GUILTY NY - Andrea Zamperoni, 33, chef at Cipriani Dolci, Queens, 17 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

The Uber ride was reported by the roommate. This doesn't confirm an Uber ride (or similar).

Maybe he did call for a Uber ride, and got an Uber ride.
Maybe he did call for a Uber, and never showed up for the pickup. Maybe he never called an Uber.
Exactly.

So, the known info is he was last seen at the end of his shift on Saturday 9pm and his roommate claims that he took an Uber a few hours later at 2:30am. Roommate also claims he doesn't know Andreas that well as they are new roommates. A co-worker says Andrea's passport is still in the apartment and he has no other ID.

None of the info is actually "confirmed" with evidence that has been shared with the public, as far as I know. It's just info that people are saying, ykwim?

Could all be true. Or not.

jmo

The Uber ride was reported by the roommate. This doesn't confirm an Uber ride (or similar).

Maybe he did call for a Uber ride, and got an Uber ride.
Maybe he did call for a Uber, and never showed up for the pickup.
Maybe he never called an Uber.
I'm sure LE knows by now which of those scenarios is correct.

Zamperoni was last seen by his roommates in Queens on Saturday.

Zamperoni has worked in Cipriani's Grand Central Terminal location for a little more than a year. He previously worked at a Cipriani restaurant in London.

Chef At Popular Grand Central Terminal Restaurant Missing Since Weekend

2374-19%20Missing%20110%20pct%2008-19-19%20photo%20final.jpg

A different update:

Andrea Zamperoni, 33, was last seen at his home in Elmhurst on Monday at noon.

Head Chef at Cipriani in Grand Central Has Been Missing for Days

Police need the public’s help locating a man who was last seen leaving his Elmhurst home to go to work on Monday.

Zamperoni was last seen at 2 a.m. on Aug. 18, when Zamperoni was leaving to see a friend.

Missing chef last seen leaving his Elmhurst home to go to work: cops - QNS.com

His mother in Italy grew concerned when he missed their daily call Sunday

Head chef of a renowned NYC restaurant has mysteriously vanished

Zamperoni's roommate said the chef went home to his apartment in Flushing, Queens, and then stepped outside and got into a car. He has not been heard from since.

Cipriani head chef missing, reportedly last seen getting into car

33-Year-Old Elmhurst Man Missing: NYPD | Jackson Heights Post

Last edited:
Zamperoni hasn’t unexpectedly missed a day of work in a decade.

He finished his shift Saturday night and went home to his apartment on 74th in Flushing, Queens. Zamperoni’s roommate said he stepped outside and got into a car, and has not been seen or heard from since.

Head Chef at Renowned Grand Central Restaurant Goes Missing

I'm confused. Some reports say Andrea was last seen getting into a car at 2:30 a.m. on Sunday. Other reports say he was last seen Monday at noon heading to work.

Colour me confused.

At first, he was last seen leaving work at 9:00 pm Saturday.
Second last seen was at 2:30 am Sunday getting into an Uber.
Third story is he was last seen around noon getting into a car to go to work.

Hmmmm...just a guess but the first time was reported by co-workers. The second and third reports are from a roommate who is relatively new.

Well, I'm not sure where to go right now but my hinky meter is starting to stir.

MOO

What his coworker Manuel Ignacio told the media:

“He talks to his mom every day in Italy. All of a sudden, his mom calls me Monday asking me where her son is.”

'He's A Hard Worker:' Coworkers Concerned After Cipriani Chef's Disappearance

If the mother called the coworker on Monday, does that mean that Andrea did not speak to her on Sunday nor on Monday? Time zone difference between Italy and NY is 6 hours.

Last edited:
Social media not touched, phone off for four days, didn't call his mom as was his usual habit, no activity on bank account - this looks very, very bad for Mr. Zamperoni. His cell phone records will be very revealing, I predict. MOO

Head chef of a renowned NYC restaurant has mysteriously vanished

According to this article, he missed his daily call with his mother on Sunday.
Reports are saying that his phone has been off for 4 days so this would line up. It looks as if something happened on Sunday then. The phone turns off on Sunday and stays off Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. We are now into the 5th day.

Assuming something happened on Sunday (I know I'm assuming), how did the roommate see him getting in a vehicle to head to work on Monday?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back