, we have no indication of Aubree’s location. However, detectives are now actively working the scene for clues and we will release more information as it becomes available.

Miss Corona is still listed as a missing person. This new discovery is a step towards finding Aubree, however until she is found we are urging the public to come forward if you have any information regarding her whereabouts. Please contact the Sublette County Sheriff’s Office 307-367-4378

###

Sergeant Travis Bingham
Public Information Officer
Sublette County Sheriff's Office
35 1/2 S. Tyler Ave, PO Box 701
Pinedale, WY 82941
tbingham@subso.com
Office 307.367.5236
Cell 307-360-7737"

This update was linked from the body of a news article that was posted earlier, but I wanted to post it in its entirety. There are already 58 comments, with some from relatives.

At first blush my mind goes to someone dumping the car there. And taking Aubree elsewhere.

Here is the timeline from @montanagirl15 that mentions that at the first gas station (Pit Stop) she purchased gas and at the second gas station (Taylor Creek Exxon) she purchased an energy drink and got a map and directions via paved roads.

WY - WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

I wonder why they weren't able to use Onstar to locate that vehicle. That model car should have had it factory installed, even if there was no subscription.

By now they know if there was gas in the tank and if the vehicle is in working condition.

If you did run out of gas, why not unload the bike and take your chances learning how to ride it?

By now they know if there was gas in the tank and if the vehicle is in working condition.

If you did run out of gas, why not unload the bike and take your chances learning how to ride it?

If there were no ramps, she could have been worried about damaging the bike.. if she didn't fully grasp the severity of the situation, this may have led her to not risk the damage.

She also could have walked back to the road to flag someone down, or got a ride from someone.. I hope they publish the findings with the truck. Pictures of it where it was found and a pinned location on Google maps would be super helpful for us to keep running through scenarios.

@Corona81 I am sorry your sister is missing!

Verified Professional and Insider Members

This is a link to how to become a verified insider (V.I.)

I am not a Mod, but want to pass on that your posts may get removed if you don't get verified as you are speaking on behalf of the family.

You have helpful information that can assist the sleuthers here with throwing out ideas for your search and it would be frustrating for everyone to see your posts get removed.

We want to help!
JMO

I'm trying to catch up on this case but it looks like a lot of posts are missing from the beginning.

Did she tell people where she was heading?

Did she call anyone to say she was lost?

I read somehing about loggers. Did people help her during the time she was missing?

What time did she leave the campsite?

What time was the last time anyone heard from her?

Who else was at the campsite?

Is there a map showing the campsite, the place she supposedly ended up when she got lost and where her car was found?

I know I'm asking a lot. But if anyone has answers I would really appreciate it!!

I wonder why they weren't able to use Onstar to locate that vehicle. That model car should have had it factory installed, even if there was no subscription.

OnStar was disconnected. No one knows when, or by whom. (I had a tentative theory that the previous owner might have used the fuse, (in their mind completely unneeded, since they didn’t subscribe to OnStar,) for something else. It’s just my speculation—if anyone thinks of a reason it can’t be true, feel free to speak up!

If there were no ramps, she could have been worried about damaging the bike.. if she didn't fully grasp the severity of the situation, this may have led her to not risk the damage.

She also could have walked back to the road to flag someone down, or got a ride from someone.. I hope they publish the findings with the truck. Pictures of it where it was found and a pinned location on Google maps would be super helpful for us to keep running through scenarios.
Also, would be helpful if the seat has been adjusted for someone much taller than she.

OnStar was disconnected. No one knows when, or by whom. (I had a tentative theory that the previous owner might have used the fuse, (in their mind completely unneeded, since they didn’t subscribe to OnStar,) for something else. It’s just my speculation—if anyone thinks of a reason it can’t be true, feel free to speak up

From her boyfriend, a VI.

Being her boyfriend from the campsite and yes being a mechanic for 13yrs I never touched the onstar fuse. To be honest I was unaware of there even being such a thing. I bought the avalanche in 2011 and on replaced the stock stereo a new battery and new water pump. Other than that I never had any issues so if it isn't bothering u why mess with it

I'm trying to catch up on this case but it looks like a lot of posts are missing from the beginning.

I read somehing about loggers. Did people help her during the time she was missing?

Is there a map showing the campsite, the place she supposedly ended up when she got lost and where her car was found?

I know I'm asking a lot. But if anyone has answers I would really appreciate it!!
I suggest starting with the time line her mother provided that I linked above and then going through her posts from the beginning. There are maps with roads marked back earlier in the thread as well.

Here is a link to a post I made that has two map links that show the path of travel based on what @montanagirl15 gave in the time line. Where she was seen in the Sheridan Creek area has two possible paths to the highway that the logger could have led her so I provided both.

Here is my map from Post #2 that showed the google route from the campsite to Dubois, going through Union Pass. Aubree was not camping at a campground, just at some location around New Forks Lakes. I have circled Pinedale, because that is where Aubree was intending to drive to:

upload_2019-8-20_17-35-56.png

ETA Google Maps

*She was headed to Pinedale to take a breathalyzer at the sheriffs office. She left at 7a.

*text about 3p to her boyfriend, at camp.

*a logger had her follow him down a mountain road but when he got to the end, she wasn't behind him. He did notify LE.

*7a

*3p

Her little kids, her boyfriend, his family and friends.

Camp to Dubois, wrong side of Union Pass
8/18/19 Based on area maps, this is the likely location the vehicle was found, on Forest Road 670 near Leeds Creek. (from Jethro4WS). Click magnifier symbol to enlarge.

gitana I did the quote thing wrong, but the answers are inside the quote, sorry.

Here is my map from Post #2 that showed the google route from the campsite to Dubois, going through Union Pass. Aubree was not camping at a campground, just at some location around New Forks Lakes. I have circled Pinedale, because that is where Aubree was intending to drive to:

View attachment 199400

ETA Google Maps

Thank you!! So did her car end up in Dubois?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back