NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with @MissyMom @zecats
Resembles Carolyn his Wife simular in photo's on his FB.
Yes agree
That's creepy
Just looking at him creeps me out.
Hair on my neck stood out.
His Job title Accounting. Same firm but Carolyn seem to be upper level.
How could someone do this?
All alone he was hiding in plain sight.
He had to be on L.E. radar early.
Has anyone found what vehicle he drove yet.
EBM tried to include quotes of the two above awesome WS ers on Carolyn's thread.

Last edited:
Yes agree
That's creepy
Just looking at him creeps me out.
Hair on my neck stood out.
His Job title Accounting. Same firm but Carolyn seem to be upper level.
How could someone do this?
All alone he was hiding in plain sight.
He had to be on L.E. radar early.
Has anyone found what vehicle he drove?
I promise you, when I first found his FB page (and verified it was him with a photo from Linkedin), I saw the wedding photo and actually thought for a moment it WAS Carolyn.

And yes, correct, he does seem to have a lesser position with the company than Carolyn did. No info about any vehicle.

New Jersey man has been charged with waiting at his co-worker’s apartment and killing her when she returned home for a lunch break at her Plainsboro apartment in June, authorities said.

Kenneth C. Saal, 30, was arrested Wednesday at his home in Lindenwold and charged with first-degree murder and a third-degree weapon charge in the killing of Carolyn Byington, 26, the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office said.

Saal and Byington worked at Engine, a marketing firm in the Plainsboro area, police said. Saal’s profile on LinkedIn lists his job as staff accountant.

Byington was found dead in her home on June 10 after police conducted a wellness check when she didn’t come back to work after lunch, officials said.

Byington’s alleged killer was waiting for her at the apartment in the Hunters Glen complex, sources told NJ Advance Media shortly after the slaying. Neighbors said they heard faint screams and the sound of furniture moving in her apartment around lunchtime, officials said.

Co-worker killed 26-year-old N.J. woman when she went home for lunch break, authorities say

After an investigation by the Plainsboro Police Department and the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office, charges were filed against Saal. Authorities didn't provide a motive for the alleged murder on Thursday. They also have not revealed how she was killed.

He was arrested at his home by members of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office and the Plainsboro Police Department, with the assistance of the Lindenwold Police Department and the Camden County Prosecutor's Office — Homicide Unit on Aug. 21.
Camden County Man Arrested In Plainsboro Woman's Murder: Cops

New Jersey man has been charged with waiting at his co-worker’s apartment and killing her when she returned home for a lunch break at her Plainsboro apartment in June, authorities said.

Kenneth C. Saal, 30, was arrested Wednesday at his home in Lindenwold and charged with first-degree murder and a third-degree weapon charge in the killing of Carolyn Byington, 26, the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office said.

Saal and Byington worked at Engine, a marketing firm in the Plainsboro area, police said. Saal’s profile on LinkedIn lists his job as staff accountant.

Byington was found dead in her home on June 10 after police conducted a wellness check when she didn’t come back to work after lunch, officials said.

Byington’s alleged killer was waiting for her at the apartment in the Hunters Glen complex, sources told NJ Advance Media shortly after the slaying. Neighbors said they heard faint screams and the sound of furniture moving in her apartment around lunchtime, officials said.

Co-worker killed 26-year-old N.J. woman when she went home for lunch break, authorities say
Strange how neighbors noticed Carolyn coming home for lunch but did not notice this guy, at least as far as we know. What the heck was he doing waiting for her there and why did she go home when normally she didn't? I'm satisfied that LE finally got this killer, but I admit I'm very curious as to motive and opportunity.

Project manager isn't a senior or high-level position within a marketing firm. It's borderline entry level. So while I have no doubt she was bright and had a long career ahead of her, don't get thrown by the word "manager" in her title. It doesn't mean she was in a position of seniority.

It seems they were both working for Engine for about 3 years. While he was a staff accountant he did have an MBA. I too am curious about the motive. I guess getting that information will take longer

It seems they were both working for Engine for about 3 years. While he was a staff accountant he did have an MBA. I too am curious about the motive. I guess getting that information will take longer
Yes I just saw that he worked there since July 2016. Previously an accountant in and around the area (Hamilton, etc). Most likely just different departments for the company rather than superior or inferior.

Project manager isn't a senior or high-level position within a marketing firm. It's borderline entry level. So while I have no doubt she was bright and had a long career ahead of her, don't get thrown by the word "manager" in her title. It doesn't mean she was in a position of seniority.
Thank you anything that would cause friction with a Staff accountant? Just your opinion and knowledge would help. Just wondering if they had close ties with their titles? In the work place such as meetings or disagreements involving company projects?

I wonder if there was any romantic relationship between the two.
That's a question we wait for. But I do not feel like the character evidence of Carolyn would fit as too an affair with a married man with a child. Sorry but really not a great looking creep either.
MOO he stalked her. She most likely would be a No No No . And he looks to be with his current address of LOCK UP a CREEP who did not like the word NO!!!! MOO also could be work related. Just thankful for Arrest.

Saal and Byington worked together at a marketing firm in the Plainsboro area, according to authorities. Byington was a project manager for Engine US in Princeton, according to her LinkedIn profile. Saal is a staff accountant at the same firm, according to his LinkedIn profile.
Camden County Man Arrested In Plainsboro Woman's Murder: Cops
Just wanted to tell you thank you for research and the links. Your an AWESOME WEBSLUTH WARRIOR.
Justice For Carolyn.

Good to see some movement in this case. I had thought that the LEO involved was working quietly. This is a tragedy for this man's wife and family as well as the Byington family. Justice for Carolyn!

I very much like this idea that somebody from work the suspect.

CB was described as having a quiet, routine life where I assume most of her hours were spent at work. Perhaps somebody at work was also suspicious about a worker that also left that afternoon, and why they called for a welfare check. Ex-boyfriend or wanna-be boyfriend that CB brushed off?

MOO

Holy crap Seattle1! You and @MissyMom called it! I never thought about it but it makes so much sense! Wow!

I am so happy to hear that an arrest has been made. Hopefully lots more info to come.

Also, I notice he was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm. Although this could mean she was shot, for some reason I would tend to doubt that was her COD. Usually male to female violence is more...personal. But of course, we don't know the motive, their relationship, etc. I hate to speculate too much since we really know nothing at this point.

Last edited:
That's a question we wait for. But I do not feel like the character evidence of Carolyn would fit as too an affair with a married man with a child. Sorry but really not a great looking creep either.
MOO he stalked her. She most likely would be a No No No . And he looks to be with his current address of LOCK UP a CREEP who did not like the word NO!!!! MOO also could be work related. Just thankful for Arrest.
I confess I was thinking the same. And the fact that his wife looks very much like Carolyn is a bit of a red flag, IMO at least.

However, if she was big on NO, what explanation can we come up with for her agreeing to go home for lunch and possibly meeting him there? The "drawn home" comment from previous reports has me wondering what was going on. If she didn't care for any possible advances from him, she wouldn't have invited him to her home. If she caught him doing something against the rules at work (he is an accountant), again why should she agree to meet him at her home. Did she just randomly decide to go home for lunch this day and he overheard and rushed there before she arrived? Motive is very much a part of this.

From above: "Byington’s alleged killer was waiting for her at the apartment in the Hunters Glen complex, sources told NJ Advance Media shortly after the slaying."

I wonder if this is true? Very puzzling if it is. If they left together for some reason, why would he be waiting for her there? Maybe this is an assumption? Or did people see her going in by herself? If it IS true, what could that mean - that he is the one who somehow lured her there under false pretenses, that he had a means of entry to her place for some reason? It's all very odd.

ETA: I see @zecats and I have similar questions about how he could have been waiting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member