VA VA - Michael, 50, Mary, 36, & Jennifer Short, 9, Bassett, 15 Aug 2002

Here is a recent video report about the anniversary of the case which features some of the Short family's relatives:

On that Episode 2 part what that date on the store she go to says I can't see through the banner of that Who killed Jennifer Short

On that Episode 2 part what that date on the store she go to says I can't see through the banner of that Who killed Jennifer Short

Not sure myself. But if I remember right I think the man was seen sitting in his truck in the morning outside their house. I sure this has been posted before but here is aged progressed composite:

image_large-1.jpg

Cold Case USA: WHO MURDERED JENNIFER SHORT AND HER FAMILY?

Here is a sketch of the truck he was sitting in:

truck.bmp

Kidnapping, Murder, and Mayhem: Jennifer Short Murder Update

Here is part of the article. The eye witness who say the suspect said he had rugged features as if her were an outdoors man type:

The FBI has released a sketch of the truck, described as a 1998 to 2002 white, single-cab, two-ton stake body truck with wooden rails. An unidentified man was seen sitting in the truck along U.S. 220 in the vicinity of the Shorts’ Oak Level home, according to the FBI.

Last edited:
The time of her visit is around 11:13am
So the date could be 10th or 13th August when that time of her visit the mini store nearby her home .

Not sure myself. But if I remember right I think the man was seen sitting in his truck in the morning outside their house. I sure this has been posted before but here is aged progressed composite:

image_large-1.jpg

Cold Case USA: WHO MURDERED JENNIFER SHORT AND HER FAMILY?

Here is a sketch of the truck he was sitting in:

truck.bmp

Kidnapping, Murder, and Mayhem: Jennifer Short Murder Update

Here is part of the article. The eye witness who say the suspect said he had rugged features as if her were an outdoors man type:

The FBI has released a sketch of the truck, described as a 1998 to 2002 white, single-cab, two-ton stake body truck with wooden rails. An unidentified man was seen sitting in the truck along U.S. 220 in the vicinity of the Shorts’ Oak Level home, according to the FBI.

Again this may be a difficult case to solve if there is not DNA and it is confusing as to whether there is DNA evidence or not. Other people may be right with their theories but I agree with the theory Jennifer was the target of the offender in this crime. I do not think that man questioned was the offender in my opinion he did not look physically powerful enough. I think is you identify the man above you will solve the case:

As JaeJae's theory to think it the Child sexual offender who after Jennifer , other people will have their own differences of theory of this case .
As for me I remained close to the theory of the Hitman targeting the father ( Michael Short ) for something to do with the rumoured business of him shipping the drugs in the motor home from different state to another , Could it be that Mr Short was a witness or was going to rattled out and they sees him as the threat .
I agree with JaeJae about Bowman , the friends of his told the article that he was in no shape to move on that night due to going out for the drink .

As JaeJae's theory to think it the Child sexual offender who after Jennifer , other people will have their own differences of theory of this case .
As for me I remained close to the theory of the Hitman targeting the father ( Michael Short ) for something to do with the rumoured business of him shipping the drugs in the motor home from different state to another , Could it be that Mr Short was a witness or was going to rattled out and they sees him as the threat .
I agree with JaeJae about Bowman , the friends of his told the article that he was in no shape to move on that night due to going out for the drink .

Is there any evidence of the Short Family being involved in drugs trade. I was working under the assumption they were innocent of any of this kind of activity and were just an innocent family who loved their daughter. Anything is possible though. Thanks

There are other people somewhere in the website Facebook and also YouTube saying rumour Michael may have done some drug shipping , maybe he wanted the money to pay for bills , Jennifer's school or foods and others says he was a witness seeing suspicious . If he did do the drug shipping for the unknown illegal operation then he may want to rattled out but they saw him a threat .

Last edited:
There are other people somewhere in the website Facebook and also YouTube saying rumour Michael may have done some drug shipping , maybe he wanted the money to pay for bills , Jennifer's school or foods and others says he was a witness seeing suspicious . If he did do the drug shipping for the unknown illegal operation then he may want to rattled out but they saw him a threat .

Thanks for the input but we will have to beg to differ on this one because the Short Family looked very nice and honest people to me but then you might be right as looks can sometimes be deceptive and I am not from Virginia but that is my perception of them from what I see. I still favour Jennifer being the target of a killer who liked to kill perhaps in a similar way to the Keddie Murders in California. But as I say you may be going down the right angle with the drug trade theory. Cheers.

I don't this is a drug related crime at all. Why leave the money? Why take Jennifer? Jennifer was definitely the target. I would venture to say it was someone who knew the family. Could of been a relative. The cutting the telephone lines is what sticks out to me. The person had to have worked for the phone company at one time. I think the body of Jennifer was taken to a place probably not near the killer, but a place the killer knew well. Maybe he traveled this road a lot or grew up near the dump place. Hope they find out who did this, it's been too long.

I don't this is a drug related crime at all. Why leave the money? Why take Jennifer? Jennifer was definitely the target. I would venture to say it was someone who knew the family. Could of been a relative. The cutting the telephone lines is what sticks out to me. The person had to have worked for the phone company at one time. I think the body of Jennifer was taken to a place probably not near the killer, but a place the killer knew well. Maybe he traveled this road a lot or grew up near the dump place. Hope they find out who did this, it's been too long.
Huxley72 The reason the money was left there , because the killer has no intention to pick it up and for Jennifer , he been ordered to take her to make the public thinks it a sexual predator did this .
This Henry County police is known back in days for drug troubles and corruptions.
I still remains with Hitman Theory for now , I still respect for your theory as well .

Last edited:
Huxley72 The reason the money was left there , because the killer has no intention to pick it up and for Jennifer , he been ordered to take her to make the public thinks it a sexual predator did this .
This Henry County police is known back in days for drug troubles and corruptions.
I still remains with Hitman Theory for now , I still respect for your theory as well .

Sorry I have to disagree I think it was a sexual predator and although you have a right to your theories and investigation I find unsubstantiated and unproved suggestions that the Short Family dealt in drugs rather offensive to their memories. That is my view. It is my view based on years of research the offender in this case was a Serial Killer called Ralph Jackson who in my opinion targeted people of all different ages and many children.

Sorry I have to disagree I think it was a sexual predator and although you have a right to your theories and investigation I find unsubstantiated and unproved suggestions that the Short Family dealt in drugs rather offensive to their memories. That is my view. It is my view based on years of research the offender in this case was a Serial Killer called Ralph Jackson who in my opinion targeted people of all different ages and many children.

Just to add from what I have seen most LE working the case have found no logic to the murder of the Short Family parents after investigating the case for years. Of course by labelling them 'drug dealer's' it implies they are some how responsible for the horrific murder of their daughter by their alleged criminal behaviour and do not think this is the case. I believe like Jennifer they were totally innocent and the targets of a maniac. Of course people are entitled to their views but I just wanted to state mine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back