TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A prison can employ a lot of people, I wonder if they checked all these out. I'm sure they probably did.

Could she have been going to the prison cemetery? Halloween night, not caring that it was already late. Maybe she was going to see someone she knew who was executed or died in prison?

EDIT: I located the cemetery and its no where near the prison like I assumed it was. Even today it seems like mostly farm land around the prison. A few houses around but not much else.

Last edited:
I haven’t read every post, but the prison parking lot could have just been a place to meet someone. The prison would have been a known location in the town. May have had absolutely nothing to do with the prison itself rather just a place to meet. Especially if someone is hitching a ride it would much easier to get to the prison than a house located in an obscure area.

Maybe it was a good halfway point meeting spot. When I was a kid we used to meet family members that lived 4 hours from us at a halfway point. My cousins would ride back to our house for a visit or vice versa. While the other party drove back home.

I haven’t read every post, but the prison parking lot could have just been a place to meet someone. The prison would have been a known location in the town. May have had absolutely nothing to do with the prison itself rather just a place to meet. Especially if someone is hitching a ride it would much easier to get to the prison than a house located in an obscure area.

Maybe it was a good halfway point meeting spot. When I was a kid we used to meet family members that lived 4 hours from us at a halfway point. My cousins would ride back to our house for a visit or vice versa. While the other party drove back home.
I’m not sure the prison would be such a good place for that. Would they just let people hang around in the parking lot at night? I think it has a fence around it. If she was meeting someone around there it would be so much easier to meet in town and then go to the second location. Especially since she was hitchhiking and there probably wouldn’t be very many people driving that direction.

Could she have been going to the prison cemetery? Halloween night, not caring that it was already late. Maybe she was going to see someone she knew who was executed or died in prison?

EDIT: I located the cemetery and its no where near the prison like I assumed it was. Even today it seems like mostly farm land around the prison. A few houses around but not much else.

I had thought of a visit to the prison cemetery too but now your saying it wasn't even close so I don't know. On the other hand would WCJD have known this or would she assume it was on the prison grounds like we did? The cemetery angle is probably not very likely but still possible I guess.
I was wondering if when she said she had a friend there if she could have been being sarcastic. Sometimes people refer to their enemy as their friend. Could someone have been doing time in this prison that had somehow caused her pain in her life and she was going there to give them a piece of her mind or just to ask them why? Just a thought.

I had thought of a visit to the prison cemetery too but now your saying it wasn't even close so I don't know. On the other hand would WCJD have known this or would she assume it was on the prison grounds like we did? The cemetery angle is probably not very likely but still possible I guess.
I was wondering if when she said she had a friend there if she could have been being sarcastic. Sometimes people refer to their enemy as their friend. Could someone have been doing time in this prison that had somehow caused her pain in her life and she was going there to give them a piece of her mind or just to ask them why? Just a thought.
I had that thought too so I was looking at major crimes in the Aransas Pass area where the criminals were sent to Ellis. I found a few. One in particular was a woman killed while working at a store. I tried to find out if she had a daughter that age.

I had never heard of AdvanceDNA until today. It is a private firm, with similarities to public GEDMatch. AdvanceDNA recently solved a 1993 Ohio case of attempted murder using genealogy.

Despite being a private company they take recommendations on Jane Doe cases. If Walker County is going to drag its butt on this case maybe a new aggressive company with high aspirations would like to boost its profile via a solve. This is the related section on the AdvanceDNA website: https://advancedna.org/services

"Decedent Identification

Leverage our team of forensic genealogists to reunite an unknown decedent, such as a John or Jane Doe, with their identity. Our team accepts recommendations from the community, contact us to recommend a case."

I had never heard of AdvanceDNA until today. It is a private firm, with similarities to public GEDMatch. AdvanceDNA recently solved a 1993 Ohio case of attempted murder using genealogy.

Despite being a private company they take recommendations on Jane Doe cases. If Walker County is going to drag its butt on this case maybe a new aggressive company with high aspirations would like to boost its profile via a solve. This is the related section on the AdvanceDNA website: https://advancedna.org/services

"Decedent Identification

Leverage our team of forensic genealogists to reunite an unknown decedent, such as a John or Jane Doe, with their identity. Our team accepts recommendations from the community, contact us to recommend a case."

I'm a little confused on this one. Wouldn't they need more than a recommendation from one of us? Wouldn't the investigating agency still have to approve because how would they get the DNA to do it with? Am I missing something here or are they just saying instead of waiting on a request that they will go to LE and make an offer?

I'm a little confused on this one. Wouldn't they need more than a recommendation from one of us? Wouldn't the investigating agency still have to approve because how would they get the DNA to do it with? Am I missing something here or are they just saying instead of waiting on a request that they will go to LE and make an offer?
I read this as a way for them to market themselves. We as a community have our "superstars", you know, certain cases that have gained more attention than others, like WCJD. By taking on one of these cases (and, not at least, solving them!), AdvanceDNA will gain reputation and publicity enough to be automatically approached by LE and taking on more cases. DDP also encourages recommendations from the community, even if LE still has to approach them and not the other way around. It's about getting their name out there.

I don't think Walker County is trying to prevent identification. They want it solved just as bad as we do. They have her DNA and its been compared to reported missing persons. We don't know how good the sample was since she was buried for years prior to collection. If anything its likely a lack of funding that has stopped them.

It's to bad they can't at least use the genealogy websites, and locate some of her relatives.

I still don't underatand that myself. GEDmatch reached out to Walker Co. LE and if I understand that right That's all GEDmatch reported: we've reached out to walker county law enforcement regarding walker co jane doe..period. we still dont know why GEDmatch does not have the case for DNA matching etc. If I understand this right GEDMatch just had a major donation and surely LE knows this case will be funded really quick.
Can anyone enlighten me?
Edit to add: this information is incorrect see post 719 of this thread for clarification per @CCJD

Last edited:
I still don't underatand that myself. GEDmatch reached out to Walker Co. LE and if I understand that right That's all GEDmatch reported: we've reached out to walker county law enforcement regarding walker co jane doe..period. we still dont know why GEDmatch does not have the case for DNA matching etc. If I understand this right GEDMatch just had a major donation and surely LE knows this case will be funded really quick.
Can anyone enlighten me?

It was DNA Doe Project that received the large donation, not GEDmatch. Also, Margaret Press said on the DDP FB page that WCJD has not been offered to them, they would gladly take her but it sounds like others are working on her. (Post 719 of this thread).

It was DNA Doe Project that received the large donation, not GEDmatch. Also, Margaret Press said on the DDP FB page that WCJD has not been offered to them, they would gladly take her but it sounds like others are working on her. (Post 719 of this thread).
Thank you
Can anyone enlighten me?
Edit to add: this information is incorrect see post 719 of this thread for clarification per
Thank You! I edited my post to reflect the post 719 info so I'm not spreading inaccurate info.

I have read through most of the pages and this one is still shocking to me - how can a parent not know their child? Even if she was a runaway - is there no one recognizing her? It is just so sad to me.

Debra Jackson aka Orange socks died only a few hours away from where she went missing from and it wasn't until this year (maybe late last year I can't remember 100%) that her sister put the pieces together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member