GUILTY NY - Phoenix & Luna Rodriguez, 1, twins, die in hot car, Bronx, 26 July 2019 *No jail*

Sad. And I would be very interested if the Mother gets charged, when a man who killed two children the same exact way, gets a "pat on the back".
She most likely will, but it will be because drugs are involved, not primarily because of the dead child.

Well, at least he was initially charged with a crime and he had to post bond. Unlike this case in Nebraska where the names weren't even released.

Baby dies after being left in hot car in Nebraska, police say

Shrug. Another dead baby in a car. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

The Mother of the child could work in a job that has "public security", meaning that the media cannot release where she works or her name. My ex husband had a job like that, we couldn't even have social media accounts.

Shrug. Another dead baby in a car. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

The Mother of the child could work in a job that has "public security", meaning that the media cannot release where she works or her name. My ex husband had a job like that, we couldn't even have social media accounts.

Weston Nicolas

Mother is an occupational therapist at a hospital.

Columbus Community Hospital | Staff

He’s the 30th child to die in a hot car in 2019. Averaging out one a week, which is also what it was last year.

Weston Nicolas

Mother is an occupational therapist at a hospital.

Columbus Community Hospital | Staff

He’s the 30th child to die in a hot car in 2019. Averaging out one a week, which is also what it was last year.

Interesting. I wonder if she will be charged. The study I posted a link above, was very interesting reading. Apparently there is scientific evidence and research that supports the "Forgotten Baby Syndrome", so this researcher is a slam dunk "expert witness" for the defense. And of course, no one would ever believe that they could leave their baby in the car, so any interventions are irrelevant.

Interesting. I wonder if she will be charged. The study I posted a link above, was very interesting reading. Apparently there is scientific evidence and research that supports the "Forgotten Baby Syndrome", so this researcher is a slam dunk "expert witness" for the defense. And of course, no one would ever believe that they could leave their baby in the car, so any interventions are irrelevant.
I'm not buying it. "syndromes" are being manufactured in order to line pockets as expert witnesses. The other one that gripes me is "parental alienation syndrome" that can cost parents thousands to try to defend in child custody cases.

Babies and children usually have a routine and awaken early to begin their day. Their babbling chatter isn't going to stop just because Mommy hits the "auto pilot" button in her brain. That auto pilot for a driver kicks in or out based on what else is happening in traffic during that drive.

JMO

I'm not buying it. "syndromes" are being manufactured in order to line pockets as expert witnesses. The other one that gripes me is "parental alienation syndrome" that can cost parents thousands to try to defend in child custody cases.

Babies and children usually have a routine and awaken early to begin their day. Their babbling chatter isn't going to stop just because Mommy hits the "auto pilot" button in her brain. That auto pilot for a driver kicks in or out based on what else is happening in traffic during that drive.

JMO

I don't know either. But, charge them all or not at all. The issue of "picking and choosing" bothers me.

If you forgot your baby anywhere else - like you forgot it and left it behind at the shops, or at home, or on the beach, or in a park, for hours and hours - what is the law then? Neglect charges would surely come up if you left your baby unattended for hours under any other circumstance, right? I do wonder why there is forgiveness when they're left in a car.

I had a lot more empathy for this man before he staged the dog and pony show. All that family tableaux did for me was make me wonder why it was happening, why anyone felt it necessary.

My opinion
Same here, I find it very disturbing how in this photo they appear to be posing for the camera, like they're just having a family portrait done or something. Not just him but his wife as well. Probably practiced this in front of a mirror.

Prosecutors decline to pursue indictment against father in hot car death of twins
juan-rodriguez-lawyer-ht-jt-190801_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

These parents whose children die in hot cars because they “forget” the children are there need to be charged and convicted of manslaughter and negligent homicide, IMO. Maybe it would send a message to other “forgetful” parents and wake them up.

Putting this man in prison would compound the family's grief - it would be an injustice added to a tragedy. They wouldn't be able to mourn or heal while he was in prison - there are other children who would be fatherless.....etc. A wife without her husband at the worst time in her life....I could go on.

I don't know why people think prison is some huge deterrent to others - have you done a head count of how many people are in the prison system world-wide right now?

RSBM...
[QUOTE="....but what about the rest of the family? what justice do they get?[/QUOTE]

Thoughts on "the smell"- my car has smelled beyond rank before after a hot day in a parking lot. I've gotten in anyway - convinced myself the smell was from an errant chicken nugget left on the floorboard by one of the kids, rolled down the window, maybe even covered my nose and then I drove wherever I needed to be with the intent of finding the source when I got home to my garage. I have never crawled around in the car in the boiling hot lot looking for a source or double checked that I forgot a child somewhere in there. I tried my best NOT to get any closer to the source. My thinking is that I'll be fine with the windows rolled down and at home I'll have the Lysol wipes, trash bags etc that I'd need to clean up the spill or whatever it is. I can see surviving two blocks talking to yourself about the smell then reality hitting.

Web searches - I've mentioned before that I have C-PTSD. Part of what is wrong with my brain actually attracts me to stories like this because when I'm actively dissecting another person's trauma, my brain isn't trying to replay mine. It is an interesting phenomenon but also terrible for me for obvious reasons. If, god forbid, my children ever have anything terrible befall them, my websearhes will convict me in a heart beat. I am spared from my own flashbacks by reading about other people's hell so I do it quite often. You'll find me all over the crimes involving children threads. Hows that for the magic of the human brain?? :(

Mom arrested as baby in hot car survives: 'How do you forget your baby?' - CNN

"I don't know, I honestly don't know how it happened. I don't ... I'm freaking out, I'm sorry. I just, I don't know how it happened. Like, how do you forget your baby?" Holly says to an officer during an interview, police footage shows.

"I think that these people who do it who you see on TV, I'm like, 'God, how stupid are they to leave their kids in the car?' And then it happened," Holly says.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back