Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
So seems no one asked can verify BS attending.

Which, doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't there. I've been to lots of school assemblies and unless I directly had a conversation with someone there's no way I'd remember who was and wasn't at specific assemblies. It's kind of unfortunate there aren't ways to verify it like sign ins or CCTV but most public schools don't do that kind of thing.

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 1m1 minute ago
Ms Eschler has now been excused. There will be no further witnesses called today, so the inquest will be suspended until tomorrow when Paul Savage will resume his testimony. It is not clear why they are unable to call any other witnesses today. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 28s28 seconds ago
The coroner acknowledged “how frustrating it is that there is court time we are not going to use” before adjourning. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Wow you'd think they would've arranged other witnesses to be called earlier...What a waste of time

IIRC, someone did. They said when the boy in Spedding care won an award he looked over and saw BS give approving nod. I will look back and see what page in this thread it was posted.
True, but they also stated they could not remember if it was the assembly held on the 12th Sept or not lol.. UGGHH!

In reference to Gordon Wiegold: :D

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 20h20 hours ago

The court has resumed with Laurieton man Gordon Wiegold on the stand. The court heard he had a child who attended the local school at the time. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He is asked if he attended a school assembly at the Laurieton Public school for his child where they sang Hallelujah. He told the court he doesn’t remember which day but he recalls being there. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He is asked if he knew the Spedding family back in 2014. He tells the court he did know them through the local AFL club and the local school. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He is asked if he recalls a boy in Spedding’s care at the time getting and award at a school assembly back in 2014. He said he does recall and remembers seeing the child leave and “high fiving” him on the way out. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He is asked if he saw Mr Spedding at the assembly where the child got the award. He responds “most certainly”. “When the children filed out... I looked back and saw Bill nod in approval”. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Spedding’s lawyer is now questioning him. He asked if he told police he was at a school assembly on the 12th of Sept, 2014. He said he doesn’t remember if the assembly where he saw Spedding was on that day. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

BBM

Which, doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't there. I've been to lots of school assemblies and unless I directly had a conversation with someone there's no way I'd remember who was and wasn't at specific assemblies. It's kind of unfortunate there aren't ways to verify it like sign ins or CCTV but most public schools don't do that kind of thing.
Yes I agree but I recall speddings saying a friend was with them that day and there would be photos to verify ? Wonder where this person is or who for that matter

Theyd know what day it would be from school records of the awards handed out, surely?
Yeah, you'd think so!! Maybe same kids got rewards over and over though lol...like the good kids always trying so always get something at every assembly. Have known that to happen a lot. Who knows though!

Yes, but here is the tweet that came after that one lol

Spedding’s lawyer is now questioning him. He asked if he told police he was at a school assembly on the 12th of Sept, 2014. He said he doesn’t remember if the assembly where he saw Spedding was on that day. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

BBM
He remembers it being the day of the grandchild's award and the Hallelujah singing. Angela now connects those two factors with the specific date 12/9/14. All we need is to know whether the Hallelujah singing happened on any other occasion and perhaps whether it was unusual for the grandchild to be given an award.

He remembers it being the day of the grandchild's award and the Hallelujah singing. Angela now connects those two factors with the specific date 12/9/14. All we need is to know whether the Hallelujah singing happened on any other occasion and perhaps whether it was unusual for the grandchild to be given an award.
I wonder how we can find that information out then? Surely the police looked into all that.

If the coroner herself can't control it, who can?

It seems like such a waste of time and resources.

(I mean the way it's being run; not that the inquest is happening in the first place)

Last edited:
I wonder how we can find that information out then? Surely the police looked into all that.
Back in the threads someone posted school info on assembly/awards. Timeline was odd as didn’t work with BS talk of coffee before . We still have to hear from the coffee shop owners too I believe .

Hey everyone! Sorry to but in, I have followed Williams case since he went missing tho not exclusively more msm and I don't know all the ins and outs tho I know quite a bit, I don't have the time to go all through the threads, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they truly believe that this inquest will get to the bottom of what really happened to little William? I can't say I really know how the Australian justice system works but I've also read up on Daniel morcambe a little because his case come up with williams so it seems the inquest worked in his case? Just wondering and tia.

Hi Ree,
I reckon it will be beneficial. I remember the Morcombes encouraging William's family to go through with an inquest to get answers. This whole case has been so confusing!
It seems a lot of people are being called in to answer questions. The inquest has the feel of a trial without an accused. This inquest will be very helpful IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd