Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangeworld

Reaction score
An Australian man and his American girlfriend have died in suspicious circumstances in Canada, sparking fears they may have been murdered.

Lucas Fowler is reported to be the son of senior NSW police officer, Inspector Stephen Fowler. He was found dead alongside his girlfriend, North Carolina woman Chynna Deese, in British Columbia earlier this week sparking fears of foul play.

Chynna’s sister Kennedy Deese wrote they pair were “homicide victims along a remote stretch of highway in Canada while on a road trip.”

An older style blue mini-van the pair was believed to have been travelling was found at the scene.

Canadian police are looking for anyone who saw the vehicle or offered assistance. They’re also appealing for anyone that travelled the stretch of highway around the time of the discovery to come forward, according to a RCMP media release.

3a2787b59f5c65af6f791d5450ed875f

673a3c10aa32ec585e2f11501db9cf48

Australian man found dead in Canada

Media, Maps & Timeline thread

Initial thread on suspects McLeod and Schmegelsky (now closed)

The Rules (aka Terms of Service aka TOS)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15 - Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #15
Thread #16 - Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #16

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m really curious if Kam had been talking with one of his online buddies and had received what he believed to be a genuine offer of work up north.
I say Kam because Bryer didn’t tell his dad until last possible moment, he only told his grandmother and Uncle the day before. I imagine if it was him that had the offer of employment he would have mentioned it to them the day before. At this point we do not know what, if anything, Kam told his parents.
Imagining that Kam believed there was a whole new world about to open up for him it would make sense that he prepared for it in the sense of getting money together, for the trip and food for a while until getting a pay check from new job. Applying for PAL and buying a hunting rifle could have been because they expected to be up north and hunting season was only a month away. Could have even been something a potential employer suggested. I can see him asking if his best friend could also find work, partly because I believe he felt protective of Bryer and also because they were best friends. It would also make sense to pack up their desktops etc. That to me says there was some long term consideration given of setting up in a work camp or even a bachelor type pad and working. (also you don’t buy a hunting rifle to go on a killing spree, you would buy something more capable of quick sustained repeatable ease of shooting)

Somewhere something went drastically wrong and that’s when it became a public mystery in real time.

For my own personal attempt at trying to understand if anything could have been done to prevent this, what red flags could be used for possibly helping prevent something like this from happening again.
•What preempted the leaving of Port Alberni? Was it a genuine effort of obtaining work or was that an excuse given. Family, friends, digital trail might be able to offer some insight about this. Digital trail might offer the most insight.
•What transpired in the days before Lucas and Chynna were killed? Dash cam, highway cams and people reporting their interactions with them could help answer this.
•Did Kam and Bryer actually meet Lucas and Chynna on the road somewhere before and interacted with them or were they bonafide strangers to them.
•Evidence that they were responsible for the murders of Lucas and Chynna?
•Why hang around if they were responsible for the murders of Lucas and Chynna?
•Was needing a vehicle the only reason Leonard Dyck died? Was there something else that resulted in his murder and taking his car was because of that?

I know that it’s unlikely the police report will be that thorough. I imagine that it will be years before the public learns enough to feel like they finally know what happened. At this point the public is only a curious peanut gallery, but I do hope all the families learn enough to not be tortured by what ifs and why.

Last edited:
He did not make a public statement Wednesday, instead a small sign was taped to the window of his home asking people to stay away...”
But he doesn't have a home, if you refer to a home in PA that would be his grandmother's (Bryer's) or his mother and her boyfriend's home.

I wonder if they requested to be buried or cremated together. Their relationship feels like something more than just BFF's.

They can't be cremated together, but if the families agreed, and I very much doubt they would, their ashes could perhaps be mixed together and scattered etc.

Are cremations done individually?

Yes. Laws require that only one person (placed in a casket or container) be cremated at a time.

Q & A Cremation

I’m really curious if Kam had been talking with one of his online buddies and had received what he believed to be a genuine offer of work up north.
I say Kam because Bryer didn’t tell his dad until last possible moment, he only told his grandmother and Uncle the day before. I imagine if it was him that had the offer of employment he would have mentioned it to them the day before. At this point we do not know what, if anything, Kam told his parents.
Imagining that Kam believed there was a whole new world about to open up for him it would make sense that he prepared for it in the sense of getting money together, for the trip and food for a while until getting a pay check from new job. Applying for PAL and buying a hunting rifle could have been because they expected to be up north and hunting season was only a month away. Could have even been something a potential employer suggested. I can see him asking if his best friend could also find work, partly because I believe he felt protective of Bryer and also because they were best friends. It would also make sense to pack up their desktops etc. That to me says there was some long term consideration given of setting up in a work camp or even a bachelor type pad and working. (also you don’t buy a hunting rifle to go on a killing spree, you would buy something more capable of quick sustained repeatable ease of shooting)

Somewhere something went drastically wrong and that’s when it became a public mystery in real time.

Interesting theory!

I agree, it just seems weird to me that they took all their belongings if this was planned to be a murder-suicide spree the whole time. It's possible, but it just doesn't seem consistent. Usually suicidal people are not attached to their belongings. Plus, you would think having that many belongings would be a huge liability in a planned spree situation, as it would make their vehicle more visible and less easily navigable. And I imagine it would increase the chance of vehicle trouble, although admittedly I know nothing about cars.

If there was some offer of work that didn't work out (or maybe something like where they thought work was offered but it turned out there was a miscommunication) that could definitely be the "intolerable insult" trigger that pushed them into a rage. Then, who knows, maybe they encountered Lucas and Chynna earlier on and had some type of bad interaction (like people speculated maybe they were acting creepy and were told off) and then decided to take out their rage on them. Or maybe it was random, or maybe it was because they were a happy couple.

They can't be cremated together, but if the families agreed, and I very much doubt they would, their ashes could perhaps be mixed together and scattered etc.

I doubt that will ever happen. I doubt the two families will even be able to live in the same town as each other after this.

“Previously, Schmegelsky’s father Alan told reporters that he did not expect his son to be found alive. He did not make a public statement Wednesday, instead a small sign was taped to the window of his home asking people to stay away...”

He's homeless and lives in Victoria, so the news had an error in reporting. That was probably Bryer's grandmother or mom's home.

I've always wondered about that statement by the news reporter about the sign in AS's window. It doesn't make sense with what we've read about AS's homelessness...

I agree, it just seems weird to me that they took all their belongings if this was planned to be a murder-suicide spree the whole time.

Where did that idea originate that they packed all their belongings?
Is it a speculation?

I doubt that will ever happen. I doubt the two families will even be able to live in the same town as each other after this.

This happened in Canada. I could see all the parents involved just staying where they live where they have friends and family.

They may in hindsight see flags just as the rest of us may but they are victims too.

This happened in Canada. I could see all the parents involved just staying where they live where they have friends and family.

They may in hindsight see flags just as the rest of us may but they are victims too.

I don't know, would you want to risk running into the other set of family members around town and bringing up all those memories, every day for the rest of your life? And having everyone point and whisper about you wherever you went, forever? I doubt either family will stay in the area.

You figure they owned nothing else? Ok then.
I don't think they took 'ALL' their belongings. But they took two desktops for their gaming , and cooking stuff for meals and their clothing , and apparently their rifles.

I'm not sure how much else, 2 very young men would have. They probably sold some stuff before they left on their trip, since they moved out of their apartment. Most would sell couches, tv, etc, to get cash for the trip.

If they knew they were on a suicide mission, would they lug all that bulky stuff along?

They probably sold some stuff before they left on their trip, since they moved out of their apartment.

Didn’t they both live with family? Bryer lives with his grandmother. His computer and airgun, a few clothes were probably his only real possessions. Kam lived at home with his parents didn’t he?

Someone shared photos of the burnt out RAV4 earlier today. Looks like it was towed there and left, with a blue bag of ash and garbage sitting open inside. It’s a very stark contrast to how thoroughly the burnt out Dodge looked to be processed. Even if it’s been processed for evidence I’m a little surprised at how untouched it looks and out in the elements everything is.

To me the RAV 4 was burnt much more than the Dodge. Obviously it has been moved from where it was burnt, but I doubt anything in that car survived the fire. Billy Beardy discovered the RAV 4 while it was still on fire. "We sat there for 45 minutes before anyone got there". Compare both photos.

RAV4.jpg Burnt truck 2 - Copy.jpg

Torched car found in Manitoba linked to B.C. homicide suspects: RCMP

B.C. teens charged with 2nd-degree murder as Canada-wide manhunt continues

Didn’t they both live with family? Bryer lives with his grandmother. His computer and airgun, a few clothes were probably his only real possessions. Kam lived at home with his parents didn’t he?
I thought I read that they got a place together when they worked night shift at Walmart? Am I misremembering that?

This is a crazy question, but is there indisputable proof that K&B actually did commit these murders? I mean proof in terms of what RCMP has released so far.

What if K&B had a gun that was stolen from them? What if the murders were committed by whoever stole said gun from them? Who knows how many they had to start with. Perhaps two, and when they were left with one, they took turns committing suicide with the same gun?

I was just thinking the same thing. So far the only proof of anything is that they were driving LD's car, correct?
You are right. There has been no evidence shown publically to prove that KM and BS did anything apart from steal Mr D's car.

Obviously it has been moved from where it was burnt, but I doubt anything in that car survived the fire.

Half eaten pork chops, sardine tins (and maybe orange rinds?) have been mentioned as being seen in the burned out RAV4. Ya there probably isn’t much, I just expected that what was there would be carefully examined and preserved for evidence purposes. (That may well have been the case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling