The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you dishonor the Cambridges for all the work they do that isn't showy and fake .

I think you dishonor Princess Anne and her extremen hard work for charities and events on behalf of the Royal Family. Also the Wessex's for the quite and dignified way they live their lives.

I have no respect for Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson who have literally burned through the Queen's money and yet can't stay away from a stranger offering cash. The Queen gave them a home when they married, and Sarah Ferguson burned it down by leaving a candle unattended (I suspect alcohol was involved). It sat empty for decades until some rich person took it off their hands and razed it to the ground. The Queen gave Prince Andrew Royal Lodge to live in and paid a reported 5,000,000 pounds to have it remodeled.

I think you dishonor the Cambridges for all the work they do that isn't showy and fake .

I think you dishonor Princess Anne and her extremen hard work for charities and events on behalf of the Royal Family. Also the Wessex's for the quite and dignified way they live their lives.

I have no respect for Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson who have literally burned through the Queen's money and yet can't stay away from a stranger offering cash. The Queen gave them a home when they married, and Sarah Ferguson burned it down by leaving a candle unattended (I suspect alcohol was involved). It sat empty for decades until some rich person took it off their hands and razed it to the ground. The Queen gave Prince Andrew Royal Lodge to live in and paid a reported 5,000,000 pounds to have it remodeled.

So the Chelsea Garden show is not showy?

The Wexners do what with their great wealth?

She looks very determined to fatten up that baby! :D

LOL! She does, but then again almost all grandmothers want to fatten up babies and grandkids.
Baked goods, always has candies in their pocket or a in cookie tin. The Queens babies were all cute n' chubby now that I think about it :)

So Charles has had nothing to do with celebrities?
The celeb friend I think of when I think of Charles is Jimmy Saville! So as smug as I think some of H&M's celeb friends are, they're a definite step up in my eyes

Really? What are the other Royals doing? Except for Charles, I do not see what they are doing for the public?

William and Kate have little. Andrew? Anne? Edward?

Human,
please don't take anyone's views of MM and Harry or whomever too personally. We're all going to have differing views. Love her or hate her, she came into the family as a celebrity she can handle it. Constant criticism isn't easy, but they have thicker skin than we do.
NINTCHDBPICT000395086155-e1555193116468.jpg

doria-arrives-in-london-baby-meghan.jpg

Human,
please don't take anyone's views of MM and Harry or whomever too personally. We're all going to have differing views. Love her or hate her, she came into the family as a celebrity she can handle it. Constant criticism isn't easy, but they have thicker skin than we do.
NINTCHDBPICT000395086155-e1555193116468.jpg

doria-arrives-in-london-baby-meghan.jpg

So Markle is holding the baby in the first pick, and is herself the baby in the second one?

:mad: Brace yourself...
as we head into the last week of August we know there's gonna be the annual onslaught of 'Diana' headlines!:rolleyes:

I know and it is hard to believe it is nearly 22 years since that terrible day. I will never forget it.

Prince William and Kate Middleton seen getting off budget flight to Scotland | Daily Mail Online

Prince William, Kate Middleton and their children are seen getting off a £73 budget flight to Scotland amid row over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's summer of private jet trips
  • Prince William and Kate seen getting off a flight from Norwich to Aberdeen
  • Couple can be seen with their children as they step off the economy FlyBe plane
  • They are thought to be heading to Balmoral to visit the Queen and Prince Philip
  • It comes amid a row over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's use of private jets

Good for them. I expect a private jet and gold carriage will be on the airport tarmac for the Sussex’s arrival. I don’t think we will see them fly Economy anytime soon.

6C853F80-C8F1-40D0-9902-7854F6FCE529.jpeg

The Duchess of Sussex is 'not wasting time' on the public row over her private jet use, royal sources have claimed.

Meghan Markle, 38, and Prince Harry, 34, who have been vocal on environmental issues and recently urged their Instagram followers to do 'their little bit of good', provoked outrage and were branded 'hypocrites' for flying on gas-guzzling private planes four times in 11 days this month.

However sources told Katie Nicholl at Vanity Fair that the Duchess is 'moving on and riding above the storm' and is instead focused on 'bigger things' like the launch of her new charity clothing range for Smart Works.

Meghan Markle is 'riding above' the private jet storm, royal sources claim | Daily Mail Online

It is going to be interesting to see if anything changes with their future travel plans.

We'll never know but I am dying to know how far in advance these tickets were bought

The Duke of Cambridge has flown Economy on EasyJet before and the family has flown commercial on British Airways to go the Caribbean and on state visits in the past. They may have flown on private jets before I don’t recall. The thing I like about the Cambridges is that they seem to want to blend in with everyone else and act normal they don’t make a spectacle of themselves and want a song and dance everywhere they go.

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge has flown Economy on EasyJet before and the family has flown commercial on British Airways to go the Caribbean and on state visits in the past. They may have flown on private jets before I don’t recall. The thing I like about the Cambridges is that they seem to want to blend in with everyone else and act normal they don’t make a spectacle of themselves and want a song and dance everywhere they go.

As far as I know, they also aren't preaching to others against the very things they themselves do -- which is the essence of the problem with Meghan and Harry imo

I am mystified why people criticize Meghan for her Hollywood friends. She grew up in Hollywood. She was in the industry.

People like Harry are in a different world than we are. How can they, except by imagination, know what our world is?

If you know any somewhat wealthy people, they have a different take on things. They think some things are just part of life.

I give great credit to Harry who came back from a life of debauchery to using his privilege to make a difference in the world. It will be a learning curve for him as well.

He himself has talked about the misfortune of being born into great privilege. And I am not saying this sarcastically.

Friendships? Real or only because of who he is.

Expectations.

Meghan and he could lead lives of partying and going from one exotic party to the next as many of the privileged seem to do.

Rather they are working on making a difference. Kudos to them.

I wish more wealthy people would use their money and influence for positive rather than the greatest booze and drugs and sex

Unfortunately, Hollywood is under siege and has been exposed by the Me Too movement.

That takes “ the rat pack” partying ways to a whole new level.

And that association sticks like super glue.

Meghan was a hard working girl. Yes, she had advantages that helped her open the door, but she carved out a life for herself. I admire her for that.

If anyone’s been to LA, it’s kind of like a fun house mirror of everything that’s superficial.

Some people may be looking at the difference between say Princess Grace of Monaco who abdicated Hollywood for marrying a Prince.

I’d hardly call Harry’s escapades debauched, he was a young rebellious kid. He matured. In a way choosing Meghan was perhaps a natural choice in how he wanted to differentiate himself.

Where he differs from his mother is in his pursuit of the limelight. Diana was the limelight effect. She navigated her rise as it happened.

Meghan’s working girl perspective is authentic. We have charity businesses that outfit the working woman here in the US. It’s really great, donate your corporate wardrobes for those in need for a fraction of the cost for those that need it. I’m sure there are similar businesses in the UK.

What Meghan is doing is not groundbreaking but helping an existing cause. How much traction a special line of clothing gets in the U.K., I don’t know. I would actually like to see it include men trying to enter, or re-enter the work force, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26